Thoughts ~ Royal Family Suite or Crown Loft Suite

We have a cruise on the Oasis this January. There will be two adults and a teenager. We currently have a crown loft suite booked. A royal family suite (9th floor) just opened for the same price and I’m considering making a change. Has anyone stayed in both or either room type? What are the positives and negatives? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same price OMG

Even though we love the convenience of the 17th. deck.

I would definitely go for the RFS for the same cost!!!!

Enjoy

I have stayed in both

Typically the royal fam suite is cheaper than a crown

The crown is way nicer and deck 17 is my preference

But with three people I would be inclined for the rfs

With the separate bedroom there is simply more space and privacy

It's not a omg moment. Just a different accommodation still in the sky class,

There a plenty of vids on line. Just decide what you really want? Location to suite lounge? More space in a room?

I would go with the RFS for the extra bedroom and privacy. We have stayed in the OS and CLS. OS and RFS are same sq ft and you will like the extra huge balcony of the RFS. Yes, being on 17 near the SL and CK are nice. But even being in an OS on 10 never kept us from going to SL as often as we wanted. Only downside I can see is the smaller living room than the OS or CLS. But being able to close the door on a teenager's room, PRICELESS!

Interesting, I just looked at the deck plans and the RFS after 11/1/19 will be called a Grand Suite with two bedrooms.

Edited by jamesr3939

• 1 month later...

We just got off Oasis and had a wonderful cruise. We stayed with the Crown Loft Suite and we loved it. The 17th floor was so peaceful and the views from the two story windows was breathtaking. I loved the extra wide hallways and having Costal Kitchen so close was really nice. Our daughter loved having her own bathroom and she said the couch was very comfortable. The balcony was definitely large enough for the three of us. On the Oasis class we have stayed in the Aqua Theater Suite (both the 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom), Grand Suite, and now the Crown Loft Suite. I don’t think we will leave the 17th floor again.

We have the same situation on the Harmony this upcoming March. We have an RFS booked for 3 of us including our 16 year old DS. We could switch to a CL1 for no change in price. We are staying put in the RFS primarily for having 2 bedrooms and also the larger balcony. I’m surprised that RCCL would let us book only 3 in the RFS considering it has a max capacity of 8 but I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off Oasis and had a wonderful cruise. We stayed with the Crown Loft Suite and we loved it. The 17th floor was so peaceful and the views from the two story windows was breathtaking. I loved the extra wide hallways and having Costal Kitchen so close was really nice. Our daughter loved having her own bathroom and she said the couch was very comfortable. The balcony was definitely large enough for the three of us. On the Oasis class we have stayed in the Aqua Theater Suite (both the 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom), Grand Suite, and now the Crown Loft Suite. I don’t think we will leave the 17th floor again.

Our family is the same. CL on deck 17 is our preferred room type, the views from the 2 story windows are awesome. With the quiet halls and being so close to SL and CK a great bonus. Bad or good thing is we stroll through windjammer, since it is so close, in the evening for desserts and to see if there is anything interesting to eat.

We just have one 12yr son so it is no problem with him sleeping in the living room. He also says the couch is very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Thanks for making me question myself again! CL 1708 is available and looks really nice but my RFS on deck 10 looks a little better. With the new cabin and suite categories coming out in late April, the RFS is considered a higher level than the CL but it’s all personal preference. Such problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey, curiosity. we're sailing in July on Allure, my wife and 3 boys (17, 15, 10). What's the cost of the RFS? I can't seem to find any average numbers other than the first two customers are some set price, and each customer after that is a discounted price. We've already got two balcony suites booked, but was curious if the price is similar or dramatically different?

• 2 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but maybe somebody will see. :)

We really want to do the Crown Loft Suite for the experience. My concern is we have two teenagers (1 boy and 1 girl) who would never want to share the double sofa bed. Are there any options of splitting the sofa bed into two twins, or bringing in a bed? We had a sofa bed in a regular balcony cabin previously and he was able to make it into two twins, but I am not sure if the sofa bed in the CLS would be the same.

Thanks!

We were on the Allure in April with our 2 teenage daughters and had two Junior Suite adjoining rooms. It was awesome! Two bathrooms - balcony divider opened - the girls bed were separated - two walk-in closets - and enjoyed dinner in CK. We were on deck 8 which was very convenient for access to Central Park for breakfast. Great location!

I know mom and dad are paying for the cruise and therefore should have the better accommodations (and a little privacy) but have you considered putting the kids in the bedroom “upstairs” where the beds can be separated and having mom and dad take the couch (which cannot be separated, as I recall)?