Comment on Beverage Card

DaveOKC

On a recent cruise all of us at the dinner table noted that they had been given $25 beverage cards with their booking. One couple also purchased the beverage package so they really did not know what to do with the $25 cards.

Anyway, we did not use up all of our $25 on the cards and were surprised to find that HAL refunded us the unused portion on the final bill. So, our dining companions were able to basically get $25 pp back in credits, whereas they thought they would be out of luck.

Not a big deal, but just something that night help others in a similar situation.

I have lots of onboard credit and a $25 beverage card for my upcoming Eurodam cruise and plan to use the obc to purchase a beverage package. Can I also use the beverage card to pay for the beverage package? Or can I use it to purchase a bottle of liquor to take home?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

I have lots of onboard credit and a $25 beverage card for my upcoming Eurodam cruise and plan to use the obc to purchase a beverage package. Can I also use the beverage card to pay for the beverage package? Or can I use it to purchase a bottle of liquor to take home?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Once on the ship you can buy the Beverage Package. Then at the end of the cruise when you haven't used that $25 Beverage card, it will be credited to your shipboard account and then it will help defer the cost of the Beverage Package.

If you buy a bottle of alcohol to take home, it will be charged to your shipboard account either from the boutique or the cabin service if you bought it that way. Again, the Beverage Card will be credited to your shipboard account at the end of the cruise and then used to help pay off that bill.

Thank you!

Liz

Once on the ship you can buy the Beverage Package. Then at the end of the cruise when you haven't used that $25 Beverage card, it will be credited to your shipboard account and then it will help defer the cost of the Beverage Package.

If you buy a bottle of alcohol to take home, it will be charged to your shipboard account either from the boutique or the cabin service if you bought it that way. Again, the Beverage Card will be credited to your shipboard account at the end of the cruise and then used to help pay off that bill.

Does the refund for unused $25 beverage card apply if the card came from HAL and not a gift from your TA ? I have heard that OBC from HAL is a "use it or lose it" proposition. If the $25 card is also from HAL, such as from the Cyber Sale promotion, is that also "use it or lose it" ??

Does the refund for unused $25 beverage card apply if the card came from HAL and not a gift from your TA ? I have heard that OBC from HAL is a "use it or lose it" proposition. If the $25 card is also from HAL, such as from the Cyber Sale promotion, is that also "use it or lose it" ??

Yes, the refund applied to our account, even though we got the cards as part of a HAL booking promotion.