Cruise Critic Community
abbydancer

Move over offer - a cautionary tale

FYI- On our recent cruise on Pacific Princess we were told they are no longer placing the welcome back cards and stickers in the cabins. If you want them you need to visit the Captains Circle desk and request one.

Good. I don't know anyone who collects them, and it is just one more piece of junk for me to throw away.

Along with label pins and similar stuff.

i never understood the airline thing either. dont most people have non refundable fares and if you dont show up they keep your money

but regarding the ship, once you get past final doesnt princess keep your money if you cancel?

They don't keep all of it after final until it gets close to the sail date. It starts with just losing your deposit and gets more prohibitive the closer it gets to sail date.

Lots of people have last minute things come up that make them unable to go. I had one friend who was in fantastic shape (walked 5 miles a day and only in her early 50's) and she had multiple pulmonary embolisms. Had to cancel a 45 day cruise 3 days before the ship left. There's a myriad of reasons people cancel at the last minute. Money isn't everything - usually health and safety trump money. ;)