2018 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc

jpc763

1 minute ago, EMBFlyer said:

What is wrong with Captain Matko?  Just sailed with him and found him to be a competent sailor.

He’s the one who sailed Breakaway right into the bomb cyclone last New Years cruise and risked the lives of every single person onboard. 

1 minute ago, cot427 said:

He’s the one who sailed Breakaway right into the bomb cyclone last New Years cruise and risked the lives of every single person onboard. 

And you got your maritime training and experience at.....

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, EMBFlyer said:

And you got your maritime training and experience at.....

I'm allowed to be critical of someone in charge of sailing a ship, flying a plane, driving a car, if they put people in danger and/or if I don't like what they are doing. I will never understand why people blindly defend cruise lines/personnel/etc., especially on here. It baffles my mind. 

Just off of the Breakaway on December 16.

Officers were:

Vuk Malobabic - HD

Dia Ambida - Asst HD

Joao Gigante - F & B  (wil be HD as of Dec 16 while Vuk is on vacation)

Carmencita Reid - Exec Housekeeping

Armen Petrossian - CD

Charlin Laurente - Guest Services Mgr

Angelito Santos - Exec Chef

Furtoso Gonsalves - Restaurant Mgr

Adela Toskic - Bev Mgr

The Awesome Bowen was our Concierge.  

We had an awesome cruise!!

Officers were always around the ship and visible.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:02 AM, cot427 said:

I'm allowed to be critical of someone in charge of sailing a ship, flying a plane, driving a car, if they put people in danger and/or if I don't like what they are doing. I will never understand why people blindly defend cruise lines/personnel/etc., especially on here. It baffles my mind. 

No, you can't!  You can't because you're not qualified to know how the decisions came about.  You weren't there.  You don't know what happened.  You're not trained like a pilot or sailor.  You don't know what goes on up on the bridge or in the cockpit.  Who died and made you the judge of all because you don't like something?

So, no.  No you cannot be critical of something you know NOTHING about!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EMBFlyer said:

No, you can't!  You can't because you're not qualified to know how the decisions came about.  You weren't there.  You don't know what happened.  You're not trained like a pilot or sailor.  You don't know what goes on up on the bridge or in the cockpit.  Who died and made you the judge of all because you don't like something?

Agree to disagree then. Also, don’t tell people what they can and cannot do. You don’t know me either. 

Just now, cot427 said:

Agree to disagree then. Also, don’t tell people what they can and cannot do. You don’t know me either. 

I'm a professional pilot.  We've been taught by our peers not to armchair quarterback the decision of a fellow aviator.  If an incident or accident happens, the first thing I think is "I wasn't there.  I can't possibly know the thought process going through the crew's mind at the time."  It's the professional thing to do.  I use that everywhere.  I wasn't on the bridge when Breakaway went through the storm.  I wasn't on the bridge when Anthem of the Seas went through the storm.  I will NEVER question the decision of those officers during that time because I WASN'T THERE!  I have sailed with Captain Matko and found him to be friendly and professional.  No incidents happened during our cruise.  In fact, I found him to be an excellent ship handler.  The Captain that was onboard during the storm Anthem of the Seas went through is now is command of an Oasis-class ship, so Royal Caribbean didn't have a problem with his actions.  Captain Matko is still holding the command on one of the largest ships in NCL's fleet.  The powers that be must obviously feel he's competent enough to retain command.

You seem to be the only one who has a problem with it.

• Like 1

Just off the Bliss today. Here are the officers from the Cruise Critic sheet:

Jovo Sekulovic -Hotel Director

Jocel Guzman - Assistant Hotel Director

Silas Cook - Cruise Director

Mark Maeling - Food & Beverage Director

Roger Gavankar - Executive Chef

Rogeliza Nanad - Restaurant Manager

Wade Cleophas - Beverage Manager

Ferdinard Fandialan - Executive Housekeeper

Rashida Ramos - Guest Services Manager

Adrian Bica - Haven Concierge

On 12/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, House_Atreides said:

Hi

We also sailed on Star B2B 11/5 till 11/30.

We found Suzana to be awesome.  She was very present to us.  She actually called our suite one day when she did not see me all day to see how I was doing.  She went out of her way to get that personal relationship going.  She is super efficient, perhaps that is why she wasn't "touchy-feely"; she had an awful lot to deal with on the 11/19 cruise.  For sure she was always very friendly with us and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and more.  

We think Suzana is amazing. Give a little and you get a lot in return. Pretty simple really. We wanted peanut MnMs. Ship didn’t have any so she went off the ship on her break to a store and brought us a HUGE bag.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:49 PM, EMBFlyer said:

Agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...