Caribbean Princess, muster drill, jackets Y or N

Arizona Cruz Chic

I would assume YES unless informed otherwise after you board.

The thread on this board reporting that the policy will eventually be NO fleetwide was based on scuttlebutt from one cabin steward. Who probably was just repeating a rumor floating around the crew bar. The previous reports that the requirement would be ended on ships with Ocean Medallion must be considered still in flux as no ship has fully completed implementing the Medallion.

No Jackets Required on Crown on our 12/21 departure last month.

Personally, while I feel it's a PITA to schlep the jackets to muster drill, it's a wrong-headed move to not require passengers to at least make the attempt to don their lifejackets prior to an actual emergency situation as part of the muster drill.

No Jackets Required on Crown on our 12/21 departure last month.

Personally, while I feel it's a PITA to schlep the jackets to muster drill, it's a wrong-headed move to not require passengers to at least make the attempt to don their lifejackets prior to an actual emergency situation as part of the muster drill.

Boarding the Crown next month so hope you still can leave them in your cabin. That said, I intend to put them on in my cabin to make sure they are in working order.

This from a post from someone that got off CB on Dec 20th.....

Interesting: tomorrow’s events are already showing up on my phone, and I noticed that Muster Drill is now called Guest Safety Assembly, and you are no longer required to take your life jackets...

3df0dd30e59e1a288baaea0644bfe645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Cool. We're sailing CB in March. If we had to take the life jackets with us we would simply have done so without complaining. It's not that big a deal. It's actually interesting to see who puts it on before being told to do so and who sticks that germ covered whistle in their mouth to try it out. :eek:

From the above post is seems that we may be leaving the jackets behind which will make things a bit easier as there won't be the mob of people trying to return to their cabins immediately after muster. Either way we expect to have a great cruise.

You do not need to wear take your life jacket to your Muster Station

Seems perfectly clear to me

Well, at least it's (slightly) better grammar than we used to get with manuals for printers and such. ;p

Cool. We're sailing CB in March. If we had to take the life jackets with us we would simply have done so without complaining. It's not that big a deal. It's actually interesting to see who puts it on before being told to do so and who sticks that germ covered whistle in their mouth to try it out. :eek:

From the above post is seems that we may be leaving the jackets behind which will make things a bit easier as there won't be the mob of people trying to return to their cabins immediately after muster. Either way we expect to have a great cruise.

I always cringed when I saw people using that whistle!

It was nice after muster on the Regal to not have to bring the jackets back to the room. People were not in an all fire rush to run back to their cabins and make it up to the top deck to watch sail away.

Boarding the Crown next month so hope you still can leave them in your cabin. That said, I intend to put them on in my cabin to make sure they are in working order.

How will you really know unless jump overboard - or at least into a pool? :D

Been reading about some of the ships not requiring to bring your life vest to the muster drill.

Has it gone fleet wide yet? Anyone recently on Caribbean Princess who can confirm Y or N on needing to bring them? Just curious, NP bringing, just easier without. :)

I was on the CP end of October. Yes. We had to not only bring our life jackets but we had to practice wearing them properly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums