MSC Seaside Thermal Spa

jimdicap

You need to clear customs in the middle of your journey, so you're on two separate cruises. Your sail n sign will be closed out after week one and another will start up for week two. This is how every other cruise line does it and I can't think of a logical excuse as to why USA customs would consider your 14 night/15 day journey as a single cruise.

Not sure how USA customs would view it but that's how it was booked. I know I have to get off and back on in between, but It was made clear to me that I don't get two packages of 12 drink vouchers because I booked as a 2 week cruise and not as a B2B.

That was what I was wondering about...the onboard "perks".

Thanks. I hope not. I will call them today a couple times to make sure. Hopefully I will get the same answer from each of the customer service reps this time. The email they sent me to confirm the purchase only had the amount I paid and didn't have what I paid for in the email. My travel agent told me she hates dealing with MSC and I'm starting to understand why.

Please let us know what you find out.

After you purchase it will show up on your MSc for Me and you will receive a new ticket receipt with it listed as well . Wording states “whole duration of cruise”.

It was very easy to do! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t understand the differentiation of 2 week cruise and B2B? Was it BOGO? Why would you get less in week 2?

With MSC you can book a back to back cruise as 1 basically to make it easier , instead of having 2 booking numbers and all of that

But each 7 day cruise is still considered as such

We had the pass last week and this coming week and love it. The rooms are fun-- there are several shower "experiences", s couple different steam rooms, a dry hot salt room, etc-- the thassalotherapy pool has strong jets, the snow room is a hoot. The space is calm and peaceful. One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that there are private lounger chairs outside for spa users only, and a private outdoor hot tub, all of which were barely used and nice to have on busy sea days.

Can you (or anyone else) comment as to whether the Thermal area smells like chlorine? On past cruises with Norwegian, the pool was chlorine which caused the whole area to burn our eyes and mouths (especially since its inside) and make it not pleasant. Just wondering if MSC does it differently, perhaps salt in their pools. Thanks!

Can you (or anyone else) comment as to whether the Thermal area smells like chlorine? On past cruises with Norwegian, the pool was chlorine which caused the whole area to burn our eyes and mouths (especially since its inside) and make it not pleasant. Just wondering if MSC does it differently, perhaps salt in their pools. Thanks!

Just got off the Dec 23 cruise and the spa doesn't smell like chlorine. They keep the smells in there nice and if someone use one of the 4 sets of showers, it adds to the pleasant smells since the showers are infused with different fragances.

Just got off the Dec 23 cruise and the spa doesn't smell like chlorine. They keep the smells in there nice and if someone use one of the 4 sets of showers, it adds to the pleasant smells since the showers are infused with different fragances.

Great :) Very looking forward to it!

Just got off the Dec 23 trip and the Thermal Spa is WELL WORTH the price. I visited it 2x a day. I would spend around 15-20 min in the dark light sauna, then head straight to the snow room. Boy did I feel refreshed. I spent like $90 pre cruise. Way better than booking on the cruise.

As for 2wk cruise vs B2B, some cruiselines have the capability to book cruises as 2wk cruises vs 2 separate cruises. Makes it easier to have the same cabin and usually booking it as 1 saves a little money. The only advantage to booking it as 2 separate cruises would be if the cruiseline still uses actual cruises vs days as the way to advance in loyalty program. You also maybe able to get more SBC booking 2 vs 1, but not sure.

Just got off the Dec 23 trip and the Thermal Spa is WELL WORTH the price. I visited it 2x a day. I would spend around 15-20 min in the dark light sauna, then head straight to the snow room. Boy did I feel refreshed. I spent like $90 pre cruise. Way better than booking on the cruise.

As for 2wk cruise vs B2B, some cruiselines have the capability to book cruises as 2wk cruises vs 2 separate cruises. Makes it easier to have the same cabin and usually booking it as 1 saves a little money. The only advantage to booking it as 2 separate cruises would be if the cruiseline still uses actual cruises vs days as the way to advance in loyalty program. You also maybe able to get more SBC booking 2 vs 1, but not sure.

Sounds amazing!

My husband and I are deciding (we need to decide tonite as we sail this Saturday) on if we want to add the thermal suite but really want to know if it has unisex areas or if it has separate male/female areas...we want to be able to relax together but have never done a cruise spa before.

Sounds amazing!

My husband and I are deciding (we need to decide tonite as we sail this Saturday) on if we want to add the thermal suite but really want to know if it has unisex areas or if it has separate male/female areas...we want to be able to relax together but have never done a cruise spa before.

Good question....just assumed it was....except for the showers!

Sounds amazing!

It is one for all , all for one. The showers are more of a rinse off shower. They do have changing rooms with lockers outside the thermal area that the front desk gives you the car and bracelet to open the lockers.

It is one for all , all for one. The showers are more of a rinse off shower. They do have changing rooms with lockers outside the thermal area that the front desk gives you the car and bracelet to open the lockers.

Hello! I was wondering if you (or anyone else) can comment as to whether teens are allowed in the thermal area (16+)

With MSC you can book a back to back cruise as 1 basically to make it easier , instead of having 2 booking numbers and all of that

But each 7 day cruise is still considered as such

No...not really. The prices were different....the perks are different.

If it were, we would get TWO Fantastic 12 drink voucher packages...and we don't.

The rep told me that the "duration of the entire cruise" for the spa means just that....the 14 days!

[quote name=seaweeyin;54853445 One thing I didn't see mentioned anywhere is that there are private lounger chairs outside for spa users only' date=' and a private outdoor hot tub, all of which were barely used and nice to have on busy sea days.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Are the chairs and hot tub in full sun or is there shade?

So is there anyone that can confirm they bought the pass pre cruise and it was good for the whole cruise?
It was not easy! Could not get it thru online,so I called and

I can confirm that on the Seaside for $198 per couple,we have the weekly thermal pass, 30 minute massage and tea!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It was not easy! Could not get it thru online,so I called and

I can confirm that on the Seaside for $198 per couple,we have the weekly thermal pass, 30 minute massage and tea!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow how did you get the 30 minute massage too!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

It shows you get a massage service and thermal suite use for Aurea experience. With their winter sale today we were able to upgrade at a reasonable cost. All the other benefits include drink package and my time dining along with other perks. Hope it all comes true!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

So is there anyone that can confirm they bought the pass pre cruise and it was good for the whole cruise?

When I called MSC to ask, since we are on a two week sailing, I was told, yes, it is for the whole cruise just as it says on the website. I told the rep of my concerns and she checked to confirm and was told that it was definitly for the duration of the cruise and even put a note on our reservation about our concerns.

I can't imagine any other way to MAKE SURE beyond this. I will say she sounded like she knew what she was talking about...so only time will tell.