Is the BREAKAWAY OK!!???

caddykid12

We are talking apples and oranges I think. Not disputing damage from the impacted cruise.... Just stating its hard for me to believe the following cruise left with balcony doors missing.... Im sure the ship wasn't full anyway due to off season and flight delay impacts...but they are not going to leave port with a missing balcony door or open outside section with out it being secured/boarded. Lets all try and get on the same page?!
I'm with you, I can't imagine that they would put someone in a cabin with no balcony door. Unless, the passenger went in before the cabin was ready and they were replacing the seals and took the door off for that purpose. Can you imagine the field day the authorities would have if they thought a cruise ship left port without a door on a balcony that someone was going to be staying in.

I'm with you, I can't imagine that they would put someone in a cabin with no balcony door. Unless, the passenger went in before the cabin was ready and they were replacing the seals and took the door off for that purpose. Can you imagine the field day the authorities would have if they thought a cruise ship left port without a door on a balcony that someone was going to be staying in.

That question should be presented to the person who posted the info.

They didn't say they left port with no balcony door. They said they went to O'Sheehans and started enjoying their vacation.

We don't know why the door was missing, but they said it wasn't there when they.got on the ship.

I am sure they can clear up your confusion if you choose to ask them.

My own recent experience on another NCL ship leaves some doubt in my mind about their concerns for correcting problems.

Our cabin had a black mold problem that I reported several times and it took three days to fix. I was told it was reported by the previous occupants. I could have fixed it in,about ten minutes if I had the materials and tools.

Edited by swedish weave

They didn't let them back into the balconies those poor people slept in the atrium. If you were on the ship and felt the force of the winds you would understand why they evacuated their cabins and probably didn't look back let along grab their phone or camera. I spoke to people who lost items the blew out the door.[/quote

I don't recall reading that the cabins were evacuated. I do remember reading that people were asked to stay off of their balconies. Also saw signs, on videos, indicating outside decks were closed.

Edited by sleepless

And how long it would take to heat the cabin to a livable temperature... the temperature never reached 20 degrees on Friday. Morning below 10...

For the life of me I cannot understand why all the NCL naysayers are still here raging. If NCL=BAD then don't book a cruise with them and get on with your life. If you were on the impacted cruise, best to spend your time finding a lawyer or getting therapy or whatever will get you past this terrible trauma.

Perhaps you should take the advice of the tv family that is demanding a full refund for 9 passengers and book Royal Caribbean. However, I wouldn't book any excursions with them, because they like to actually SINK their boats. :eek:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article193612034.html

For the life of me I cannot understand why all the NCL naysayers are still here raging. If NCL=BAD then don't book a cruise with them and get on with your life. If you were on the impacted cruise, best to spend your time finding a lawyer or getting therapy or whatever will get you past this terrible trauma.

Perhaps you should take the advice of the tv family that is demanding a full refund for 9 passengers and book Royal Caribbean. However, I wouldn't book any excursions with them, because they like to actually SINK their boats. :eek:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article193612034.html

Does the cruise line own the tour boat and bus company, or are these the companies that ALL cruise lines use when in port.???

Rather than being the Rashomon effect, it is far more likely that passengers in different parts of the ship had different experiences.

When Asiana's jet crashed upon landing at San Francisco airport, people on the front of the plane got off easily, didn't even think it was a big deal at the instant, and didn't feel a tremendous amount of movement. People towards the middle and rear had very, very different experiences, and some felt the plane had tumbled around. People were seriously injured in the back third of the cabin. People at the very rear died. And that was on a tremendously smaller vehicle than a cruise ship.

Acknowledging that where you were might have affected how it felt would be a kindness and more rational than suggesting that those who felt more motion and who had to crawl to the bathroom or who had water coming leaking in or dividers breaking are exaggerating the severity of the situation compared to those who didn't find it to be problematic at all. Add to that a notable lack of effective communication from the Captain (or his designee) and it isn't surprising that panic set it with a lot of folks.

Hopefully, this captain and senior officers get some training in more effective communications during times like this, and that it becomes part of the training for other crews. More effective communications might have helped significantly reduce the anxiety level and stress.

I respect your opinion, but you are comparing apples to oranges, a Plane crashing is different than a ship with high seas

Rather than being the Rashomon effect, it is far more likely that passengers in different parts of the ship had different experiences.

When Asiana's jet crashed upon landing at San Francisco airport, people on the front of the plane got off easily, didn't even think it was a big deal at the instant, and didn't feel a tremendous amount of movement. People towards the middle and rear had very, very different experiences, and some felt the plane had tumbled around. People were seriously injured in the back third of the cabin. People at the very rear died. And that was on a tremendously smaller vehicle than a cruise ship.

Acknowledging that where you were might have affected how it felt would be a kindness and more rational than suggesting that those who felt more motion and who had to crawl to the bathroom or who had water coming leaking in or dividers breaking are exaggerating the severity of the situation compared to those who didn't find it to be problematic at all. Add to that a notable lack of effective communication from the Captain (or his designee) and it isn't surprising that panic set it with a lot of folks.

Hopefully, this captain and senior officers get some training in more effective communications during times like this, and that it becomes part of the training for other crews. More effective communications might have helped significantly reduce the anxiety level and stress.

And to take your argument the other way, there are a couple of posts here or on the other two threads from folks who were onboard and said there was effective communication.

Still waiting on pics.....room #.....talk is cheap...

Hey, I found what sounds like the source of the igloo-like balcony cabin. It's from the "bring it on" poster earlier.

On her twitter page she posted a video looking out her balcony door onto the balcony. The glass barrier under the handrail has a coating of ice like you might find on your car after freezing rain. No ice on the balcony door itself. A narrow part of the ceiling looks like it has a bit of frozen condensation. It's a small separate pice maybe two inches wide. A washcloth could remove this buildup. "Balcony full of ice, inside and out".

More than a bit of exaggeration,

She also posted the satellite photo of the storm with a sinking ship photo shopped on it. Very credible and very classy.

What would be the reason two (or three) people would make the posts if it didn't happen?? The reason for the third person is there was another post stating similar problems on a thread that was removed.

Let's be logical, OK??

Exaggeration? Hyperbole? Lying? Proving a point?

It has to be true, I read it on the internet.

Hey, I found what sounds like the source of the igloo-like balcony cabin. It's from the "bring it on" poster earlier.

On her twitter page she posted a video looking out her balcony door onto the balcony. The glass barrier under the handrail has a coating of ice like you might find on your car after freezing rain. No ice on the balcony door itself. A narrow part of the ceiling looks like it has a bit of frozen condensation. It's a small separate pice maybe two inches wide. A washcloth could remove this buildup. "Balcony full of ice, inside and out".

More than a bit of exaggeration,

She also posted the satellite photo of the storm with a sinking ship photo shopped on it. Very credible and very classy.

Wow...Some people just won't let things go..... Now the exageration games begin. But its fun to shake them down and have them prove their point and when they try (like reported above).... its a "big nothing"

Wow...Some people just won't let things go..... Now the exageration games begin. But its fun to shake them down and have them prove their point and when they try (like reported above).... its a "big nothing"

Anyone ever think she was assigned one of the cabins that the door broke in the storm and there was an error that they didn't re- assign her another cabin? Errors happen, I have a note that thanked me for sailing on the NCL SUN and I was on the BA. Y'all are calling her a liar when it could have been a mistake. I feel that some of you are so jaded you cannot have one bit of compassion for what the people went through that night. I never asked for a refund only answers as to why we sailed into such bad seas? I always thought they had ways and means to avoid storms especially those that were predicted !

this is why i prefer inside cabins.

Ppl scoff and look down on inside cruisers, but i am always concerned of water flooding my stateroom. doors are only plastic, rubber, and glass, which degrades and doesn't do much against big waves and strong winds.

On QM2 in 2012 OH and myself had an inside cabin, yet it still flooded!

One cabin over was the laundry room and something burst in there, and the resulting water fall gradually made its way through the adjoining cabins.

Freaked me out no end to wake up to a wet floor! :o

Anyone ever think she was assigned one of the cabins that the door broke in the storm and there was an error that they didn't re- assign her another cabin? Errors happen, I have a note that thanked me for sailing on the NCL SUN and I was on the BA. Y'all are calling her a liar when it could have been a mistake. I feel that some of you are so jaded you cannot have one bit of compassion for what the people went through that night. I never asked for a refund only answers as to why we sailed into such bad seas? I always thought they had ways and means to avoid storms especially those that were predicted !

She posted a video that was a big nothing and claimed her balcony was full of ice, which it clearly was not. She posted a cartoon image of a sinking ship. She is hardly a victim but seeks personal attention.

She posted a video that was a big nothing and claimed her balcony was full of ice, which it clearly was not. She posted a cartoon image of a sinking ship. She is hardly a victim but seeks personal attention.

My balcony had ice inside at the balcony door as were many others, most of us a the very least had to place towels at the bottom of the balcony doors and they were soaked.