Dates and prices right now? new year pricing?

murph1031

We are searching for a cruise sometime in Sept, Oct or Nov. 2018. We have sailed once with NCL. Looking at the website the selection seems very small, we sail from any of the FLA ports, and the prices seem high right now. For example Port Canaveral is only showing me one cruise and its Thanksgiving week. It is normal for dates to be held back this time of the year and the prices be at the highest right now?

Will more dates come available in the next couple of months and is there any chance prices come down?

The dates by now are pretty much already set... did you check all your filters that only certain cruises are coming up. There should be a decent amount of cruises coming up out of fla ports

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have the same problem. I was looking for NCL or Royal cruise in May 2019. It seems like inventory is VERY limited, or all of the ships sailing out of FL haven't yet been listed. And, the prices seemed to be higher than I anticipated. I was thinking (for 3 people in a balcony) $2,500. It's more like $3,600 - $4,100, depending on cabin location.

May-October is off season for Florida cruises as many ships reposition to Europe and Alaska. Most return in November and are running full schedules by Thanksgiving. Epic is the only NCL ship that sails 7+ day itineraries out of Port Canaveral and it's one of the last to reposition in the fall. Everything for 2018 has been posted for quite some time, so if you aren't seeing it it's because it isn't offered.

August thru October is "prime" hurricane season down in Florida ... where there are usually great last minute prices and good availability of staterooms across many categories - deals to be seized if you have flexible travel plans and/or a day away if driving ... among all major mass lines.

Plus the new typical 120 days (NCL) cancellation policy for 7 day cruises, why not wait for better bundles to come along ... maybe, another tax sales in mid April.

Edited by mking8288