Does public bus go all the way down to Xel-Ha from the Hotel Zone?

staylor

Does the bus go all the way down to Xel-Ha? I have heard it goes all the way to Tulum. Would love to know for sure.

If we took a cab to Xel-Ha how much would it be?

Is Tulum worth seeing?

Are their cabbies everywhere like there are on the Carribbean Islands?

Thanks for any help at all! icon_smile.gif

dolphin.gif

Ecstasy 1996, Fantasy 1997,1998,1999, Imagination 2000, Sovereign 2001, Fantasy 2002, Monarch 2003, Serenade 2004

• 1 month later...

I don't believe that the bus goes that far, but if it did I doubt that there would be enough time to tender in, take the bus, visit, ride the bus back, and still make the last tender. Yes there are taxi drivers - friends that went with us hired one to take them (2 couples) to Tulum for the day. They didn't have much time to tour the ruins - a port stop is not the best way to see Cancun. Xel Ha isn't quite as far, but if you want to snorkel while there I would suggest getting off on the first tender possible and finding a cab right away.

I was in Cancun last week and know for sure that the bus doesn't go that far. I don't know where the ships port is, but if you manage Xel-Ha, IT IS AWESOME! It takes a whole day to see and do everything. You could snorkel down the river, you could tube down the river, they had "cliffs of courage" to jump from, thay had a floating bridge where they fed the fish and there were tons of HUGE fish. They had two ropes stretched across the water thet you could hold on to and try to walk across. It was hard, people were struggling and it was fun to watch and cheer for them. They had caves to swim in and under water passages to swim through. There was also a beach area and several restaurants. We really had a blast and felt like we were on Survivor doing all the "challenges".

• 4 weeks later...

There is a web site Xel-Ha.com You have to change the language in the upper right hand corner. They arrange trips. It is a great day trip. We loved it been several times as we have a timeshare and go for 2 weeks every Jan. I don't know how long you have in port so check the site out.

Stella

I have read on the cancun.net board that you should take the downtown bus to Playa Del Carmen (about an hour) and then another bus from there to Tulum, Xcaret, etc. If your ship has a stop in Playa, get off there. Would be much easier but of course, you'd have to get back to Cozumel, Cancun or wherever your ship is. A taxi from Cancun to Xcaret would be very expensive. Maybe your cruise line has a tour? It's probably more than it would cost to take the bus but it's worth knowing you wouldn't have to worry about transportation, etc.

Archived