Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Andy Geller

I'm Sailing on Crystal Serenity !

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share the exciting news, that we will be sailing on the beautiful Crystal Serenity tomorrow (12/21/17), from Port Everglades. We are super excited about sailing on Serenity once again.

At this moment, I'm unsure how extensively I will be posting from the ship, but will make every effort to share occasional updates and photos.

If you have any questions about Crystal Serenity, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to obtain answers. Of course, I will continue to monitor the forum while onboard Serenity.

For our dear Cruise Critic friends on this sailing - if you would like to meet, please email me at the address in my signature. It's always a pleasure meeting our Guests, and I'd love to connect onboard.

Thanks very much, and Happy Holidays !

Andy, enjoy the cruise.

I remember your first Crystal sailing was around this time last year.

Bon Voyage.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Andy, sorry that you will be getting off as I get on but have a wonderful cruise.

Roy

Have a wonderful trip, Andy! We just saw the Serenity in St. Kitts about 2 weeks ago.

Here is a question: My husband and I much prefer The Bistro to the Lido for breakfast. After our last cruise, we suggested that The Bistro open earlier in the morning to accommodate passengers on early morning shore excursions. The upcoming World Cruise has many early morning departures for major shore excursions. Could you please ask the person in charge of the restaurants if there are any plans to open The Bistro earlier than 9:00 a.m.? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Safe travels Andy! We are getting off as you get on. We met you and your delightful mother on the holiday cruise last year. In the words of your mom when I inquired as to how she was enjoying her cruise "What is there not to like".

Have a wonderful trip, Andy! We just saw the Serenity in St. Kitts about 2 weeks ago.

Here is a question: My husband and I much prefer The Bistro to the Lido for breakfast. After our last cruise, we suggested that The Bistro open earlier in the morning to accommodate passengers on early morning shore excursions. The upcoming World Cruise has many early morning departures for major shore excursions. Could you please ask the person in charge of the restaurants if there are any plans to open The Bistro earlier than 9:00 a.m.? Thanks so much!

As I recall, the Bistro opens around 6:30 every morning for coffee service (including speciality coffees). There are also a few pastries available. But there is no table service, etc. During my most recent cruise they had a thermos with regular coffee that one could use for a quick cup of Joe -- not having to wait for the person behind the counter to prepare special coffees for others in line.

As I recall, the Bistro opens around 6:30 every morning for coffee service (including speciality coffees). There are also a few pastries available. But there is no table service, etc. During my most recent cruise they had a thermos with regular coffee that one could use for a quick cup of Joe -- not having to wait for the person behind the counter to prepare special coffees for others in line.

This is correct.

Nancy

Safe travels Andy! We are getting off as you get on. We met you and your delightful mother on the holiday cruise last year. In the words of your mom when I inquired as to how she was enjoying her cruise "What is there not to like".

Thank You Cancun01 for your very kind comments - especially about my Mom. That sounds exactly like something she would say ! It's truly Amazing that for a woman in her 90's (she'd kill me if she knew I just shared that tidbit on Cruise Critic ! :)), Mom loves cruising every bit as much now, as on her first cruise ages ago. As we embark on each cruise together, we create new and special ways to enjoy each voyage to the max, while making new friends via Officers, Crew, other Guests, and especially - our dear Cruise Critic community. Then again, sailing with Crystal makes it quite easy to create special moments.

It's been a beautiful life adventure and we make it our goal to cherish every moment.

Hello Ilovhywd,

Thank you for your very kind comments. I believe your question may have been answered - but I will gladly share your comments with our Dining team. Should there be any further information pertaining to the upcoming World Cruise, I will reply on this thread.

Happy Holidays !

Andy, enjoy the cruise.

I remember your first Crystal sailing was around this time last year.

Bon Voyage.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Thank You very much Keith. Happy Holidays !

Enjoy every moment, Andy!

Ricki

Thank You Ricki - We certainly plan to do just that ! :) Happy Holidays !

Andy, sorry that you will be getting off as I get on but have a wonderful cruise.

Roy

Thank You very much Roy. It would have been wonderful to see you. Hopefully, next year. Please continue to enjoy your Serenity voyage, and Happy Holidays !

Hi Andy,

I missed the opportunity to wish you and your mom a bon voyage (I was on our "other" favorite C-ruise line and I was juggling too many things to spend time on Cruise Critic).

I hope you're having a peaceful cruise with all kinds of enjoyment around the ship.

--Muriel

Hi Andy,

I missed the opportunity to wish you and your mom a bon voyage (I was on our "other" favorite C-ruise line and I was juggling too many things to spend time on Cruise Critic).

I hope you're having a peaceful cruise with all kinds of enjoyment around the ship.

--Muriel

Hi Muriel,

We are having a great time. Serenity looks as beautiful as ever, especially with the awesome holiday decorations. Dining everywhere on the ship is outstanding. We are especially enjoying the Crystal dining room. The beef & seafood dishes have been wonderful, and, our waiter and assistant are top notch. We dined at Prego tonight, and it was another fantastic experience. The Mushroom soup is incredible ! . My Mom had the rack of lamb, and it was so tasty. Everyone has been so nice to us, and I cant say enough positives about the crew. We fell in love with them last year, and they are every bit as great or better this year.

I've posted some photos on Twitter (@HostAndy), and will try to post them on here when time permits, or when I return home. Thank you, and Happy Holidays !

Andy glad to hear that you and your Mom are having a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing more when time permits. In the meantime I will check out twitter in a few minutes.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Andy - happy to post pictures for you if you email them to me - or do you want me to post those two you've posted on Twitter for you?

So what's news on-board? - anything interesting happening at all?

Has anyone noticed the Serenity webcam this morning? Unless I’ve gone totally crazy.....the view from the port cam is actually the starboard side & vice versa. Not that I expect Andy to troubleshoot this issue on his vacation. But this doesn’t warrant a new thread. Continue to enjoy these priceless memories with your mom.

Has anyone noticed the Serenity webcam this morning? Unless I’ve gone totally crazy.....the view from the port cam is actually the starboard side & vice versa. Not that I expect Andy to troubleshoot this issue on his vacation. But this doesn’t warrant a new thread. Continue to enjoy these priceless memories with your mom.

Hi Becky,

I asked someone on the ship about it, and they offered to hang me off each side of the ship, to swap the webcams :D (just kidding of course !)

Please don't worry about my being on vacation. I'm here to help, and have shared your comments with our IT team.

Hi Becky,

I asked someone on the ship about it, and they offered to hang me off each side of the ship, to swap the webcams :D (just kidding of course !)

Please don't worry about my being on vacation. I'm here to help, and have shared your comments with our IT team.

Yes...I noticed that too....

Belated Happy Holidays to you and your family, Andy....and enjoy the rest of the cruise!:)

Hi Becky,

Bingo! This is one of my favorite posts, Andy.

I must confess I am one of the spoiled Crystal cruisers who gets pouty when the webcam isn't working right.

Keep enjoying. If a Canadian with a British accent says hi to you, she's my friend, and I told her to look for you and say hi. :cool:

When you are right side up again: The Serenity live view - page down there is still the NWP location tracking. Really not needed any more. However, I think it would be great to put a tracker for current cruises below each live view. Once a cruise has started it is hard / impossible to find where it has been and where it is going. For each live view it would be great to see the actual cruise locations.

When you are right side up again: The Serenity live view - page down there is still the NWP location tracking. Really not needed any more. However, I think it would be great to put a tracker for current cruises below each live view. Once a cruise has started it is hard / impossible to find where it has been and where it is going. For each live view it would be great to see the actual cruise locations.

Hi Ctjon,

I'm pleased to report that I'm upright and all is well - especially considering it's New Year's :)

FWIW, some time ago, I shared the suggestion about removing the NWP tracker, and adding a live tracker for each ship/voyage. I believe this would be an excellent addition to the webcam pages, and will be happy to lead the charge, and try again.

Thanks again for your insights, and Happy New Year !

You may have been upright last night, but this afternoon, not too easy to stand upright. Cap'n reported 15 ft seas for this afternoon. We are sure having a (apologies for stealing a phrase from Dick Clark) New Year's Rock n Roll afternoon.

On this cruise, but haven't really posted much (maybe 1 post?). Too busy enjoying the wonderful service & the ship!

However, I do have one major question: Why the heck are kids as young as 10 or 11, maybe even younger, allowed in the bars well after midnight? Last night, after the GREAT NYE celebration, we wanted to continue, so went to the Avenue & Disco, but it was swarming with little ones. Even the cigar bar had young teens in it.

THat has been the one negative on this cruise. Kids are fine, but NOT when they are out of control as many have been. PArents - pay attention! THe other night, at around 8 PM, there were two young girls sitting on the stairway at deck 11 in bathing suits. And often saw kids, clearly too young to drink, running the halls with drinks in their hands.

We, along with 20 other people, had to change cabins when we came on in FLL. Why? We started to unpack and heard lots of loud screaming & banging coming from the cabin next door. We asked a staff person about it, and she told us there was a 2 year old & a 4 year old in the cabin, as well as an infant and other little ones who were running from cabin to cabin all night as part of a multi-cabin group. It is a holiday cruise; I understand bringing kids. But they must behave, and on this particular sailing (as opposed to others we have been on), far too many are not behaving, running amok. We sure hope tihs is not the "new" Crystal, as we have several more cruises booked.

One last point: It seems every other woman we've met on this cruise is named JUDY! What's the deal with all the Judy's!?! :-)

However, I do have one major question: Why the heck are kids as young as 10 or 11, maybe even younger, allowed in the bars well after midnight? Last night, after the GREAT NYE celebration, we wanted to continue, so went to the Avenue & Disco, but it was swarming with little ones. Even the cigar bar had young teens in it.

THat has been the one negative on this cruise. Kids are fine, but NOT when they are out of control as many have been. PArents - pay attention! THe other night, at around 8 PM, there were two young girls sitting on the stairway at deck 11 in bathing suits. And often saw kids, clearly too young to drink, running the halls with drinks in their hands.

We, along with 20 other people, had to change cabins when we came on in FLL. Why? We started to unpack and heard lots of loud screaming & banging coming from the cabin next door. We asked a staff person about it, and she told us there was a 2 year old & a 4 year old in the cabin, as well as an infant and other little ones who were running from cabin to cabin all night as part of a multi-cabin group. It is a holiday cruise; I understand bringing kids. But they must behave, and on this particular sailing (as opposed to others we have been on), far too many are not behaving, running amok. We sure hope tihs is not the "new" Crystal, as we have several more cruises booked.

You (and I) will probably be flamed for being anti-children. Having been burned too many times -- not only on Crystal -- by children dominating the swimming pool, making noise, running around the dining room, etc., I simply gave up on summer or Xmas holiday cruising. That pretty much solved the problem. But with the growth of home schooling, for many children/parents the conventional holiday schedules are no longer applicable. And I have recently encountered more children during (conventional US) term time than I have expected. This hasn't driven me to Viking or some other child-free line yet, but I can understand the impulse.