Cruise Critic Community
Jim Avery

Viking Sun World Cruise ongoing review/comments

9d944f76206639764856c137a09e1eb6.jpgb995314d40d836afae4d6caafa97bbad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, THE VIKING SUN just tied up at the Port of LA and the First Ever Viking World Cruise is about to start. The crew and starting trippers are ready to cruise and are looking forward to a Wonderful Cruise We’ll Never Forget .

I love it! That is EXACTLY the first picture my husband would have taken this morning if we were with you! I might have even dragged myself out of bed to see it . (Doesn’t take much to amuse us!) Looking forward to photographic evidence of the lemon drop bunch in the Explorers Lounge! Thinking about those of you trying to get to Target today/tomorrow. Ask Heather if she’ll arrange a shuttle!

I love it! That is EXACTLY the first picture my husband would have taken this morning if we were with you! I might have even dragged myself out of bed to see it . (Doesn’t take much to amuse us!) Looking forward to photographic evidence of the lemon drop bunch in the Explorers Lounge! Thinking about those of you trying to get to Target today/tomorrow. Ask Heather if she’ll arrange a shuttle!

IMG_1515158412.906793.jpg.8d5481c40e51dc19a67d1b3164503081.jpg22a99cbe8e2d5d98efc09669c2e21787.jpg

Old Friends are leaving and new ones will be arriving soon . Nice to be on a ship only 1/2 full .

Bon Voyage to all those joining the World Cruise today in Los Angeles! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Onboard and mostly unpacked. We brought too much stuff! the ship is a stunner and unbelievably clean. Service and food so far are very good. One glitch with the included transfer. At LAX it was a mess. Big group waiting. One guy said he had been waiting over 2 hours! When you pay this much for a cruise, waiting for a bus is not ok. We took a cab and were at the ship in no time. Hope excursions go better. More later.

Blame it all on Los Angeles where everything is a mess all the time. After 45 years there that's why we moved to Santa Fe! Have fun. It should be a breeze now.

Bon Voyage to you all! Have a wonderful cruise and a marvelous adventure! Cruising along with you in spirit!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bon Voyage, Jim and Lois!! Looking forward to your postings. I would LOVE to do this one day! Ten more days until SD for me!! Cheers, Robin

Even ol’Ragnar will lurk again to read Jim’s chronicles. He has big, and smelly, shoes to fill. Bon Voyage!

Working on it Big Boy.🍸🎉🍺

Desert Gal amongst the lurkers! Viking Star, Baltic cruising friends Dave and Sandra, from Columbus, OH., amongst you on the WC. This morning's email comment... "this trip is like no other" Smooth sailing to y'all!

IMG_1708.jpg.18ee47cb8731ed61829a71b8bac7707d.jpg884a799b414c75852b4812416a56c3a8.jpg. What a way to start the Viking Sun’s first World Cruise ! f1491590bae86ec07590a088691aa978.jpg1bc81ba5b0ce722c480a9f54d51adc4e.jpg Finse - and her favorite toy Fuddlewuddle , the Famous Golden Retriever, showed up for the event !

IMG_1725.jpg.4799de372ca71a1a7e66415ca1909e02.jpg

Edited by Eaches

I bet Finse will get a lot of attention! Beautiful fireworks. I heard that you were late leaving waiting for a couple from Chicago. I'm glad they waited for them!!!

I bet Finse will get a lot of attention! Beautiful fireworks. I heard that you were late leaving waiting for a couple from Chicago. I'm glad they waited for them!!!

Yes all of the above is true ! We where late leaving , but only because of the Captain’s decision to wait for two snow birds from Chicago to arrive ! Three cheers for the Captain!

Awesome that he waited for Chicago! And Finse will help with all those who need their ‘dog fixes’ on this long journey! I know it would me!

Bon Voyage to all!

[ATTACH]413172[/ATTACH][ATTACH]413173[/ATTACH]884a799b414c75852b4812416a56c3a8.jpg. What a way to start the Viking Sun’s first World Cruise ! f1491590bae86ec07590a088691aa978.jpg1bc81ba5b0ce722c480a9f54d51adc4e.jpg Finse - and her favorite toy Fuddlewuddle , the Famous Golden Retriever, showed up for the event !

Oh, how fun !!! I bought a couple of the Finse books on one of my Viking river cruises for my granddaughter.

I will be following along. I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

What a great send off ! And waiting for the last couple was a class act for the Captain and Viking

I don't know about Finse. Is she sailing with you the whole 128 days?

That'd be awesome. If I was there I'd give him plenty of attention.

Me too! And then I'd ask to bring my big old yellow lab on the 2019 WC. But seriously, she can't stay on board can she? She must have just been there for the party...

I don't know about Finse. Is she sailing with you the whole 128 days?

No but rumors are they will join us later for another celebration.

No but rumors are they will join us later for another celebration.

I thought I had read that the Viking Sun will be formally christened during this world cruise saling with a big celebration.

I thought I had read that the Viking Sun will be formally christened during this world cruise saling with a big celebration.

Stay tuned !