Cruise Critic Community
fyree39

Why did you decide to retire when you did?

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, good morning and thank you:classic_smile: yes, I am probably not fully comprehending it all yet but it is definitely a good thing.   I am leaving at the end of the year.  So basically, 2 months left.....I have a TA crossing booked for April (my FIRST TA CROSSING!) but I will book something for January:classic_smile: and

when I come back from that one? It will probably seem more real because I won't have to go to work LOL

I’m excited for you, Lois! Which TA crossing are you planning? Lots of choices for January. Is that a good time to cruise in Asia or Australia/NZ? Lots of fun planning and it will make the next 2 months go quickly. You are so right, not having to think about returning to work while you are on a vacation is just the best feeling!

Sharon

34 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I’m excited for you, Lois! Which TA crossing are you planning? Lots of choices for January. Is that a good time to cruise in Asia or Australia/NZ? Lots of fun planning and it will make the next 2 months go quickly. You are so right, not having to think about returning to work while you are on a vacation is just the best feeling!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I am going on Silversea (WIND) from April 6-22....TA crossing and then want to do another cruise while in

Europe:classic_smile:

As for January? I am going to just do a Caribbean Cruise and then maybe do something again in March for my

birthday.…….but the big cruise is the April crossing.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, I am going on Silversea (WIND) from April 6-22....TA crossing and then want to do another cruise while in

As for January? I am going to just do a Caribbean Cruise and then maybe do something again in March for my

Congratulations on putting a stake in the ground on your retirement.  I’ll be sure to follow your travels. You sound like a kid in a candy shop!  

I still have a bit to go but hubs is only three years away.

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lois, well it sounds like you have this retirement thing well under control and have lots to look forward to. 

Sharon

Thank you Sharon...….yes, it is time. I have given this company 29 years.

21 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Congratulations on putting a stake in the ground on your retirement.  I’ll be sure to follow your travels. You sound like a kid in a candy shop!  

I still have a bit to go but hubs is only three years away.

Thank you:classic_smile:.  It doesn't feel real yet since I am still working but come the end of the year? (well, it is almost the

end now).  Should be fun!