MSC Seaside Thermal Spa

jimdicap

We had the pass last week and this coming week and love it. The rooms are fun-- there are several shower "experiences", s couple different steam rooms, a dry hot salt room, etc-- the thassalotherapy pool has strong jets, the snow room is a hoot. The space is calm and peaceful. One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that there are private lounger chairs outside for spa users only, and a private outdoor hot tub, all of which were barely used and nice to have on busy sea days.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

We had the pass last week and this coming week and love it. The rooms are fun-- there are several shower "experiences", s couple different steam rooms, a dry hot salt room, etc-- the thassalotherapy pool has strong jets, the snow room is a hoot. The space is calm and peaceful. One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that there are private lounger chairs outside for spa users only, and a private outdoor hot tub, all of which were barely used and nice to have on busy sea days.

How much was your week pass? There is confusion on the price aboard for daily and week passes and the price the website is charging for pre purchases for daily or weekly passes. Thanks!

We are going to be on the Sideside May 2018 and would to do the Thermal Suite. Went to enhance your cruise section and found this:

Thermal Area Cruise Pass(0-9)

Find inner calm and body revamp in our Onboard Thermal area for the whole duration of the cruise.

Adult $ 90.00 PP

Child $ 90.00 PP

$90.00 per person for a week's pass sounds like a good price so I called MSC to find out what was included. I ended up calling 3 times and got 3 different answers. The first was it only included the Turkish bath and sauna. The second time it included everything in the thermal suite and the third call she told me when she toured the ship she was told that the pass on the internet only covered the sauna. To say the least I'm confused. Have anyone purchase this pass on the internet? I would rather pay $180.00 before the cruise then $280.00 on the ship but we want all of the thermal suite and not part of it. Can anyone help?

Also this pass is for the thermal area and if you purchase a massage it said you get entrance to thermal spa for the duration of the cruise. Is there a different between the thermal area and the thermal spa? All the other packages say thermal spa.

Edited by tpwolfe

We are going to be on the Sideside May 2018 and would to do the Thermal Suite. Went to enhance yourcruise and found this:

Find inner calm and body revamp in our Onboard Thermal area for the whole duration of the cruise.

Read less

Adult$ 90.00PP

Child$ 90.00PP

$90.00 per person for a week's pass sounds like a good price so I called MSC to find out what was included. I ended up calling 3 times and got 3 different answers. The first was it only included the Turkish bath and sauna. The second time it included everything in the thermal suite and the third call she told me when she toured the ship she was told that the pass on the internet only covered the sauna. To say the least I'm confused. Have anyone purchase this pass on the internet? I would rather pay $180.00 before the cruise then $280.00 on the ship but we want all of the thermal suite and not part of it. Can anyone help?

this pass covers everything in the thermal suite that isn't a service (massage, facial, etc.). In the suite you'll find saunas, whirlpools, steam rooms, outdoor loungers, the snow room, changing rooms and showers.

Never has there been an option to purchase what MSC would call a week long thermal spa pass on their website. It also never stated that any to purchase off the website were for one day only. The one I got for $55 each said use of the thermal spa for the entire duration of the cruise and I have paper copies of it. This is what I expect when I get aboard. Not playing the "Our website made a mistake" game with MSC on the ship. I want what it said I purchased. Not giving them three times that each because of their lousy website wording. Tired of them not knowing their own products or offerings on the website.

Edited by tallnthensome

this pass covers everything in the thermal suite that isn't a service (massage, facial, etc.). In the suite you'll find saunas, whirlpools, steam rooms, outdoor loungers, the snow room, changing rooms and showers.

Did you purchase your pass on the internet or on the ship?

You mentioned that you had the spa pass last week and next week. What was the charge for the two weeks? The reason I ask is when I went to pre-book it, it said $100 "for the entire cruise", which for us is 2 weeks as it sounds like yours is?

We booked it as a two week, not a B2B and apparently there is a difference when it comes to perks.

Could you provide some insight, please?

We are going to be on the Sideside May 2018 and would to do the Thermal Suite. Went to enhance your cruise section and found this:

Adult $ 90.00 PP

Child $ 90.00 PP

Also this pass is for the thermal area and if you purchase a massage it said you get entrance to thermal spa for the duration of the cruise. Is there a different between the thermal area and the thermal spa? All the other packages say thermal spa.

I just looked and it said $100/pp "for the entire cruise". I didn't see $90?

Never has there been an option to purchase what MSC would call a week long thermal spa pass on their website. It also never stated that any to purchase off the website were for one day only. The one I got for $55 each said use of the thermal spa for the entire duration of the cruise and I have paper copies of it. This is what I expect when I get aboard. Not playing the "Our website made a mistake" game with MSC on the ship. I want what it said I purchased. Not giving them three times that each because of their lousy website wording. Tired of them not knowing their own products or offerings on the website.

Right and what if your cruise is 2 weeks long?

Right and what if your cruise is 2 weeks long?
You need to clear customs in the middle of your journey, so you're on two separate cruises. Your sail n sign will be closed out after week one and another will start up for week two. This is how every other cruise line does it and I can't think of a logical excuse as to why USA customs would consider your 14 night/15 day journey as a single cruise.

I just looked and it said $100/pp "for the entire cruise". I didn't see $90?

My sailing is the May 12th cruise. Just booked thermal suite for $180.00 for the entire cruise for my wife and I. Maybe they charge different rates for different dates.

My sailing is the May 12th cruise. Just booked thermal suite for $180.00 for the entire cruise for my wife and I. Maybe they charge different rates for different dates.
I booked our spa passes for my wife and I for $110 ($55 a piece) for our April trip on the Seaside. I do however believe we are both in for disappointment once on board as prices at the spa state $90 per couple PER DAY ....... They'll tell me, and probably you, we only paid for a couple single day passes even though it says "for the entire duration of the cruise" and not just one day.

I booked our spa passes for my wife and I for $110 ($55 a piece) for our April trip on the Seaside. I do however believe we are both in for disappointment once on board as prices at the spa state $90 per couple PER DAY ....... They'll tell me, and probably you, we only paid for a couple single day passes even though it says "for the entire duration of the cruise" and not just one day.

Thanks. I hope not. I will call them today a couple times to make sure. Hopefully I will get the same answer from each of the customer service reps this time. The email they sent me to confirm the purchase only had the amount I paid and didn't have what I paid for in the email. My travel agent told me she hates dealing with MSC and I'm starting to understand why.

This is great information, thank you! I have one additional question, does it also include the salt room since it itself is not a service either?

Is it included for YC guests?

Yes we get it for the entire cruise , its included

Also for those on 2 week cruises , its only for the week you pay for not the 14 days , even thought you booked for 14 days it really is 2 cruises in 1.