Souljourner

St. Lucia Mud Baths - What to Wear?

Okay... in spite of my nose telling me NOT to dip into sulfur smelling mud - I'm going to do it!

Questions for those of you who have been there before:

* Easy enough to wash off the mud, and the smell, afterwards?

* Would you wear a bathing suit or shirt and shorts? (I'm a woman!)

*If bathing suit - would you suggest bringing a suit I don't care about? In other words, will it get ruined?

Packing for a trip leaving TOMORROW! Last minute questions as I'm deciding what to pack.

Thanks!

Just got back. Wear a bathing suit. Mine did not get ruined at all. You can rinse off there, and we did, but our next stop was the waterfall, so we all thoroughly rinsed off when we got to the waterfall. Definitely smells, but once you rinse off, you don't notice it anymore. Don't know if that's because you no longer smell or you're just used to the smell??:'):')

Washes off pretty well, especially if you're off to a waterfall or the beach stop afterwards. I'd wear s dark colored suit as it can stain a bit, leave whites or very light colors more yellowish.

Leaves skin feeling great afterwards, well worth it.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much for those responses. I packed a dark older bathing suit, and I am looking forward to the experience. My husband is not! :-)

Got back from my cruise and the mudbath on St. Lucia was the hit of my trip! So glad you all encouraged me to go. I would recommend the experience highly, and had a particularly great experience with Spencer Ambrose tours. The entire day was magical!

Wear a bathing suit you don't mind getting ruined. Ours did wash off but they weren't the same, but I wore one I wasn't bothered about. Also a things up for Spencer, Fab tour

Wear a bathing suit you don't mind getting ruined. Ours did wash off but they weren't the same...

^This, exactly. DH did this some years ago (he was actually raised in St. Lucia and was back visiting a sick family member) and we were both surprised by how much the smell penetrated his swim trunks. YUK. Had to throw them out.