LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

I was disappointed with the Curtis Stone pork belly. It’s supposed to have a crackle and lots of meat (had it on two previous cruises) but this was basically a mushy lump of fat.

e1ab901183b65bd32f5a50f949a1c544.jpg

I ordered the "pork belly" over a mild objection by the waiter...should have listened to him. Fortunately, he brought the pork as a "side" dish. The full meal, but he encouraged me to order a different entreé as well.

The one that I got looked worse than yours, it was at least 3/4 fat. Ugh!! The good news is the applesauce was very good.

Winds gusting to 35 knots continued overnight, delaying our departure from Falmouth until 5:30 am.

As a result, our call at Cartagena has been canceled, and we are proceeding directly to Panama.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's a bummer..

Still haven’t seen the sun since we left Fort Lauderdale. We had The Sanctuary booked for this afternoon, but with the unexpected sea day tomorrow, they were able to move our reservation to tomorrow afternoon instead. Hopefully the weather will improve.

030bb2317125696c23156be12550e68b.jpg

Missed winning morning trivia by one question. My wife had the right answer to it, but the rest of the team overruled her :-(

Hearts & Minds Chapel

d3ccb472e37a0d93c841b30edb207c74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

99d23580753d330eeb3f9d13f0187445.jpg

What is this..i see milk and juice but what are the items to the left...yogurts?

Also if you get a chance again..would love to see more of coffe and cones items like the sandwhiches...

Loving your pics thanks for taking the time to do this...we will be on CB in August.

oh that would be different usually they are in cardboard boxes...the plastic looking bottoms reminded me of yogurts or those new "flips" ones but that is neat if it is cereal with its own bowl essentially.

Yup. They’re bowls of cereal ready to pour milk into. I’ll get a better pic tomorrow.

Disappointed with the pork belly as it was our favorite on the TA. Lots of amazing cracklings and meat, had it twice. Chicken and Leek pie was also great. Have made the Pork Belly since we have been home. Hopefully it will be good on the Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for this preview! We board on January 03.

Could you tell me what the price would be for the entire 10 days for the Sanctuary?

URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/]countdown.pl?image=panamacanal&name=Innerchild&date=1-3-2018&text=&ship=Caribbean%20Princess[/url]

Didn't see this answered, but either 10x$30 or 9x$30 (not counting boarding day - it's really a 10-night cruise as opposed to 10-day cruise as you don't get 10 full days).

In years past, I have paid 7x $15 (old price) for a week cruise and 9x $15 (old price) for a 10-night.

Second lunch in the MDR. (Don’t judge ;-)

a1e564d0243073dc428b7f9f8c73d4e6.jpg

ded8ed8059675e9159ae1360426c4d01.jpg

I forgot to take a photo of the Mozzarella Sticks, but they were fantastic. Hand breaded, and hot so the cheese was stretchy.

The lasagna (appetizer size) was also amazing. Between the Pub Lunch and the MDR, easily the best lunch we’ve had yet.

7812a0048a387377099f5d6c4d62f361.jpg

Several years ago on the Island Princess, during sea days going to the Panama Canal, we had an historian doing lectures in the afternoons. Do they still have the lectures on the history of the canal???

Yes, Destination Expert Chris Roberts gave an interesting talk in the Princess Theatre about the canal. He’s also doing talks about the other destinations. He’ll also be doing a live commentary from the bridge as we transit the locks.