Panama Canal 28 Oct - 11 Nov 2017 (Gatun Lock Time Lapse)

WYTinman

I still haven't decided if I will do a review of our 28 Oct - 11 Nov 2017 Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal Cruise on the Island Princess. Mainly because I shot 1000's of photos and deciding which to post is daunting.

I will start with a Time Lapse of our Gatun Lock transit. I'm still processing the videos of Gatun Lake and the remaining locks.

This video is a little long at around 7 minutes, but I think it's watch worthy. This is also my first attempt using two cameras, so the transitions may not be the best.

Please leave comments of what you think of the video and if I should spend the time and effort to post more Photos and Videos.

PKo1mVbupeU

Thanks,

Mark

Well done Mark! We transited the canal in 2014 and I regret not having invested more time on video and TL. I took many still photos though. I guess I will just have to book another canal transit so I can video it!

What are you using for your TL, camera and software, wise? I've just been getting into it and playing with the capabilities of both LRTimelapse and PremierPro.

Very well done. Picture quality was excellent. One minor editing suggestion..... you might trim the front part down a bit. Really enjoyed it as we are doing a full transit in Jan (first time). Thanks for the effort you put into this.

Very well done. Picture quality was excellent. One minor editing suggestion..... you might trim the front part down a bit. Really enjoyed it as we are doing a full transit in Jan (first time). Thanks for the effort you put into this.

Thank you! I thought that as well, but I left it in for the sunrise.

Well done Mark! We transited the canal in 2014 and I regret not having invested more time on video and TL. I took many still photos though. I guess I will just have to book another canal transit so I can video it!

What are you using for your TL, camera and software, wise? I've just been getting into it and playing with the capabilities of both LRTimelapse and PremierPro.

Thank You!

I used a GoPro Hero 5 Black for the side shots and a Hero 5 session for the rear. Both set to T/L video mode. I varied the interval between 2 and 1 seconds between some of the battery changes.

I'm using Cyberlink PowerDirector as my video editing software. Video editing is still a new project for me.

I still haven't decided if I will do a review of our 28 Oct - 11 Nov 2017 Ocean to Ocean Panama Canal Cruise on the Island Princess. Mainly because I shot 1000's of photos and deciding which to post is daunting.

I will start with a Time Lapse of our Gatun Lock transit. I'm still processing the videos of Gatun Lake and the remaining locks.

This video is a little long at around 7 minutes, but I think it's watch worthy. This is also my first attempt using two cameras, so the transitions may not be the best.

Please leave comments of what you think of the video and if I should spend the time and effort to post more Photos and Videos.

PKo1mVbupeU

Thanks,

Mark

Very nice, however, you should have gotten a forward facing balcony ...

i-sKnBBxW-XL.jpg

i-KXfqK3X-XL.jpg

i-PTnDSXn-L.jpg

i-sdnz34L-XL.jpg

This is what the new bridge looked like in Dec 2016 ...

i-F3JgwLX-XL.jpg

i-rQmFgFK-XL.jpg

Excellent video and look forward to seeing the rest of the transit. We did the same cruise 2 years ago on the Island and had one of the new aft cabins and thought it was a great way to see the canal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank You to everyone that commented!

For those wishing to see the remainder of the canal transit here are the videos...

mt6z4t8D6xs

YfwsZRx3fhA

wmmHGOsxQRE

And an example of how slow the travel through the Canal really is..

l8mS9k9sVBM

If anyone would like to see my photos they can be found here.. https://www.flickr.com/photos/139587077@N03/albums . The link will open to my Albums page on Flickr. Please browse the albums and enjoy.

I really recommend the Cartagena album. Personally that was my favorite port-call of the cruise.

Thanks again

Mark