5 People In Inside Cabin On Sunshine

natlteam10

I've been in an inside of 4 kids & been fine.

I've twice been in an inside of 1 adult, 2 kids. Squishy, but fine.

Inside with 2 adults, 2 kids... VERY squishy.

If you can afford a second room, do it. You'll be much more comfortable. If you cant afford it... make do with what you have. You'reon a cruise! I wouldn't have cancelled my super squishy cruise looking back. We still had a blast.

Unless it's a family cabin I don't think you're going to be able to book five in a cabin. I would say put the kids, or at least the oldest, in another cabin.

If you have that many in an inside cabin it will be VERY tight. You can go to the spa, gym and use the showers to lessen the load on the cabin's bathroom when getting ready or returning from shore.

Good luck in booking and I do hope you have a great cruise.

Take care,

Mike

We are a family of 5: Husband, Wife & 3 daughters: 18,13,5. Have you ever had 5 in an inside cabin before? I know there’s not much room in the inside cabins, but it is about $700 cheaper than getting 2 inside cabins or 1 ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does 1 cabin with 5 people inside it become necessary to book 3 cabins if you don't do the inside cabin with all 5? It would only be 2 cabins, wouldn't it? Mom/Dad & 5 y.o. in 1 cabin, 18 & 13 y.o. in 2nd cabin. I understand it's more expensive, I'm just outlining how 2 cabins fit 5 people.

I didn’t realize you could have 5 people in an inside cabin. I don’t think that is allowed. There isn’t a bed for the fifth person.

Unless it's a family cabin I don't think you're going to be able to book five in a cabin. I would say put the kids, or at least the oldest, in another cabin.

If you have that many in an inside cabin it will be VERY tight. You can go to the spa, gym and use the showers to lessen the load on the cabin's bathroom when getting ready or returning from shore.

Good luck in booking and I do hope you have a great cruise.

Take care,

Mike

Yep it is allowed. Two twins, two uppers, and a trundle bed. Many of the CCL ships offer it.. even on the inside cabins.

I put 3 adult kids in an inside cabin once - 21, 21 and 18. After about 4 days it became so intolerable that the 18 year old moved to the sofa bed in our balcony cabin across the hall. It was so crowded, I don't know how they managed that long. I would never do more than 2 adults and maybe a much younger child.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are a family of 5: Husband, Wife & 3 daughters: 18,13,5. Have you ever had 5 in an inside cabin before? I know there’s not much room in the inside cabins, but it is about $700 cheaper than getting 2 inside cabins or 1 ocean view.

Depends completely on your family's tolerance for closeness and their sleep patterns. If you are accustomed to fitting into a tiny tent or camper on your other travels, then this will be fine. One thing to keep in mind is that there is often a top berth over the parent's main bed that is low enough to cause some grumbling - head bumping, unable to sit up completely. Since you as the parents are presumably paying, it's up to what you are comfortable with.

Yep it is allowed. Two twins, two uppers, and a trundle bed. Many of the CCL ships offer it.. even on the inside cabins.

For the record, only cabins on certain ships that are approved to have 5 people. As example if a room shows 4 person capacity, you will not be able to add the 5th person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are a family of 5: Husband, Wife & 3 daughters: 18,13,5.

OK....five in cabin...five beds, maybe. Two teen girls, one bathroom...potential kerfuffle.....5 in cabin...one toilet....impossible. Good luck and enjoy your cruise. I'm sure your cabin will have tales to tell...vbg.

I can’t imagine doing that. Even if you could tolerate the sleeping arrangements, where would you put all of the suitcases and clothes? And five people using one tiny bathroom as you are all trying to get ready for dinner? Disaster! Get two adjoining cabins and enjoy your vacation.

$700 is worth peace of mind. One of my life mottos is make the decisions in life that limit regret the most. You are much more likely to regret being cramped and miserable than you are going to regret spending $700 extra. It's very unlikely that many people (esp 4 adults) remember the trip favorably stacked against those odds. I agree, get adjoining cabins, enjoy your cruise, and don't look back :)

I've done 5 in an inside cabin (3 adults, 2 small kids). Its the same as a quad room with the two Pullmans down, a king bed and a trundle under one of the Pullmans. We booked near the SPA and used the bathrooms/showers there. We had not anticipated putting all 5 of us in a cabin, but the 1 adult was a last minute addition.

We do an inside with 4 (2 adults, 2 kids - 12 and 9) every time and it's no issue. The cabins are 185 sq ft and the 2 uppers take up none of that square footage. We leave the two uppers open all of the time so our kids are never taking up any floor space, so from that perspective it's the same as having just 2 of us there.

Now we haven't done 5, so there is the trundle to consider. Assuming it stores out of the way during the day, then it's still no issue and the only real consideration is the floor space at night when the trundle is in use.

The bigger issue than the cabin space, though, could be the bathroom situation. Wife and 3 girls = 4 females sharing one bathroom, including an 18 year old and 13 year old. I can't speak to that, but if that's manageable, then the cabin space itself is certainly doable.

I think many posters don't realize just how inexpensive passengers beyond the first 2 in the cabin can be on Carnival. We've paid as little as $109 for a 4th in a room. Given that my kids eat lobster, filet and all of the more expensive foods, it is quite possible that Carnival has lost money on my kids on some of our cruises. The OP's $700 difference is nothing to sneeze at - I'd certainly consider doing it for those savings.

I guess most people on these boards are Americans. Chinese, Japanese and Indian are probably laughing at how pathetic some people seem to be posting about how this would be intolerable and cramped! This might be why most of the world hates Americans.

I think you would be just fine with 5 in a room. Of course it depends on your family, but there are other bathrooms on the ship that you can use if needed. Maybe some of these other posters just hang out in their room the entire cruise, but if you're mostly out and about enjoying the cruise, you will be fine with 5 in one cabin.

I can’t imagine doing that. Even if you could tolerate the sleeping arrangements, where would you put all of the suitcases and clothes? And five people using one tiny bathroom as you are all trying to get ready for dinner? Disaster! Get two adjoining cabins and enjoy your vacation.

I agree.. there is no way I could even do three in a standard cabin. Two is my max, and half the time I want to kick my partner out as well. LOL

I guess most people on these boards are Americans. Chinese, Japanese and Indian are probably laughing at how pathetic some people seem to be posting about how this would be intolerable and cramped! This might be why most of the world hates Americans.

I think you would be just fine with 5 in a room. Of course it depends on your family, but there are other bathrooms on the ship that you can use if needed. Maybe some of these other posters just hang out in their room the entire cruise, but if you're mostly out and about enjoying the cruise, you will be fine with 5 in one cabin.

hashtag bitter much?

Wow! Incredibly rude and bigoted post. You should be ashamed of yourself.