need2cruisesoon

Let it Be Said: The Track Suit is the Ultimate Cruise Wear Ensemble, Yes?

I was recently on the Regal Princess this past October and had determined that the track suit is possibly the best outfit to wear on the ship, at breakfast, lunch and dinner and (evening entertainment). Plus I was very comfortable on all day excursions riding in buses and vans with little discomfort with my attire.

On my next cruise, just a track suit, shorts and some fancy Italian loafers to dress the outfit up a bit.

f06da206fd3da2daf2d8d65eea3e2439.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whatever makes one comfortable is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it's not. For dinner? Maybe at Appleby's or McDonald's

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Track suits. I thought those were only worn by terrorists and people from The Villages.

Track suits. I thought those were only worn by terrorists and people from The Villages.

Nope, go on a MSC cruise, lots of varieties there. Lol

Nope, go on a MSC cruise, lots of varieties there. Lol

Do they still sell track suits? I haven't seen anyone wear one in years :D Not a man or woman. :)

Do they still sell track suits? I haven't seen anyone wear one in years :D Not a man or woman. :)

Either they still sell them or else the don't-give-a-damn-how-I-look folk stocked up on them. Unfortunately, I see them all over.

Yes -- we saw a man and woman wearing them on our cruise on the Westerdam -- but not all day.

Meh. If a track suit is your idea of ideal cruise wear, then fine. But while you're at it, just hang a sign around your neck that says "I gave up.". No doubt you consider pyjamas a good alternative for day wear.

Of course, Vinnie "the Chin" Gigante shuffled around in his bathrobe all the time, reportedly to build credence for his contemplated incompetency plea -- perhaps that is what OP has in mind as well.

How about a very stylish polyester leisure suit, flowered shirt, with a white belt and matching white leather shoes?

Wear what you want. No one can change your tastes. Enjoy your cruise. Life is far too short for us to be concerned about what some stranger happens to wear on our cruise. Conformity is not all what it is cracked up to be.

Do you think you could wait a few more months (or years) before once again starting virtually the same thread? Have you not elicited sufficient responses? I suggest you try starting a new thread on tipping, passports, or chair hogs next time. You'll have more fun.

How about a very stylish polyester leisure suit, flowered shirt, with a white belt and matching white leather shoes?

I believe you have described what used to be referred to as a "Full Cleveland".

One of my part time jobs while in university was selling men's clothing. I sold countless leisure suits.

We often has as much or more margin in the shirt than we had in the leisure suit. The goal was never to let a suit leave the store without a shirt to match. And sometimes two.

My guess is many of the suits/shirts that were bought by men, with their wives present and egging them on, were only worn once. Then hung in the closet for a few years prior to being discarded.

One of my part time jobs while in university was selling men's clothing. I sold countless leisure suits.

We often has as much or more margin in the shirt than we had in the leisure suit. The goal was never to let a suit leave the store without a shirt to match. And sometimes two.

My guess is many of the suits/shirts that were bought by men, with their wives present and egging them on, were only worn once. Then hung in the closet for a few years prior to being discarded.

So, you're the guy who released all those cheesy suits upon the American public?

He's the 'guy' blamiing the wive s for the DH's bad taste innclothing. When in doubt, blame the spouse. :) Never let the guy take the blame if avaoidable in any way whatsoever. :D.

He's the 'guy' blamiing the wive s for the DH's bad taste innclothing. When in doubt, blame the spouse. :) Never let the guy take the blame if avaoidable in any way whatsoever. :D.

Good point - either the man exhibited bad taste in picking the leisure suit, or he showed himself to be a wimp by letting himself be dressed by his “little woman”.

It shows your age. Younger folks wear jammies all day long.

Burt

That's exactly what I was thinking! You won't find me wearing either (don't have a track suit, and only wear jammies to bed).

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I was recently on the Regal Princess this past October and had determined that the track suit is possibly the best outfit to wear on the ship, at breakfast, lunch and dinner and (evening entertainment). Plus I was very comfortable on all day excursions riding in buses and vans with little discomfort with my attire.

On my next cruise, just a track suit, shorts and some fancy Italian loafers to dress the outfit up a bit.

f06da206fd3da2daf2d8d65eea3e2439.jpg

I'm usually a live and let live kinda guy but need2cruisesoon, if you travel with a significant other, please, please, please, do not wear matching fuchsia track suits with matching fushcia ball caps for even a nanosecond on your cruise. :eek:

Yep, It happened and I still can't that image out of my brain. Z:o

Wait a second.....

Need2cruisesoon,aren’t you the gentleman who met Norris (Bimmer09) on a recent Regal Princess cruise to New England and Canada?

I seem to recall a post by Norris in his excellent thread/review that told about you meeting each other in the aft smoking section. There was an accompanying photo of both of you.

I do not recall you wearing a track suit in the photo. I think you were wearing blue shorts and a t shirt. Perhaps you had changed your comfortable track suit for another comfortable outfit when that photo was taken ?

Perhaps you started this thread as a tongue*in*cheek comment about dressing styles (or lack thereof) seen onboard cruise ships?

If you are not that gentleman in the photo with Norris, please disregard this reply.

I was recently on the Regal Princess this past October and had determined that the track suit is possibly the best outfit to wear on the ship, at .........

UGH!!!!

SBtS

JMO but I would not give the track suit luggage space.

I wolfd not wear that relaxing alone in my housef or fear someone might ring my doorbell and I'd have to answer . :D

need2cruisesoon, the nylon track suit in your photo is all wrong for cruise wear. There is no stretch to the fabric. Get yourself a knit track suit with some give to it.

I'm guessing this thread is a joke...who knows.

Those who wear tracksuits all the time in the UK are called chavs...defined as 'a lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour.'

As a 89 year old lady church once told me 'you are never too old to make an effort'.

Soft casual trousers and a polo shirt would be just as comfy.

You are reacting to a definition not a poster's statement.

Judgmental much?

Nice try. You can contend the poster may not agree with the definition. You and I will differ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Condescending/stereotypical much?

Aw, what's the matter? Hit too close to home?

Nice try. You can contend the poster may not agree with the definition. You and I will differ.

Nobody "tried" anything. I do not believe that either the poster or I agreed with the definition - the poster merely provided it - and then you jumped judgmental.

Nobody "tried" anything. I do not believe that either the poster or I agreed with the definition - the poster merely provided it - and then you jumped judgmental.
"Judging" by the context of the post, it's not difficult to infer his/her perspective.