Navigator of the seas drydock

i just booked the 9 night southern Caribbean cruise for March 12, 2019. This will be my first time on navigator and to the abc islands. I am very excited. I was looking to see when she will be going into drydock. I looked through the threads and keep getting different answers. Someone said January 2019. For 47 days. Another site said 2018 with oasis features. Whatever that means. Does anybody know? Also I'm booked in September of this year for oasis. And some post said oasis is due this year. Can't seem to find anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also considering booking this cruise. Price looks good and the time of year & the itinerary makes me strongly consider it. Curious about it's dry dock as it's not the traditional 2 week. This looks like a 30+ day dry dock for the Navigator.

My bet is a technical dry dock (standard marine maintenance below the waterline) plus new technology related to Project Excalibur. Eliminating the CL and creating an SL should be expected on all ships of course.

The website references a "bow to stern upgrade" but knowing RCI marketing that could be in reference to 2014 and 4 weeks isn't a lot of time for a complete bow to stern upgrade.

We heard that they will be adding staterooms and possibly moving the Concierge Lounge to deck 14.

I hope adding cabins is not true. I thought I read they added some cabins in the past already where a nightclub used to be located. It was extremely difficult to find a table in Windjammer when we did the ABC itinerary a couple of months ago on Navigator. Very tough navigating the indoor promenade also with crowds. Our favorite bar in the Viking Club Lounge closed early to accommodate all the Diamond members onboard.

The ship was in great shape though. Ports were really a refreshing change from the Eastern and Western routes. I will say that 9 nights was a little too long for me though. Maybe will do a longer than a 7 night cruise in the future on a smaller ship with a higher per passenger space ratio.

Possibly, they are moving the current CL to the Card room across from the current DL. The totally indoor space formally occupied by the CL would become interior staterooms.

A big question is if the DL will be renamed CL and the new lounge will be named SL?

We so remember the days when D's, due to abundance...we booted out the CL. Back then, it was a total boot with no free drink coupons. Now, it seems that there are so many D's that the DL's are packed and overflowing. Needless to say...RCI needs to respond to the conditions and if so, once again, not everyone will be happy.

We heard that they will be adding staterooms and possibly moving the Concierge Lounge to deck 14.

This would be lovely considering how stuffy and cramped the current one is. Oh and don’t get me started on that weird cat pee smell in there [emoji15]

This would be lovely considering how stuffy and cramped the current one is. Oh and don’t get me started on that weird cat pee smell in there [emoji15]

Yes, there is some weird smell in the Concierge Lounge on the Navigator.

Replacing the CL with a SL on Deck 14 may be a bit of a issue . Izumi is in the same spot as the card room is on Adventure. Royal would not replace a pay restruant with a suite lounge unless Izumi can re relocated in to the old CL spot. I am sure it is too small for it

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Navigator yesterday. She is BADLY in need of refurbishment. Seats falling apart in theatre, upholstery torn, dirty and ragged upholstery everywhere, elevator buttons broken, most don't light, broken chairs in library, carpet worn. However, we had a great time. Worst waiter in HISTORY (Sweedon)