Chicken Fried Steak with Country Gravy on HAL?

Kingofcool1947

Have you met MarkeyMarkNYC? roflmao Except you have a better sense of humor. :D I wonder if that's because you liked Ebinger's Black Out Cake

Be still my ❤️!!!

Though I could settle for crumb cake. If you really want to hurt me, make it Junior's cheese cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe you may have missed their point. While Heinz may "call" it gravy, those in the south that make their own know that it ain't real gravy. Well maybe to people in CA it is. hahahaha

Oh and Italians call what many refer to as pasta sauce ...wait for it...gravy. And you'll never find that in a jar either.

You're right and it is probably not as good as your Mama made it, but it is definitely REAL. We know cause we gave the leftover gravy at Thanksgiving to our Akitas and they passed gas all night long. Let me tell you that was REAL.

You're right and it is probably not as good as your Mama made it, but it is definitely REAL. We know cause we gave the leftover gravy at Thanksgiving to our Akitas and they passed gas all night long. Let me tell you that was REAL.

Is that what you refer to as Karma? ;p I can't get my DW to stop giving our little family member people food either.

Seems like a generalization there...and a somewhat unkind statement IMO.:confused:
I think it fits in just fine with all of the mudslinging that's going on in this thread. Is it a generalization and not very nice? Yes, but so are all of the other negative comments on this thread. If the posters from the South want to poke fun at the Californians, then they can't get mad when the Californians poke back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Edited by BBQ Lover

I think it fits in just fine with all of the mudslinging that's going on in this thread. Is it a generalization and not very nice? Yes, but so are all of the other negative comments on this thread. If the posters from the South want to poke fun at the Californians, then they can't get mad when the Californians poke back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk[/quote

I have NEVER made fun of Californians, nor would I ever. Have visited there many times found the folks out there very friendly and welcoming. I also would not make fun of ANYONE from ANYWHERE. It is just unkind, and there is already too much unkindness in the world today. We all need more patience and understanding of others IMO.

I have NEVER made fun of Californians, nor would I ever. Have visited there many times found the folks out there very friendly and welcoming. I also would not make fun of ANYONE from ANYWHERE. It is just unkind, and there is already too much unkindness in the world today. We all need more patience and understanding of others IMO.

Nobody here has claimed that you personally have ever made any disparaging remarks towards anybody from anywhere. Anybody reading this thread would have to admit that there has been a definite lack of southern hospitality shown towards Californians. My comments were in response to these negative comments on Californians and to show that remarks concerning unflattering stereotypes can go both ways. Don't get all bent out of shape Linda, it was just a joke.

.it's all in fun. Omg it's a thread about chicken fried steak and walmart. How serious can you get once the topic was covered?

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

In gravy. :d

lol

Edited by *Miss G*
Found out the laughing smiley is actually a crying smiley

.It's all in fun. OMG it's a thread about chicken fried steak and Walmart. How serious can you get once the topic was covered?

Wait for it....

wait for it....

in gravy. :D

(guacamole not included)

I'm actually one of the few Californians that don't like guacamole. We have a support group. We meet on Taco Tuesdays.

Nobody here has claimed that you personally have ever made any disparaging remarks towards anybody from anywhere. Anybody reading this thread would have to admit that there has been a definite lack of southern hospitality shown towards Californians. My comments were in response to these negative comments on Californians and to show that remarks concerning unflattering stereotypes can go both ways. Don't get all bent out of shape Linda, it was just a joke.

It's all okay no worries my friend!

Wanted you to know I personally never sent bad comments your way!:)

It's all okay no worries my friend!

Wanted you to know I personally never sent bad comments your way!:)

Don't worry. We Californians are a sturdy bunch. And, if anyone ever disparages our state (even the southern part[emoji41]) in a significant way, we'll just raise their dairy [emoji202] [emoji202] [emoji202] and produce [emoji524][emoji534]🥑 prices. AND "no movies for you!"

I'm actually one of the few Californians that don't like guacamole. We have a support group. We meet on Taco Tuesdays.

I believe eating avocados is a waste of stomach space.

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Be still my ❤️!!!

Though I could settle for crumb cake. If you really want to hurt me, make it Junior's cheese cake.

You know, I think you two have a lot in common, being that you both come from Brooklyn. Flatbush, why don't you PM Chucktown and invite him to join you next time you do one of those special Oceania theme cruises out of the Bay Area?

As David Hasselhoff would say "Welcome to Funner California"

You know, I think you two have a lot in common, being that you both come from Brooklyn. Flatbush, why don't you PM Chucktown and invite him to join you next time you do one of those special Oceania theme cruises out of the Bay Area?

As David Hasselhoff would say "Welcome to Funner California"

Chucktown is always welcome in SF (49 sq mi. surrounded by reality) particularly when the Buena Vista bar has its occasional "New York City Street Games Festival" (box ball, potsy, stoop ball, stick ball [complete with Spaulding pinkies and broom handles]).

Be still my ❤️!!!

You can get Junior's Cheesecake in Boca Raton, FL if you're in the 'hood. The restaurant is a very good approximation of the one across the street from the Marriott Marquis. (Only without the pollution and general "Times Square Ambiance.")

You can get Junior's Cheesecake in Boca Raton, FL if you're in the 'hood. The restaurant is a very good approximation of the one across the street from the Marriott Marquis. (Only without the pollution and general "Times Square Ambiance.")

But, like Disney World compared to Disneyland, just wannabes. Need the real Junior's in Brooklyn.

As for Times Square ambiance, I must admit that I actually like Carmine's near Shubert Alley. Only downside is you need 4-6 people to deal with the portion sizes.

But, like Disney World compared to Disneyland, just wannabes. Need the real Junior's in Brooklyn.

As for Times Square ambiance, I must admit that I actually like Carmine's near Shubert Alley. Only downside is you need 4-6 people to deal with the portion sizes.

It's legit. Really.