coffee card question

Our daughter will be taking her 1st Princess cruise with me in Oct. She may use some of her OBC for a coffee card. I have no coffee card experience. Where would she go to buy it? This will be a 25 day cruise. Does that figure into what kind of card she should buy? How does it work? Any info. greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Our daughter will be taking her 1st Princess cruise with me in Oct. She may use some of her OBC for a coffee card. I have no coffee card experience. Where would she go to buy it? This will be a 25 day cruise. Does that figure into what kind of card she should buy? How does it work? Any info. greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Purchase it at the Coffee Bar near the International Café .

Only one type of card . 15 punches for Specialty Drinks and Unlimited Brewed Coffee from there .

If she wants more than 15 Specialty Drinks , buy another card.

Or buy it at dinner from your assistant waiter. That's how DH usually buys them. One card will last him for several cruises.

If you have OBC purchase the card for her with your on board account. The card punches, 15 of them, can be used by anyone. The unlimited brewed coffee & tea option is supposed to be for the holder only. If she drinks lots of espresso drinks she may require two cards for a 25 day cruise. Unused punches can be used on any future Princess cruise, so save cards that are not totally used up.

I just took a look on ebay and there are several for sale there. They are $38 on board for sale at the cafe on Piazza deck.

I hate to be another to throw this in, but we too have had luck purhasing on ebay. Just make sure it is a reputable seller.

You can save $10.00-plus per card.

Each card has 15 punches, so for a 25 day cruise, you might want to go for two cards.

One would have been plenty for us on our last one-week cruise, but then I discovered the Green Tea Fruit Drinks!!!

That would be a nice gift in a Bon-Voyage card, or Christmas/Birthday

Other useless info. Don't run the coffee card through the washer as it doesn't hold up real well.:loudcry:

In addition to unlimited brewed coffee, she can get a variety of special hot teas.

Oh Ya... If she has any questions about the usage of the card (what is included) ASK the Service Person.

On our last cruise the library and the internet cafe were in the same room. I heard a woman tell the tech person that she had used her coffee card as a bookmark and had forgotten to remove it from the book when she returned the book to the library. She was wondering if anyone had turned in her coffee card. Kind of sad. :(

Oh no!

Talked to Princess, effective November 1st. previous cards are not usable.

However, Princess agent said don’t throw the old ones away just yet

Oh no!

I don't believe this. If this were really happening on the ships, we would have read about it.

On our last cruise the library and the internet cafe were in the same room. I heard a woman tell the tech person that she had used her coffee card as a bookmark and had forgotten to remove it from the book when she returned the book to the library. She was wondering if anyone had turned in her coffee card. Kind of sad. :(

We also misplaced once our coffee card. The Barista advised us that it is better to write our name on the card just in case it is found by someone else willing to return to its owner.

Oh no!

Effective November 20th, I used an old card on a princess ship.

Several actually, as they ran out of punches.

Oh no!

I think that's not correct & the rep misunderstood. The old cards are good forever although the unlimited brewed coffee is only given with a punch unless the cards are not filled in with a ships name & voyage.

If anything the value of the old cards will increase when they don't issue the cards in the future after the Medallions are in full operation.

There are literally thousands of coffee cards out there both used & unused & Princess can't afford the bad press to not honor them when they expressively sold them with the intent to use them forever.

Has anyone actually used the coffee cards bought on eBay?

We plan to soon. I have them in hand and they are the real thing - or identical to the real thing. IDK their provenance and it does seem odd that one of the sellers has a seemingly unending supply. I have NP filling out the card myself, but it is reported on various threads here that Elites sometime receive them filled out and sometimes blank (swap for free mini bar setup).

I have, once...

And now have two in hand for our next cruise.

They seem to be authentic/legit.

We are so looking forward to it!

I believe that it so happened that the person I bought the first one from is actually a reputable CC poster.

I am not sure who we bought these two from, but I do not think they are a seller with a large supply.

The seller has excellent ratings, which would not last long if they were selling bogus merchandise.

I have, once...

And now have two in hand for our next cruise.

They seem to be authentic/legit.

We are so looking forward to it!

I believe that it so happened that the person I bought the first one from is actually a reputable CC poster.

I am not sure who we bought these two from, but I do not think they are a seller with a large supply.

The seller has excellent ratings, which would not last long if they were selling bogus merchandise.

Precisely. I felt the same way. Order and delivery was quick and smooth about a month or so ago.

Has anyone actually used the coffee cards bought on eBay?

I have. Used it on several ships (except one, where it was not accepted). One ship wrote the ship name on it, which diminished the future value.

I have. Used it on several ships (except one, where it was not accepted). One ship wrote the ship name on it, which diminished the future value.

Most of the ships now include the name & voyage number on them.

This hasn't seemed to affect the asking price on eBay since many people don't know about the unlimited brewed coffee & tea option.

Most of the ships now include the name & voyage number on them.

This hasn't seemed to affect the asking price on eBay since many people don't know about the unlimited brewed coffee & tea option.

If you purchase one on eBay and write in the name and voyage yourself, the tea and brewed coffee is only good on that sailing but the punches are still good for future cruises if they go unused, correct?

If you purchase one on eBay and write in the name and voyage yourself, the tea and brewed coffee is only good on that sailing but the punches are still good for future cruises if they go unused, correct?

That's correct but why write in the name & voyage yourself? If you leave it blank they might not say a word & it'll be good for unlimited tea and brewed coffee in the future if not used.

Let them fill it in if they choose.

Yes.

I bought a coffee card on the Star in mid-November, using only 8-punches. I tried using the card on the Emerald a week later where it was rejected each time I presented it to the barista. My card was marked with the ship name, cruise number, and cabin number at the time of purchase. So it appears in at least this instance the coffee card is good for a single cruise.

I board the Star again tomorrow. I will try to use it again and advise what I find. Cheers!

I bought a coffee card on the Star in mid-November, using only 8-punches. I tried using the card on the Emerald a week later where it was rejected each time I presented it to the barista. My card was marked with the ship name, cruise number, and cabin number at the time of purchase. So it appears in at least this instance the coffee card is good for a single cruise.

I board the Star again tomorrow. I will try to use it again and advise what I find. Cheers!

The card will not be valid for regular coffee/tea (unlimited value). You can still use the unpunched coffees until they are used up.

You should have called his manager to correct the barista. He was definitely wrong in not letting you use the card's punches. No matter where and when you obtained the card it should at least have been punched for your order although the brewed coffee is no longer an unlimited option.

Thank you for your reply. Just off the Star, where I originally purchased the CC. As you recall, the Emerald would not honor the unused specialty punches. Back on the Star there was no problem with either regular coffee or unused specialty punches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply. Just off the Star, where I originally purchased the CC. As you recall, the Emerald would not honor the unused specialty punches. Back on the Star there was no problem with either regular coffee or unused specialty punches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thank you for reporting back. Hope you had a nice cruise!

We are leaving the Royal today. DH brought his old coffee card and did not have any problems using it for cappuccino in the dining room. We also got two new coffee cards for trading in a minibar setup. They did come filled in with the ship's name and voyage number. I used them for the free specialty teas.

Yesterday afternoon, the server in the gelato place told me that starting with this cruise, they no longer honored a punch for gelato. I told him they had earlier in the cruise, so he let me use it one more time. So apparently it's something that is in the process of being done away with.

The card will not be valid for regular coffee/tea (unlimited value). You can still use the unpunched coffees until they are used up.

Sometimes. I had the same experience as the above poster, albeit on a different ship. Accurate statement: "USUALLY the unused punches can be used on a subsequent voyage."

I think that's not correct & the rep misunderstood. The old cards are good forever although the unlimited brewed coffee is only given with a punch unless the cards are not filled in with a ships name & voyage.

If anything the value of the old cards will increase when they don't issue the cards in the future after the Medallions are in full operation.

There are literally thousands of coffee cards out there both used & unused & Princess can't afford the bad press to not honor them when they expressively sold them with the intent to use them forever.

Will you be able to load the equivalent of a coffee card on your medallion or will they not give you a coffee deal at all anymore?

Will you be able to load the equivalent of a coffee card on your medallion or will they not give you a coffee deal at all anymore?

It's to early to tell all the small details right now.

Since the card info is stored on their system I'm guessing there won't be any cardboard cards handed out any longer. This will eliminate selling & passing cards to others for unlimited brewed coffee.