Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jpc763

2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

Recommended Posts

Breakaway as of 9-day sailing beginning on September 5, 2018.

 

HD - Mario Markovic

 

Ass't HD - Evangelos Markozannes & Dia Ambida (recently promoted)

 

F&B Director - Shailendra Sawant

 

Exec housekeeper - Olden Forbes

 

CD - Roberto De Pasquale (leaving for vacation end of cruise)

 

Guest Service Manager - Gina Yunzal

 

Exec Chef - Kevin Green

 

Rest Manager - Furtosa Gonsalves

 

Bev Manager - Petrus Emilaire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know who the Captain on Breakaway is or who it will be in November (specifically over Thanksgiving)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone know who the Captain on Breakaway is or who it will be in November (specifically over Thanksgiving)?

 

Have you joined our roll call yet? We also have a slot pull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you joined our roll call yet? We also have a slot pull.

 

Yep. Already there and signed up for the Meet & Greet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Breakaway as of 9-day sailing beginning on September 5, 2018.

 

HD - Mario Markovic

 

Ass't HD - Evangelos Markozannes & Dia Ambida (recently promoted)

 

F&B Director - Shailendra Sawant

 

Exec housekeeper - Olden Forbes

 

CD - Roberto De Pasquale (leaving for vacation end of cruise)

 

Guest Service Manager - Gina Yunzal

 

Exec Chef - Kevin Green

 

Rest Manager - Furtosa Gonsalves

 

Bev Manager - Petrus Emilaire

Re: Breakaway

 

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago so thanks for the update. Since then though I've been able to find out

some of these may be changing soon. For example, on Oct. 27 repo the HD is supposed to be Vuk and different F & B as well (not Sawant).

 

Looks like from your list CD will shift as well. Anyone know? How about Concierge?

 

Did not know Did had been promoted to AHD.

 

Captain Dan will be on so for EMBFlyer, no idea if he will still be on for your Nov. sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re: Breakaway

 

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago so thanks for the update. Since then though I've been able to find out

some of these may be changing soon. For example' date=' on Oct. 27 repo the HD is supposed to be Vuk and different F & B as well (not Sawant).

 

Looks like from your list CD will shift as well. Anyone know? How about Concierge?

 

Did not know Did had been promoted to AHD.

 

Captain Dan will be on so for EMBFlyer, no idea if he will still be on for your Nov. sailing.[/quote']

 

If anyone can get an update after the TA, it would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the forums are now back up and open.

It seems that they are in "normal" order, with post #1 being first and going down.

This makes it hard.  I liked the most recent on page one in reverse order.

Anyone know if thee is a way to change the order?

This is a step BACKWARDS - in my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

So the forums are now back up and open.

It seems that they are in "normal" order, with post #1 being first and going down.

This makes it hard.  I liked the most recent on page one in reverse order.

Anyone know if thee is a way to change the order?

This is a step BACKWARDS - in my humble opinion.

I agree.  I gave up.  Not worth the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I have to get to the most recent is go to the last page and for now look for anything AFTER October 9, since that was the "down date" for CC, but later it might be cumbersome to identify "last read"... yeah, I miss that feature too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DMH15 said:

The way I have to get to the most recent is go to the last page and for now look for anything AFTER October 9, since that was the "down date" for CC, but later it might be cumbersome to identify "last read"... yeah, I miss that feature too.

LOL!!!  First time I have quoted myself!!!

 

I just learned that all you have to do is click on the blue dot next to the Thread title in the list.  Viola!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DMH15 said:

LOL!!!  First time I have quoted myself!!!

 

I just learned that all you have to do is click on the blue dot next to the Thread title in the list.  Viola!!!

Once you are in the thread there is no blue dot.  What I would like to see is threads back to the old way - newest post first on page #1 and all posts are in reverse order.  No need to go to last page.  Much easier.  I hope CC is listening.  Thanks for all of their hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 6:51 AM, Pmcnulty said:

Hi all,

Have seen it asked but not answered a few times so fingers crossed.

Anyone know who is on Sun at the moment?

Phil

I'd like to know more . about the SUN officers.

HD is the ever wonderful Brian Walters

Restaurant Manager is the magnificent Mihaela (better known as Mickie)

I believe the Concierge is named Yahira - I don't know this one.

Any more names would be great.

We're sailing on October 30 for 13 days - to Cuba, 1/2 Panama Canal and Caribbean.

Check the roll call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

I agree.  I gave up.  Not worth the hassle.

Recommend that the CC format revert to the previous format as quickly as possible. Way to go, CC! Take something that folks like and use and alter it into ‘this’. Difficult to believe. Guess some may like it...but...this is one way to reduce site usage...IMO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, EMBFlyer said:
snorklin said:
Re: Breakaway

 

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago so thanks for the update. Since then though I've been able to find out

some of these may be changing soon. For example' date=' on Oct. 27 repo the HD is supposed to be Vuk and different F & B as well (not Sawant).

 

Looks like from your list CD will shift as well. Anyone know? How about Concierge?

 

Did not know Did had been promoted to AHD.

 

Captain Dan will be on so for EMBFlyer, no idea if he will still be on for your Nov. sailing.[/quote']

 

If anyone can get an update after the TA, it would be greatly appreciated!

Just back from the Breakaway TA yesterday.  Here's the list:

Captain:  Mateo Candrlic

Chief Engineer:  Zoran Posa 

Staff Captain:  Viktor Vranic 

Hotel Director:  Vuk Malobabic

Asst HD:  Dia Ambida

Cruise Director:  Dan Dan

Food and Beverage:  Joao Gigante

Chief Officer:  Marco Spingardi 

Executive Housekeeper:  Olden Forbes

Executive Chef:  Kevin Green

Guess Service Mgr:  Gina Yunzal

Concierge:  Virginia Brotherton (she was awesome)

I was in the Haven and our Butler was Choi and Room Steward was Roy, and both were excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, liz13 said:

Just back from the Breakaway TA yesterday.  Here's the list:

Captain:  Mateo Candrlic

Chief Engineer:  Zoran Posa 

Staff Captain:  Viktor Vranic 

Hotel Director:  Vuk Malobabic

Asst HD:  Dia Ambida

Cruise Director:  Dan Dan

Food and Beverage:  Joao Gigante

Chief Officer:  Marco Spingardi 

Executive Housekeeper:  Olden Forbes

Executive Chef:  Kevin Green

Guess Service Mgr:  Gina Yunzal

Concierge:  Virginia Brotherton (she was awesome)

I was in the Haven and our Butler was Choi and Room Steward was Roy, and both were excellent.

Thank you!  I was told in another forum that it would be Captain Dan and Bowen would be the Concierge.  Do you know how long Captain Mateo has been onboard?  Did he just join for the TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EMBFlyer said:

Thank you!  I was told in another forum that it would be Captain Dan and Bowen would be the Concierge.  Do you know how long Captain Mateo has been onboard?  Did he just join for the TA?

Not sure how long Captain Mateo has been onboard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crown Vic said:

Recommend that the CC format revert to the previous format as quickly as possible. Way to go, CC! Take something that folks like and use and alter it into ‘this’. Difficult to believe. Guess some may like it...but...this is one way to reduce site usage...IMO...

 

 

As I've mentioned before, I totally agree - and you said it so well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

I'd like to know more . about the SUN officers.

HD is the ever wonderful Brian Walters

Restaurant Manager is the magnificent Mihaela (better known as Mickie)

I believe the Concierge is named Yahira - I don't know this one.

Any more names would be great.

We're sailing on October 30 for 13 days - to Cuba, 1/2 Panama Canal and Caribbean.

Check the roll call.

Love to hear more when you get back from that trip.
I am on the Dec22 out of Santiago.

Judy... you were on our Dubai to Venice last year, weren't you? The one Duncan made the facebook page for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pmcnulty said:

Love to hear more when you get back from that trip.
I am on the Dec22 out of Santiago.

Judy... you were on our Dubai to Venice last year, weren't you? The one Duncan made the facebook page for.

 

HI,   Yes, I was on the Dubai to Venice trip and loved it - except that Duncan didn't get to go.   I recognize you!  We had a great time didn't we!  

This trip should be fun.  We haven't done the Panama Canal for many years & our first visit was from LA to Miami.  

Is this upcoming cruise your first to South America?  In the spring of 2017, we sailed on the SUN from San Pedro, CA to Santiago & then B2B on to Buenos Aires.  It was right up there as best cruise ever - and maybe even better than the Suez Canal.  I hope you are sailing to BA and I hope you allowed time to visit BA.  We stayed 4 days and found it to be one of our very favorite cities.  We took a plane to Iguazu Falls while we were there.  Breathtaking.  Email me if you want info . judydonie  at . yahoo.  (in the correct form)

Judy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@source's question raises an interesting perspective.  What if NCL stopped assigning "Ships" to continents and started assigning "Crews: to continents.  Example: Any update o n the Officers assigned to Australia this season?  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uniall said:

@source's question raises an interesting perspective.  What if NCL stopped assigning "Ships" to continents and started assigning "Crews: to continents.  Example: Any update o n the Officers assigned to Australia this season?  LOL

I see what you're saying, but I don't think that's what was being asked.  I do think some crew, but mainly officers probably are more popular in some markets/home ports than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, source said:

Any update on the Jewel officers for Australia this season?

 

 

Thanks

You should probably specify when that Australia season for the Jewel is.  If it's more than a couple of months away, it is way too soon to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...