cathycruise

Bringing a personal water bottle ashore

Hello,

We have cruised several times, but I have never attempted to fill my water canteen on the ship and bring it with me ashore. Will Princess allow that? I’m particularly interested in such practice in Mexico. Has anybody done that before? I know it is not allowed to bring certain food items but am not sure about water. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have taken our water bottle filled ashore on almost all port visits. It is safer as we are accustomed to the water and certainly cheaper as well as convenient. On shore just remember to drink only canned/bottled drinks and do not ask for ice. We were on a cruise to Mexico and some of our fellow pax ordered a bottled soda then asked for a glass and ice. Several found out it was a very bad idea! :eek:

Just be aware you may be asked by security to pour out what remains in the bottle when you reboard the ship. Because some of your fellow passengers will have switched out the water for other local beverages.

New Zealand ports require that you take a commercially bottled water bottle in lieu of a personal water bottle. In reality, my water bottle was never checked to be certain the seal was unbroken but those are the rules that are announced to us in every port.

Don’t fill your bottle directly from the dispenser. Please use a cup to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can also bring it back onboard filled with the adult beverage of choice.

Are you sure of this? Have Princess not adopted the norm of a number of lines that liquids other than wine cannot be taken on board?

You can also bring it back onboard filled with the adult beverage of choice.

Are you sure of this? Have Princess not adopted the norm of a number of lines that liquids other than wine cannot be taken on board?

Princess is very lax on stopping just about any liquids being brought back on board.

It's become almost a voluntary thing on many of the ships.;p