Arizona Cruz Chic

Caribbean Princess, muster drill, jackets Y or N

Been reading about some of the ships not requiring to bring your life vest to the muster drill.

Has it gone fleet wide yet? Anyone recently on Caribbean Princess who can confirm Y or N on needing to bring them? Just curious, NP bringing, just easier without. :)

Why don;t you just wait and see what is announced on board? No one is going to be able to give you a definitive answer for your cruise. Reports are scattered and varied. I would expect to be bringing it in the near term.

I would assume YES unless informed otherwise after you board.

The thread on this board reporting that the policy will eventually be NO fleetwide was based on scuttlebutt from one cabin steward. Who probably was just repeating a rumor floating around the crew bar. The previous reports that the requirement would be ended on ships with Ocean Medallion must be considered still in flux as no ship has fully completed implementing the Medallion.

No Jackets Required on Crown on our 12/21 departure last month.

Personally, while I feel it's a PITA to schlep the jackets to muster drill, it's a wrong-headed move to not require passengers to at least make the attempt to don their lifejackets prior to an actual emergency situation as part of the muster drill.

No Jackets Required on Crown on our 12/21 departure last month.

Personally, while I feel it's a PITA to schlep the jackets to muster drill, it's a wrong-headed move to not require passengers to at least make the attempt to don their lifejackets prior to an actual emergency situation as part of the muster drill.

Boarding the Crown next month so hope you still can leave them in your cabin. That said, I intend to put them on in my cabin to make sure they are in working order.

Well, if anyone have a problem with toting that orange thingy to muster, cancel the cruise. It'a a real pain and annoying ya know.

This from a post from someone that got off CB on Dec 20th.....

Interesting: tomorrow’s events are already showing up on my phone, and I noticed that Muster Drill is now called Guest Safety Assembly, and you are no longer required to take your life jackets...

3df0dd30e59e1a288baaea0644bfe645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Cool. We're sailing CB in March. If we had to take the life jackets with us we would simply have done so without complaining. It's not that big a deal. It's actually interesting to see who puts it on before being told to do so and who sticks that germ covered whistle in their mouth to try it out. :eek:

From the above post is seems that we may be leaving the jackets behind which will make things a bit easier as there won't be the mob of people trying to return to their cabins immediately after muster. Either way we expect to have a great cruise.

You do not need to wear take your life jacket to your Muster Station

Seems perfectly clear to me

Well, at least it's (slightly) better grammar than we used to get with manuals for printers and such. ;p

Do whatever you are instructed once on board.

I believe you won’t need to, but it could change at anytime.

Cool. We're sailing CB in March. If we had to take the life jackets with us we would simply have done so without complaining. It's not that big a deal. It's actually interesting to see who puts it on before being told to do so and who sticks that germ covered whistle in their mouth to try it out. :eek:

From the above post is seems that we may be leaving the jackets behind which will make things a bit easier as there won't be the mob of people trying to return to their cabins immediately after muster. Either way we expect to have a great cruise.

I always cringed when I saw people using that whistle!

It was nice after muster on the Regal to not have to bring the jackets back to the room. People were not in an all fire rush to run back to their cabins and make it up to the top deck to watch sail away.

As I said before, I have no problem in taking the jacket...but I do have a problem with the people who drag the strap behind them!

TY dreaminkel for your clarification.

We had to bring life jackets on Regal Princess in October.

Holland America tells passengers to leave them in cabins. I’m pretty sure people have tripped on the straps causing accidents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Boarding the Crown next month so hope you still can leave them in your cabin. That said, I intend to put them on in my cabin to make sure they are in working order.

How will you really know unless jump overboard - or at least into a pool? :D

I remember an old Love Boat episode where a passenger wore his life jacket the whole cruise. The last day he was convinced to take it off, threw it into the pool and it sunk.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The final decision is up to the Captain of the ship. I wonder if he looks at how many newbies??

How will you really know unless jump overboard - or at least into a pool? :D

That is true. Just want to make sure the straps are working well smarty pants! Lol! :D

Been reading about some of the ships not requiring to bring your life vest to the muster drill.

Has it gone fleet wide yet? Anyone recently on Caribbean Princess who can confirm Y or N on needing to bring them? Just curious, NP bringing, just easier without. :)

I was on the CP end of October. Yes. We had to not only bring our life jackets but we had to practice wearing them properly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally off subject, but my SIL has a friend who carries a life jacket in her car. Every time she crosses a bridge she stops, puts on the life jacket and takes it off when she gets to the other side.

Totally off subject, but my SIL has a friend who carries a life jacket in her car. Every time she crosses a bridge she stops, puts on the life jacket and takes it off when she gets to the other side.

What about a glass breaker for when the car sinks? ;) :o

What about a glass breaker for when the car sinks? ;) :o

Perhaps the jacket is big enough to keep the car afloat:)