Live from Constellation

excitedofharpenden

Arrived in Abu Dhabi early this morning on a BA flight from Heathrow for a trip to Oman, India and back to Dubai for NYE.

I know a lot is written here about the suite life and Luminae. I’m in a lowly inside on deck 2. For those with a planned cruise on Celebrity I can only give you my feedback on the MDR and for those dining there I’m sure you’ll be fine. Along with two friends we had a delightful meal tonight. Tasty and not too filling with really great service from our waiter, his assistant and the sommelier. We are in Select and will attempt for the same wait team on other nights. We plan a couple of trips to the Specialties and will try the Indian buffet for sure.

Don’t worry if you aren’t in a suite. There is indeed life on the other side! Lol

Phil

Hi Phil, we’ve just booked Connie for Singapore to Abu Dhabi in Feb 2019, so glad to hear any feedback. What are the speciality restaurants on Board ? We weren’t impressed with Tuscan on Infinity this year but loved Qsine. Also if Alexandra is the CC hostess say a big Hallo from David and I. We had a ball with her for the Rio and Chile cruises on Infinity early this year and she left for Connie after that.

Enjoy your cruise, and Merry Xmas Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in Select and will attempt for the same wait team on other nights.

Apart from our first night we were put with the same waitstaff for all nights on our Eclipse cruise in 2015. It certainly made life easy, as I am dairy intolerant and didn’t have to explain every night!

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Hey, you're not far from us in the UK and we're doing our first trip on Constellation next summer so I am very interested to hear any further live updates you are willing to post.

We too will be doing select dining in the MDR. I've read lots of conflicting information about wait times so would be interested to hear about whether you have to wait long for a table at different times in the evening. Have they moved select to downstairs now or is it still upstairs? Did you get a drinks package and how does that work with wine with your dinner? Is it true that it's difficult to attract the attention of the wine waiters for a second glass?

Ignore me if that's too many questions! You're there to enjoy yourself not answer random questions from over-anxious Herts folk.

Hi Phil, we’ve just booked Connie for Singapore to Abu Dhabi in Feb 2019, so glad to hear any feedback. What are the speciality restaurants on Board ? We weren’t impressed with Tuscan on Infinity this year but loved Qsine. Also if Alexandra is the CC hostess say a big Hallo from David and I. We had a ball with her for the Rio and Chile cruises on Infinity early this year and she left for Connie after that.

Hey Wendy! There is Tuscan, QSine and Sushi on 5. Haven't been to any yet. This is a nice new spot since I was last here. 5a8bda5e25486d3702cb6417d859aea4.jpg

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. xxx

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, you're not far from us in the UK and we're doing our first trip on Constellation next summer so I am very interested to hear any further live updates you are willing to post.

We too will be doing select dining in the MDR. I've read lots of conflicting information about wait times so would be interested to hear about whether you have to wait long for a table at different times in the evening. Have they moved select to downstairs now or is it still upstairs? Did you get a drinks package and how does that work with wine with your dinner? Is it true that it's difficult to attract the attention of the wine waiters for a second glass?

Ignore me if that's too many questions! You're there to enjoy yourself not answer random questions from over-anxious Herts folk.

Difficult to comment as only first night, but we had no issues with waiting. Our sommelier is great. For sure let him or her know you exist first night maybe with a friendly comment early on. Don't be afraid to speak to your waiter either of you need attention. A lot of people don't drink wine or maybe only one. I have the Premium package and had a nice Pinot Noir last night. I'm told there will be more choice tonight. Select is on the lower floor.

Phil

Arrived in Abu Dhabi early this morning on a BA flight from Heathrow for a trip to Oman, India and back to Dubai for NYE.

I know a lot is written here about the suite life and Luminae. I’m in a lowly inside on deck 2. For those with a planned cruise on Celebrity I can only give you my feedback on the MDR and for those dining there I’m sure you’ll be fine. Along with two friends we had a delightful meal tonight. Tasty and not too filling with really great service from our waiter, his assistant and the sommelier. We are in Select and will attempt for the same wait team on other nights. We plan a couple of trips to the Specialties and will try the Indian buffet for sure.

Don’t worry if you aren’t in a suite. There is indeed life on the other side! Lol

Phil

Have a wonderful cruise Phil. And a great XMAS!

We were on the Constellation two weeks ago and had a Gteed A2 cabin on Deck 9 I suggest anyone considering this deck and cabin type be careful as all the Pool filtration plant sits in the Centre of the middle section. If you have a cabin at either end of the mid section it can be like being in a washing machine. We were lucky we were in the middle where its OK. The port side seems to be the worst. We noticed this when we were on the ship 3 years ago. Like all this class there is an overhang on this deck and there is plenty of noise from the loungers being moved around

It seems they have spent all the refit money on retail areas and little on the cabins. Over the last few years they have packed in extra cabins and reduced passenger space, so when we were on a sunny sea day ,in calm waters the decks were packed with no lounger space and the cafe was bombed out between 12 noon and 2 pm

Not sure why they put in Sushi on 5 - and kicked out Murano / Ocean Liners - never saw anyone in it

Tuscan Grill was on a permanent discount.

Qsine - I am not sure if they change the menu, but I see that the chocolate tombstone is still there from 7 years ago. That seemed to be on discount as well.

The food in Blu seemed to deteriorate. Fruit on the ship is melon, melon and more melon. Never had stick toffee pudding prepared cold before.

However all credit to the Staff who did a fantastic job . Our cabin steward kept the place spotless and the waiters and MD went that extra mile.

Phil

The evening dinner buffet in Oceanview is only mentioned in small print at the listings on the back of the daily...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Tuscan has been stuffed into the goldfish bowl on deck 11 midships and is also used for the Elite breakfast, Qsine moved downstairs to the rear part of the former Oceanliners on deck 3, that room has been divided and some additional cabins fitted in the old frontal area, with the result that Qsine is accessed via a tortuous route past the newish cabins previously made from some of the meeting rooms.

The CC host is Rose Mathurine.

Hey Wendy! There is Tuscan, QSine and Sushi on 5. Haven't been to any yet. This is a nice new spot since I was last here. 5a8bda5e25486d3702cb6417d859aea4.jpg

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. xxx

Phil

Nice spot but unfortunately only accommodates around 50 pax due to the large furniture, so few will get to enjoy it.

Harz99, interesting about the position of Tuscan and Qsine as on Infinity it was the complete opposite and we loved dinner in Qsine with the sea views and sunsets. Oh well, just shows things are always different including same class ships!

Phil, yes that area for the movies is great, especially if you get a good.movie. Was very busy and full most sea days for our cruise so didn’t get to enjoy it.

BTW re your posts to the roll call about the deck I am on, I'm very happy with deck 2. It's really quiet. Also the med centre isn't on deck 2. It's on deck 1.

Phil

You're not wrong about the med centre, as I found out when we got on board at one of our port calls, I must be thinking of a different ship probably RCLs Radiance class, can only plead a senior moment...

Nice spot but unfortunately only accommodates around 50 pax due to the large furniture, so few will get to enjoy it.

I’m sure that is an advantage, rather than everyone being forced to watch the movies on the poolside big screens on other ships ( with accompanying sound)....only those who wish to sit in comfort to watch the movie will move to this secluded space.

Thanks for a great start to your review Phil.....vicariously following along and enjoying the shots of sunshine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t share that view, sorry to me 50 is a great number and large furniture is something lacking elsewhere onboard. I find it much much re comfortable than deck chairs or loungers.

So far so good. This is a very friendly ship, both crew and guests. There are a lot of Brits, some Aussies and Americans too and quite a few other nationalities.

Food again was really good last night in the MDR. We arrived a little later and had to wait maybe 15 minutes, but we were sat at the same table with wait staff. Sommelier was very attentive. We are going to eat in Tuscan on Christmas Day. On the subject of Tuscan we have been very impressed with the service at the Elite Breakfast.

There is a note in the cabin to ask for a kettle and condiments if you would like them. Probably a reflection of the number of UK guests and the fact that Connie was there this season.

So I can't really think of any negatives at the moment. This ship is now 15 years old, but you'd never know it. Now I realise how small the standard bathrooms are on Azamara. I miss the smaller ship, but really not too much. I booked LA roundtrip to Hawaii in October 2019 today on Eclipse. Wonder if they'll still have the kettles onboard that ship then. Lol

If anyone has a question I'll try to find out.

Phil