Getting airline miles when booking flight through HAL?

We have a South American cruise booked with HAL for January 2019. It is still too early to book flights, but once they become available I am going to checkout flights through the cruiseline.

I am curious though...if we were to book flights through HAL, do we still earn miles for our travel?

My PCC wanted our air miles #.

I would hope we would get them at least for our flight to FLL. It's basically the same cost as if we booked on our own except for HAL's discount for booking our partiular cruise.

We had our TA book a one-way to Venice for a Med/Trans-Atlantic cruise back to FLL. We were 6 months out from the cruise, and she booked us using HAL's air department on British Airways. We immediately received a BA record locator and we were able to select our seats, and enter our FF#'s for credit back to our American Airlines account. We didn't have to pay for the flight until the cruise final payment date, it was bundled in with the cruise fare. The air was 100% cancellable, just like the cruise, until 75 days out. If you booked the air on your own, it would be non-refundable unless you paid a huge price.

I received my miles on American and United on my trip last summer. I think I went in to my flights on the airlines web site from a link on the pdf I got from HAL. I then made sure under the trip details that my account was listed.