Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Goofyfanatic

New Casino Royale Tier System

Recommended Posts

Ok, so when I called the Casino number, they had indicated that benefits such as free drinks should begin once I reach 2500 on my upcoming cruise. It sounds like your response indicates that may not be the case now. It's not a show stopper, as we're already in a Star loft from our upgraded free cabin that we paid for a GS GTY, so we really are happy with the benefit we received. We don't have the drink package, and this would have been a great bonus. I will call again, and also speak to the casino host when I arrive. From reading this thread, when people made 1000 in the prior program rules, they were immediately given a VIP sticker, but I guess if I make 2500 now under the new rules, it won't take effect until the next program period?

 

Thanks again for responding!

If you are in a star loft, don't you get a drink package as part of the benefits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ok...so I have a question.

 

I am a Prime Member....I did a back to back in January 2018.

 

We have a 9 day planned in December 2018 and we got our Free cruise in March 2019.

 

So what cruises will be used for my tier?

 

Your tier for April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020 will be from the points earned on the December 2018 and March 2019 cruise.

 

I wish they were counting from January 2018. I would have over 10,000 points from that time period.

 

 

 

They were originally saying that for the tier April 2019-March 2020 they were counting points from January 2018-March 2019. Now when you call they are saying it's from April 2019 not January 2019.

Edited by gaylemh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your tier for April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020 will be from the points earned on the December 2018 and March 2019 cruise.

 

I wish they were counting from January 2018. I would have over 10,000 points from that time period.

 

 

 

They were originally saying that for the tier April 2019-March 2020 they were counting points from January 2018-March 2019. Now when you call they are saying it's from April 2019 not January 2019.

 

Wow, great info. So between the 2 I have to get 2500 points to maintain Prime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you still use your D+ balcony discount if you are prime?

 

The only time you can't use it is on free cruises, even if you pay to upgrade. The casino has their own rates for free cruises and upgrades on free cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you are in a star loft, don't you get a drink package as part of the benefits?

 

My mistake, it's a sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BE AWARE ASIA CRUISES... you will retain your status but as for cruise certificates gained on points whilst playing... look at this pic for the RCI cruises in Asiafd960e6b31923425884024b1c0ceec44.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there -  am not sure if this question has already been asked so please forgive me if it has, but I do hope someone  here can help me with this question.  We were on a cruise last week and my husband won a lot, enough for the casino boss to insist on getting a W9 form from him.  Does anyone know what the casino staff does with his W9?  Will they submit or report to IRS?  We asked and was informed by the pit boss that they don't anything w/it but only to provide it upon demand if need be...is this true?  Has anyone won so much that you have to provide SSN and W9?

 

Thanks so much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sippin-time said:

Hello there -  am not sure if this question has already been asked so please forgive me if it has, but I do hope someone  here can help me with this question.  We were on a cruise last week and my husband won a lot, enough for the casino boss to insist on getting a W9 form from him.  Does anyone know what the casino staff does with his W9?  Will they submit or report to IRS?  We asked and was informed by the pit boss that they don't anything w/it but only to provide it upon demand if need be...is this true?  Has anyone won so much that you have to provide SSN and W9?

 

Thanks so much for your help.

Yes, you need to report your winning to IRS.  You can request a win/loss statement from Casino Royale after the first of the year, so you can deduct your losses.

You only need to win over $1200 to get a W9.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

Yes, you need to report your winning to IRS.  You can request a win/loss statement from Casino Royale after the first of the year, so you can deduct your losses.

You only need to win over $1200 to get a W9.

 

Thanks so much for your quick response! So the pit boss was not accurate?  He said they weren't going to do anything w/the W9 form and would only provide it "upon request" (not even sure what that means).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sippin-time said:

Thanks so much for your quick response! So the pit boss was not accurate?  He said they weren't going to do anything w/the W9 form and would only provide it "upon request" (not even sure what that means).  

It is certainly reported to the IRS as gambling income. You should have received IRS form W-2G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

You only need to win over $1200 to get a W9.

 

Just so it's clear to others that's not accumulative winnings. Only if you hit $1200 at one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Joelster123 said:

Do you get C & A Points for the free prime cruise? (I've paid extra to upgrade to a balcony)

 

Thanks

 You get c&a points for the free cruises sailed with the certs so I don’t see why the one yearly would be different. I didn’t take the free one this year as I was already overbooked. 

 

A bunch of of us fought last year to keep the double points for junior suites and won that battle. I can say I earned 6 points for a short 3 night in a junior that was an offer from the program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joelster123 said:

Thanks, hope so. I'm travelling solo, so the double points would be enough to get me my first crystal block.

I was told that we will get points.  I’m using my Signature Level free balcony cruise on Adventure in 9 days which we upgraded to a JS.  We’re (hopefully) going to receive our 3rd crystal block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

I was told that we will get points.  I’m using my Signature Level free balcony cruise on Adventure in 9 days which we upgraded to a JS.  We’re (hopefully) going to receive our 3rd crystal block.

 

We got points for our free Pinnacle cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We got points for our free Pinnacle cruise.

They told me the only way we could gets points was to upgrade for our free pinnacle cruise. For our prime cruises we got points no problem. But no holidays. and you can not use the balcony discount ( if you upgrade) on the free prime cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever you use the free cruise certificate, you can’t use any other discount. As noted above, their prices are way different than what you see posted on the website. On our upcoming Oasis Cruise, the JS is less than the casino fare before discount for our cabin. To upgrade from our OV Balcony to JS was close to $750.  No thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

They told me the only way we could gets points was to upgrade for our free pinnacle cruise. For our prime cruises we got points no problem. But no holidays. and you can not use the balcony discount ( if you upgrade) on the free prime cruise

 

Who is they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, PompeySailor said:

Got my email today.

 

Dear Graham

 

Thank you for your loyalty to Casino Royale for the past 18 years, we have enjoyed banking the large sums of money you have invested in our CASINO program.

 

As you know Royal Caribbean really does not care anymore about loyalty or the amount of money you have spent in numerous casinos on many of our fleets ships.

 

As a token of our gratitude for your loyalty, we are offering you one free drink, an exclusive OLD CR VIP cap and a collectors T-Shirt.

 

In addition to these wonderful benefits, you will receive a key chain and a $5 match play coupon that is only valid on single deck blackjack.

 

We have a cabin offer on deck 2 with bunk beds on Empress for a 3 night sailing to nowhere, unfortunately the casino will be closed on that sailing so no free drinks for you.

 

Your new tier based on the 7 figures you have spent in the casino over the past 18 years sees you at our entry level of SELECT.

We hope you enjoy the great benefits of our basic level which anyone who sets foot in the casino can reach.

 

Please pass on to your family and friends the good news on this great program which truly rewards loyalty.

 

We look forward to seeing you on your next cruise so we can personally thank you for your money and loyalty.

 

Casino Royale.

@Pompey Sailor, RCI Casino really ought to bring on as their Director of Marketing!  It took me 4 lines to realize this was a joke, because you are unfortunately not too far off!

 

I just got off a most frustrating half hour call with Casino Royale, and tried to impart some feedback on how completely unpalatable this new program is. 

 

If I am reading their announcement right, the Prime tier is for 2500-24999 "points" which translate into what?  $5000 - $50000 PER CRUISE in bets, which now have to be done within 12 mos or you revert back to ZERO?

 

That's nuts!  I don't even drink, so I don't care about the free beverages, but the Casino rates, and the waiver of the 5% "convenience" fee (which is anything BUT!) is really frying my shorts.  I just came off a Princess cruise and charged my requisite $3K to my seapass card while in the Casino, and  there is NO FEE to do this, nor is their one on HAL where I have often sailed (and gambled!).  It's really a shame that they have sunk to this level for "profit" when I believe the net effect will be to drive loyal customers elsewhere.

 

I asked for a Manager, and was told there was no one to be transferred to but that my feedback would be provided to one.  Anyone have any idea who we can take this to in order to get some traction on a review of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Who is they?

The person from C&A that I talked to when I made our free pinnacle cruise reservation. They were adamant that no points would be awarded unless we upgraded. Also the new certificates state lowest available balcony, not "any" available. They did not hold me to that one though. We booked a D1 then upgraded to a WS guarantee. Got 14 points for the 7 night cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rt1092 said:

The person from C&A that I talked to when I made our free pinnacle cruise reservation. They were adamant that no points would be awarded unless we upgraded. Also the new certificates state lowest available balcony, not "any" available. They did not hold me to that one though. We booked a D1 then upgraded to a WS guarantee. Got 14 points for the 7 night cruise. 

 

Sorry, I couldnt tell you what a D1 is.  Ours was a 2C, OV with large balcony.  It was on the hump.  I know it was not the lowest available. 

 

Web rate was 4 grand since it was in late June.

 

We got 7 points, only paid taxes and tips.  $422 total.

 

Taking the 2018 Prime cruise next week.  Inside cabin. Expect to get 7 points

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Sorry, I couldnt tell you what a D1 is.  Ours was a 2C, OV with large balcony.  It was on the hump.  I know it was not the lowest available. 

 

Web rate was 4 grand since it was in late June.

 

We got 7 points, only paid taxes and tips.  $422 total.

 

Taking the 2018 Prime cruise next week.  Inside cabin. Expect to get 7 points

You will get the points for the casino royale cruise. Last July when we took our C&A free cruise they told me to just pay tips and port charges. But no points unless we upgraded.

Edited by rt1092

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...