Royal Caribbean credit card question

We are going on our first cruise in August. I signed up for the Royal Caribbean Visa card because it seemed like a great way to earn rewards just for paying for our cruise. But then I realized we might not earn the bonus points since we used a travel agency- I am pretty sure my deposit showed up on my credit card statement under the name of the travel agency, not Royal Caribbean. Is there a way around this?

You are purchasing the cruise from Royal Caribbean not the travel agent. The travel agent is paid a commission by Royal Caribbean, the travel agent is not a reseller.

All money you pay should go directly to Royal Caribbean. If there was an issue and Royal Caribbean never got the money, then that would be a problem.

Just went back and checked my last final payment for our back to back and saw two payments made to royal and one to the agency for $578. The payments made to royal received double points and the $578 only single points. I just send her an email to explain why.

Just went back and checked my last final payment for our back to back and saw two payments made to royal and one to the agency for $578. The payments made to royal received double points and the $578 only single points. I just send her an email to explain why.

I'd be very wary of this agent and not use them in the future.

We also go through a travel agent and always get double points for cost of the whole cruise. It shouldn't matter who you book with.

Agree, that's why I think something fishy might be going on with Maria1122's travel agent.

There's absolutely something fishy. The travel agents accepts payment fur your cruise but it only passes through them. RCI should have gotten your card number for both payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some time ago I posted a warning to cruise critic members to be very careful with TAs and their credit and debit cards. As a banker dealing with merchants, I have seen a lot of travel agents ripping off their customers and then declaring bankruptcy.

Please make sure your payments actually got to RCI!

Just went back and checked all my charge card statements and this is the first time this has happened. We take 8 cruises per year. Hopefully I will hear from her after the holiday weekend. I am very curious. I have used her for about 7 years and never a problem. She always pays my gratuities and gives a very nice OBC. I trust her and figure it must be the accounting dept.

Thanks so much, everyone! I will call the travel agent and see how it works. Since we are traveling with Autism in the Seas, the travel agency does keep a small portion of the total charge to pay for the extra support services we will receive so maybe that’s why the deposit was under their name. Although this is our first cruise, I’ve heard such rave reviews from other families like mine that I have a strong suspicion we will become hooked and it will become an annual tradition for us. Happy New Year!