Jump to content

Sabatini's breakfast menu


kangforpres
 Share

Recommended Posts

Am I the only one that thinks ordering off the menu is a bit pretentious? I mean, if you have a dietary restriction, that is different. Assuming because you are a full suite guest (and I’ve been one on a couple of princess ships now) that you are entitled to request anything you like is well, acting entitled. I guess I just consider how hard everyone works on the ship and I’m pretty happy with what’s on the menu. 

 

Not meaning to cal anyone out or offend, just giving a different perspective is all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Am I the only one that thinks ordering off the menu is a bit pretentious? I mean, if you have a dietary restriction, that is different. Assuming because you are a full suite guest (and I’ve been one on a couple of princess ships now) that you are entitled to request anything you like is well, acting entitled. I guess I just consider how hard everyone works on the ship and I’m pretty happy with what’s on the menu. 

 

Not meaning to cal anyone out or offend, just giving a different perspective is all. 

No, I do not think it is a bit pretentious.

The attractiveness of the Suite breakfast is that it is very small group with outstanding service.  It has a feel of your own private dining room.  It has it’s own kitchen and it would not be practical to list all the possible items that are available.  My wife likes grits occasionally.  Whatever we order is usually available somewhere on the ship. Ordering items not listed on the Standard menu is always encouraged.

I view it more like I paid for an extra level of service.  Some cruise ships even advertise their special suite dining rooms as being able to provide you off menu items upon request.  I think this is because they have their own kitchen.  They always appreciate a days notice.

i do not want you to think I order very many non standard items, because I do not.  My DW and I are low maintenance and very appreciative.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

No, I do not think it is a bit pretentious.

The attractiveness of the Suite breakfast is that it is very small group with outstanding service.  It has a feel of your own private dining room.  It has it’s own kitchen and it would not be practical to list all the possible items that are available.  My wife likes grits occasionally.  Whatever we order is usually available somewhere on the ship. Ordering items not listed on the Standard menu is always encouraged.

I view it more like I paid for an extra level of service.  Some cruise ships even advertise their special suite dining rooms as being able to provide you off menu items upon request.  I think this is because they have their own kitchen.  They always appreciate a days notice.

i do not want you to think I order very many non standard items, because I do not.  My DW and I are low maintenance and very appreciative.

 

How do you know that ordering non-standard items not on the menu is encouraged? I’ve never been told that or offered something different. Again, no offense meant...tone is so hard to attain on written word. I’m genuinely curious where this information comes from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Am I the only one that thinks ordering off the menu is a bit pretentious? 

Likely not. But why does someone doing so appear to bother you?

 

I mean, if you have a dietary restriction, that is different. Assuming because you are a full suite guest (and I’ve been one on a couple of princess ships now) that you are entitled to request anything you like is well, acting entitled.

en·ti·tled
 
adjective
 
  1. believing oneself to be deserving of privileges or special treatment.
    image.png.09db0d81fb296b95f6ac1801007b2875.png
  

 I guess I just consider how hard everyone works on the ship and I’m pretty happy with what’s on the menu. 

They get paid for their efforts and are incentivised by gratuities. 

 

Not meaning to cal anyone out or offend, just giving a different perspective is all. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2018 at 12:17 AM, dipsey2 said:

Can anyone have breakfast at sabatinis? We are on the Regal oct 13th balcony sounds delicious!! We just usually go to the buffet

My husband and I think the MDR is very good.  I love Eggs Benedict and it isn't on the menu and one time a waiter overheard me saying to my husband that I wonder if they ever have it on the menu and he came over and said that it wasn't a problem at all to order it and quite a few people do so in the MDR.  So, ever since then I order it even though it isn't usually on the menu, and it has never been a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

 

How do you know that ordering non-standard items not on the menu is encouraged? I’ve never been told that or offered something different. Again, no offense meant...tone is so hard to attain on written word. I’m genuinely curious where this information comes from. 

No offense taken.

I cruise on Celebrity as well as Princess, so I might be confused.  I am confident that I have been offered and verbally encouraged to order what I want at Specialty Restaurant breakfast.  There are seldom very many people having breakfast.

On Celebrity this particular benefit is not as intimate and special because it is held in the Luminae.  (Which is for dinner as well).  On Celebrity it is marketed as providing special items and preparation.

 

Enjoy the experience is whatever way is more comfortable for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Hi , I have just come across this post and wondering if anyone knows if this speciality breakfast is for suite only customers or if mini suite have access also?

 

We have just booked a suite on Sky Princess for a 3 night staycation in UK , as we will still be abiding by social distance rules wondering what capacity could be like if all suite and mini suite have access , that's presuming they are aware of Sabatini's , presuming many could bevfirst time cruisers and not work it out in 3 days onboard or could go other way and they research everything !!

 

I know the capacity will be reduced but can't find anywhere by how much .....thinkng the inside cabins could have been removed ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, snnc2005 said:

Hi , I have just come across this post and wondering if anyone knows if this speciality breakfast is for suite only customers or if mini suite have access also?

 

We have just booked a suite on Sky Princess for a 3 night staycation in UK , as we will still be abiding by social distance rules wondering what capacity could be like if all suite and mini suite have access , that's presuming they are aware of Sabatini's , presuming many could bevfirst time cruisers and not work it out in 3 days onboard or could go other way and they research everything !!

 

I know the capacity will be reduced but can't find anywhere by how much .....thinkng the inside cabins could have been removed ?

Breakfast in Sabatinis is only for full suite passengers. minisuites are  not included.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Breakfast in Sabatinis is only for full suite passengers. minisuites are  not included.

Thanks so much for quick reply, sounds like a good perk !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, snnc2005 said:

I know the capacity will be reduced but can't find anywhere by how much .....thinkng the inside cabins could have been removed ?

Initial sailings,  according to the Carnival broker briefing, will be sailing at around 50% capacity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Initial sailings,  according to the Carnival broker briefing, will be sailing at around 50% capacity. 

Thank you.....I knew if I asked someone would know ☺

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That 50% capacity is part of the unease of the restart of cruising.  Who gets bumped to a future cruise is the next item on the list once cruising resumes.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

That 50% capacity is part of the unease of the restart of cruising.  Who gets bumped to a future cruise is the next item on the list once cruising resumes.  

Per my PVP they are not booking 100% at the present so nobody would be bumped to a future cruise.  I had the same concern

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

That 50% capacity is part of the unease of the restart of cruising.  Who gets bumped to a future cruise is the next item on the list once cruising resumes.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Suite breakfast is offered every morning, except dis-embarkation day.  You may still order a hot breakfast from the MDR kitchen (between 7:30-8 when you are requested to leave your cabin).  I choose to do Club Class breakfast on the last morning and enjoy the leisure time rather than rushing out of the stateroom.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Suite breakfast is offered every morning, except dis-embarkation day.  You may still order a hot breakfast from the MDR kitchen (between 7:30-8 when you are requested to leave your cabin).  I choose to do Club Class breakfast on the last morning and enjoy the leisure time rather than rushing out of the stateroom.

 

 

I'm my last cruise on the Regal suite breakfast in Sabatinis was offered on dis-embarkation morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 4:52 AM, snnc2005 said:

Thanks so much for quick reply, sounds like a good perk !

It is indeed a lovely perk, I'd go so far as to label it my favorite suite perk.  After reading the thread I'll chime in on a couple of other points.

 

As for requests beyond the menu, the suite host on several cruises encouraged us to "speak up if we would like anything else".  I asked for avocado for an omelette and from the following morning forward they always had a few on hand.  I didn't feel the least bit uneasy making this request and expect the host would have said 'no' if it had been unreasonable.  Likewise, DW loves a chocolate croissant, these come on alternate mornings.  A simple request to have one every morning was executed with joy.  Reasonable requests will undoubtedly be honored.

 

As for breakfast on disembarkation morning.  Generally, in the past, suite breakfast was not offered.  However on our most recent sailing in a suite (Grand I believe) we were told that suite breakfast would be offered as usual in Crown Grill with an early start time of (I think) 6:00AM and a finish time of (I think) 8:30.  Not sure this was the 'norm' even then, but it did happen at least once.  As with all things Princess details vary ship to ship and even sailing to sailing so . . .

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 6:55 AM, kitty2264 said:

We are looking forward to our first full suite experience on the Enchanted in November.

 

Welcome to the suite life!   We are also in a suite on the Enchanted in November.  One wonderful perk is the Concierge Lounge for suite passengers.  Be sure to check it out once on board.  

 

Jan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 6:45 AM, paul929207 said:

Breakfast in Sabatinis is only for full suite passengers. minisuites are  not included.

Nerd here, chiming in:

  • Suite: Yes
  • Window Suite: Yes
  • Mini Suite: No
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 7:52 AM, snnc2005 said:

Thanks so much for quick reply, sounds like a good perk !

 

good point someone wrote about asking for things on the menu. i never thought of that and when i went the 1st time i was so disappointed i never went back . the OJ was undrinkable and the menu food selection was not my taste

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

 

good point someone wrote about asking for things on the menu. i never thought of that and when i went the 1st time i was so disappointed i never went back . the OJ was undrinkable and the menu food selection was not my taste

 

Much depends on the head waiter manning the suite breakfast.  Within reason requests:  Avocados, salsa/pico de Gallo, all one type of fruit platter, omelet with everything.  Special order:  cowboy steak when it is served in the MDR, crab omelet (50-50 chance of this happening), haven't tried asking for lobster.  I bring my own "sugar donut" when I find it in the IC.  Some success in asking for a latte to go (no foam/decaf).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2018 at 10:19 PM, partybarbie said:

I would suggest trying the Belgian waffle with sliced fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and powdered sugar on top. When I first started cruising, I would order this every morning in the MDR. Times have changed.

Wow!! I remember having that for breakfast myself 😋

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...