Msc black card comp dinner

marcoigna

CC82 ... We were on Seaside on two occasions, the first time we left it a day or so before heading to the area where the restaurants are and was lucky to get in as most evening bookings had gone, they were pushing lunch time bookings.

On the second cruise we went after we boarded and booked straight away, so I would certainly go on your first day onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

CC82 ... We were on Seaside on two occasions, the first time we left it a day or so before heading to the area where the restaurants are and was lucky to get in as most evening bookings had gone, they were pushing lunch time bookings.

On the second cruise we went after we boarded and booked straight away, so I would certainly go on your first day onboard.

Thanks Sidari, this is what I needed to know!  I appreciate it! 

• Like 1

Just for info. We were on the Grand Voyage from Venice to Durban last month - 24 nights. We had one voucher for LUNCH for two people in the only speciality restaurant onboard (Sushi restaurant). We queried this with the Loyalty manager as the benefits listed online clearly stated dinner and he said it would be fine to have dinner. The waiter in the restaurant disagreed and we had a lively discussion with the restaurant manager who eventually relented and said they would allow us to have dinner if there was a space. We were one of only 3 tables in for the whole evening. We enjoyed the food very much and booked to go back a second time - they were offering 30% off the price of dinner by then and again we were one of only 3 tables eating in there.

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 7:17 AM, sidari said:

We are going on the Seaside.  With the complimentary dinner for two it says from a "tasting menu".  Is this something different to the regular menu in the steakhouse?  

30 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

We are going on the Seaside.  With the complimentary dinner for two it says from a "tasting menu".  Is this something different to the regular menu in the steakhouse?  

Yes. It's the Experience dining menu. One choice from each section: one app, one main w/side and one dessert. 

It's a limited menu, but lots of choices, ie salads, soup, bone marrow, etc, sirloin, lamb chops, filet, etc and several different desserts. 

There's loads of photos of the Experience menu, both on here, and via Google. 

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes. It's the Experience dining menu. One choice from each section: one app, one main w/side and one dessert. 

It's a limited menu, but lots of choices, ie salads, soup, bone marrow, etc, sirloin, lamb chops, filet, etc and several different desserts. 

There's loads of photos of the Experience menu, both on here, and via Google. 

Thank you so much.  I will have to check them out.

Mary

Here's a photo of the 'Dining Experience' menu in Butcher's Cut on Meraviglia; I've seen a menu from Seaside which I noticed that one item on the appetizer list is missing - the House Chop salad (which, IIRC, is listed elsewhere on the menu). I didn't notice any other differences - they'll be slight if there are.

55ad73e3a5388c51ee16aa153f57a02c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just received this yesterday.   I have no idea what thy mean only if cabin mate is not a black card member?  And what is with the self service buffet?    Is there a buffet at any of the specialties?    I will post the entire email to me.   My cruise is March 9 Seaside.

Black Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members may extend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants may not be available on all ship classes. Privilege is not available if the members decide to eat dinner at self-service buffet. Members under 18 must be accompanied in order to enjoy the privilege. Members are not allowed to bring any outside beverages into the restaurant.

Here is the entire email I received only yesterday.

Your Black-level benefits
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.contactlab.it%2Fspacer.gif&t=1551359554&ymreqid=20ac5139-a122-26ee-2f58-d70022010000&sig=y0_KsneSCgf2DPl2eV0tag--~C
Useful information on how to take advantage of all your benefits
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.contactlab.it%2Fspacer.gif&t=1551359554&ymreqid=20ac5139-a122-26ee-2f58-d70022010000&sig=y0_KsneSCgf2DPl2eV0tag--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.contactlab.it%2Fimg%2Fspacer.gif&t=1551359554&ymreqid=20ac5139-a122-26ee-2f58-d70022010000&sig=7QrB6gzjCoQ_3tdXM4qgDw--~C
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.contactlab.it%2Fimg%2Fspacer.gif&t=1551359554&ymreqid=20ac5139-a122-26ee-2f58-d70022010000&sig=7QrB6gzjCoQ_3tdXM4qgDw--~C
Priority boarding on embarkation day at available ports - Present your card or club number at the terminal 

You will receive invites or information in your stateroom at different stages of your cruise for:

- Welcome Back Cocktail 
- MSC Voyagers Club Black Party
- Dance class
- Birthday cake celebration, if it's your birthday while on board
- Priority disembarkation in ports where a tender is required
- Priority disembarkation & late cabin check-out at end of cruise

The following items will be delivered to your stateroom at different stages of the cruise:

- A bottle of spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit
- Fresh fruit basket
- Cabin bathrobe and slippers
- A scale chocolate model of the ship
- Gifts

You can make your own arrangements for the following benefits, at any time: 

- Dinner for two at a specialty restaurant* – Book with the Maître d‘Hotel
- A one-hour thermal area experience – Book at the Spa
- Photo taken during the Welcome Back Cocktail – Collect at the Photo Shop-
- Milestone Award if you are a new Black member - Collect from the Voyagers Club info desk