bbryan5

Escape Info/Tips

So we've been on a bunch of NCL cruises.. sailed the Jewel, Gem, Breakaway, and the Dawn. We will be aboard the Escape in May, and was just trying to get some info on it. I've been doing a lot of reading online, but I was looking for some insider tips.. I'd love to hear about your favorite restaurants, shows, common areas, bar tenders, meals, etc.. If you'd care to share any tips, tricks, or secrets about the Escape, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's only been a few hours since you posted and it's a holiday so there isn't much traffic. However, there is a ton of great reviews, pictures, etc out there that have already discussed what you are asking. Click on the "research" tab at the top of the page and get some info while you are waiting on answers here.

Merry Christmas.

Spend the extra $ for a Thermal Spa pass. You won't regret it. It's a place for total relaxation and quiet.

Spend the extra $ for a Thermal Spa pass. You won't regret it. It's a place for total relaxation and quiet.

My wife was considering this, thanks for the info!

Or check to see what the upgrade to Spa cabin costs. We paid a little less doing it this way.

In any event Spa was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or check to see what the upgrade to Spa cabin costs. We paid a little less doing it this way.

In any event Spa was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll do this, thanks!

The best meal I had on the Escape was at Pincho Tapas! We had the Specialty Dining for 3 meals and used one credit for lunch here. So worth it!!

If you have the drink package, you can drink on the waterfront at the 5 'oclock somewhere bar and the Cellars wine bar for no additional cost... All of the restaurants that have seating on the waterfront are "for fee" establishments.

Are there any restaurants or bars to eat/drink on the “waterfront” that aren’t extra cost?

I agree with another poster that suggested using an SDP credit at Pincho Tapas. One of the best meals on the ship. And, most definitely try Food Republic at least once.

I agree with another poster that suggested using an SDP credit at Pincho Tapas. One of the best meals on the ship. And, most definitely try Food Republic at least once.

Excellent info! Thanks! Getting back to your other comment, about bars on the waterfront, are 5 O'clock and Cellars the only bars on the Waterfront? I remember on the Breakaway they had a really cool bar called Maltings (I think) on the Waterfront, and it was a great hangout

The District Brew House makes a great morning reading spot if you want a place inside.

I definitely plan on spending LOTS of time there!

Thats unfortunate that the food places are fee-only on the waterfront. Is it a flat rate cover charge or can you order a la carte? For example just an appetizer.

Also, I am having a debate about tHis with someone. Is it pronounced “EScape” or “EXcape”?

Thats unfortunate that the food places are fee-only on the waterfront. Is it a flat rate cover charge or can you order a la carte? For example just an appetizer.

Also, I am having a debate about tHis with someone. Is it pronounced “EScape” or “EXcape”?

Some of the waterfront restaurants are a la care. You will need a reservation.

The word is Escape with an S. It’s pronounced escape, just like it’s spelled. There is no X sound.

If you have the drink package, you can drink on the waterfront at the 5 'oclock somewhere bar and the Cellars wine bar for no additional cost... All of the restaurants that have seating on the waterfront are "for fee" establishments.

Really ?....what a disappointment, probably need to fight for a seat, and we thought it was totally open to anyone with no fee:mad:

You can use the seats on the waterfront during the day at your leisure. The restaurants don't open until 5:30 in the afternoon...

Really ?....what a disappointment, probably need to fight for a seat, and we thought it was totally open to anyone with no fee:mad:

they should be tons of other seating options on the waterfront. the whole entire outside deck has chairs, tables and chairs and loungers if the ship is similar to the breakaway

Skip dessert in the main dining room and head up to the buffet for fresh made crepes. We did not discover this until the last night! Crepe station is located in the far aft of the cafe. Lots of choices for fillings and toppings. Trust me---don't miss it! Have Fun

If you have a balcony, usb ports are right under the lights by the bed. no need for an outlet charger.

always go to the very back of the buffet for seats if you chose to eat there

The Manhattan MDR has good live dinner music and dancing. We had fun watching guests who chose to take a spin around the dance floor.

I agree. We went to the thermal spa every afternoon on the Escape. Nice quiet place to relax.

Skip dessert in the main dining room and head up to the buffet for fresh made crepes. We did not discover this until the last night! Crepe station is located in the far aft of the cafe. Lots of choices for fillings and toppings. Trust me---don't miss it! Have Fun

Thanks! Never knew about the Crepes there! Will check that out for sure :D

The Manhattan MDR has good live dinner music and dancing. We had fun watching guests who chose to take a spin around the dance floor.

Thanks, the wife will love this!

I highly recommend Howl at the Moon any night it's on, they allow standing if there's no seats left, and the crowd tends to come and go as it goes on for hours.

I highly recommend Howl at the Moon any night it's on, they allow standing if there's no seats left, and the crowd tends to come and go as it goes on for hours.

Will definitely check it out, Thanks!

Tons of non- restaurant places to sit, and also bars where anyone can hang. You can always find a seat. And yes, some pay restaurants have seato grout there, too, and they will use those spaces in the evenings.

Do they make specialty Crêpes such as Crêpes Suzette or do you pretty much have to dress them yourself?

They make the crepes and stuff them with your selection(s). Then you can add any toppings they have set out for you to help yourself. I'd say a probable no to Crepes Suzette.

Edited by Just Jo
Typo

they should be tons of other seating options on the waterfront. the whole entire outside deck has chairs, tables and chairs and loungers if the ship is similar to the breakaway

I spent a lot of time relaxing with my book during the day on the couches on the waterfront. Nice quiet spot away from the pool craziness.

Do they make specialty Crêpes such as Crêpes Suzette or do you pretty much have to dress them yourself?

There is a selection of fillings such as various pie fillings, sometimes fresh melon, pineapple. Probably the most requested is Nutella with or without bananas. Whipped cream, chocolate and Carmel sauce are also available. It's not "do it yourself" - the chef takes your order and makes it right in front of you...and the many others waiting! And there are gummy bears and sprinkles a this location too. They will also make you a fresh waffle.

It's only open during dinner hours - closes at 9:30pm.