Passengers killed in bus accident

Jdfireman

Was it a ship organised tour or a private one? Confused as 2 different ships involved.

Thoughts and prayers for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that it was a ship's excursion. It is not unusual in Mexico for 2 ships to share the same tour. It happened to us several years ago in Puerto Vallarta. There was 9 of us from HAL and we were put on the same bus as an RCI group -- headed to Neuvo Vallarta.

I heard that it was a ship's excursion. It is not unusual in Mexico for 2 ships to share the same tour. It happened to us several years ago in Puerto Vallarta. There was 9 of us from HAL and we were put on the same bus as an RCI group -- headed to Neuvo Vallarta.

Yes, this happens. We were on NCL and shared boat with Princess ship also at the same dock.

So sorry for all involved. We have been on this tour.

Just read a report on the Celebrity boards stating that the driver fled the scene after the accident. I can't even imagine what type of human you would have to be to abandon all those people in that situation, if true.
A Costa Captain......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On the Celebrity board it is being said that all the deaths were on Royal. Just passing on info — time will tell if it is true.

I'm on Serenade and our Capt said all deaths were on Celebrity. Serenade has 4 passengers that were on bus and they were injured. We sailing late tonite. That's what we been told so far...

I'm on Serenade and our Capt said all deaths were on Celebrity. Serenade has 4 passengers that were on bus and they were injured. We sailing late tonite. That's what we been told so far...

Thanks for letting us know what you know! My thoughts and prayers are with family and friends :(

Two of our dear, dear friends are also on that cruise and we are very, very worried. The last communication (e-mail) we had with them was a day or so ago but nothing since which is very unusual for them.

We met on a cruise about 20 years ago and we quickly developed a friendship over the last two decades. We visit one another and cruise together many a time since.

We are praying, waiting and hoping for the best.

What a sad situation. My heart goes out to their families. Just goes to show that just because you're on a ship's tour doesn't mean you're safe. Traffic accidents can happen anywhere, for a multitude of reasons.

I wonder if we'll ever hear exactly what happened to the bus - probably only if any of the surviving passengers are on Cruise Critic. Otherwise it will just be hearsay, and you know how rumors spread, and change with each telling of the story.

Passengers from Celebrity and Royal. Was a ship sponsored tour.... Not that I'd have been on same bus but I was going do this tour today. But finishing B2B2B and getting off this Friday decided to lay of balcony and chat online with Grand kids. So sad for my fellow passengers...

I was also on the Serenade for the last sailing. So sad for all concerned. Heartbreaking situation.