sweets2323

Cash bar and Sail and Sign S&S explain

I’ve been searching but can’t find the right question.

Isn’t cash place on the Sail and Sign card and a credit card is attached as back up?

If I put money on my S&S card and have a credit card attached to it, why would I need to put money on a cruise cash account?

As for the cash bar, I figured the cash bar is a way to itemize and budget money just for the bar and assuming when the money is done that means your drinking should be done. Only logical reason i could think why carnival would have a cash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only use credit cards, but you can fund your S&S with cash. However, I'm not quite sure I am following your logic

If we have an S&S card why would someone get cruise cash?

I’m sure I’m confused. I’m hoping for Explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I'm understanding your question right, cruise cash is pre-purchased and is applied to your sign and sail account for you to use for what ever your want on the boat. Bar cash is again pre-purchased but can only be used to purchase drinks. I don't know why people buy bar cash instead of cruise cash? Maybe to limit the amount someone spends on drinks or Unless someone is gifted bar cash to buy a few drinks onboard? I don't know what happens if you don't drink all your moneys worth if you buy bar cash?

unless you think the bars actually take cash? Basically, you are paying your S&S with cash instead of CC

Carnival sells "Cruise Cash" which is essentially a gift card, in 3 different forms - Cruise Cash/Photo, to buy pictures, Cruise Cash Bar/ for use to pay charges for bar/coffee shop purchases, and General cruise cash, which can be applied to any on-board expenses. Some TA's provide Cruise Cash as incentives for booking. Since the Cruise Cash/Bar can only be used for drinks, you'd need to apply a CC or cash on your Sign/Sail card to cover gratuities and other on board expenses. Hopefully, that explanation helps.

You don't need anything but a credit card for your ship account. Some people choose to bring cash or cruise cash/gift cards but it is unnecessary.

For us Cruise Cash is something we get before the cruise to reduce the hit to the credit card. I always set up a budget for different purchase categories with bar service being one of the larger items, so buying some Cruise Cash Bar for that isn't too risky. Of course the trick is not to buy more than what one can use since Cruise Cash is not refundable.

I plan on doing some Cruise Cash. I like everything paid pretty much when I go on vacation.