Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
love2travel2146

how much money needed for magen's bay

How much cash will I need for the day for our family of four for a trip to Magen's Bay? I guess cash needed for taxi, entrance, 2 chairs and an umbrella, some food and drinks, correct? Trying to plan how much to bring. If I can use a credit card even better, but want to know how much cash. Thanks.

Can't help you with the cost of getting there, as we were there as part of a longer island tour. The admission to get in was $5 US each. There was a bar there, but I don't know the cost of drinks. There was also a food stand selling just a short menu of turkey sandwiches, burgers, chips, etc. The sandwiches and burgers were about $10-$11. I think they may also have had hot dogs, but I don't recall the cost. That said, I would think you would need to plan for at least $20-$25 per person for admission, lunch and a beverage or two. Plus whatever the cost of transportation to the beach.

I didn't look at the prices of the chair and umbrella rentals, we just put our towels on the sand.

We didn't purchase anything, but I was told that they only accept cash right now.