"Live" From the Jewel of the Seas 01-08-06

Radio

Radio. Can't wait to read all your reports. We just got off her on 12/17 and seeing your pics makes me wish I was still there. We were docked next to the Grandeur in Costa Maya. Took a pic of the big dent in the side of the Grandeur.

Radio, when we were on the Brilliance they expanded the Concierge Lounge up to deck 13 in the Club area near the rock climbing wall in the evening because of the smallness of the regular concierge lounge. Do they do that on the Jewel as well? I liked the lounge on 13 much better. It certainly had more room!

Garry

I will have to say that I am disappointed that RCI has decided not to build any more Radiance Class Ships...The layout and facilities are awesome.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Radio. I began a poll on this thread, and most voted in favour of RCCI building more Radiance-class ships.

On another note, I love your reports and photos. Enjoy your cruise.

Hello Radio....you have tons of followers so add me to the group....I was on Jewel in Nov. with Weary (thanks Weary, for directing me here!!) and Nomie and I'm feeling their excitement right along with you! I've been on Brilliance and Radiance but this last time on the Jewel just took my heart away...I just love her the best! Let us know who you have for your waiter in the dining room too! We're all so nosey!

Weary....was it Betty that was getting off of Jewel when we did for her 3 months off? She was so nice but looking forward to the break and seeing her family and going to school while she was home. Now I'm curious and I'll have to ask Jack.

Radio, have an awesome cruise....we're ALL looking forward to it!

Diane

Radio, when we were on the Brilliance they expanded the Concierge Lounge up to deck 13 in the Club area near the rock climbing wall in the evening because of the smallness of the regular concierge lounge. Do they do that on the Jewel as well? I liked the lounge on 13 much better. It certainly had more room!

Garry

Hi Garry....The only lounge that is open is the on on Deck 10...I will check to see if they have opened a new on though.... I want to sail the Brilliance next !

Radio

;)

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Radio. I began a poll on this thread, and most voted in favour of RCCI building more Radiance-class ships. another note, I love your reports and photos. Enjoy your cruise.

I think I saw the poll you posted....It seemed that people loved the Radiance Class Ships...

Radio

;)

Hello everyone...as we are approaching Key West , I now have a VZW signal again.

Just a comment "Is RCI doing away with "Half & Half" ? I can't find it on the ship anywhere ! There is none in the Concierge Lounge, Windjammer, or even the Coffee Shop....Grrrrrrr

I made a Reservation for Chop's tonight....This ought to be wonderful.

Here are a couple pics of the Ships that joined us in Port Everglades.

Today will be a short day in Key West...we have to be on board by 2:30 PM. Today's should be nice weather. The forecast is sunny and 76f.

Radio

Mediterranea

55281967-69da-02000180-.jpg

Costa Mediterranea

55281966-c43b-0200016B-.jpg

Infinity, Mediterannia, and Magica

55281968-ee13-02000180-.jpg

.Westerdam

55282192-8163-02000153-.jpg

Infinity Leaving Port Everglades, we followed behind her.

55282184-cd6b-02000180-.jpg

This is wonderful for us........we will be on Jewel the 28th (Eastern). Enjoying your review so far.....and the pics are fantastic. Could you please let us know if the ship changes time with the ports......or stays on EST the whole trip? Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!!!!! :)

This is wonderful for us........we will be on Jewel the 28th (Eastern). Enjoying your review so far.....and the pics are fantastic. Could you please let us know if the ship changes time with the ports......or stays on EST the whole trip? Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!!!!! :)

We were told to set our clocks back 1 Hour last night. I suppose that this will stay the same until we leave Georgetown, Grand Cayman.

I am not sure how it is handled for the Eastern itinerary...

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks for the pictures, makes us all kinda feel like we are all there with you. I see you are from Maryland, I live in Virginia. I too was on The Jewel with Weary, Nomie and Diane this past October. What a great time we had, 12 nights repo from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale. Well, you have fun and we love your reports and updates. Patricia

yeah i did find that with the half and half Radio! hope you have enuff time in Key West this morning and dont take away from your cruise just to appease us :D We're there in spirit with you and just are envious as hell. I guess living vicariously thru you our Christmas comes a little later this year. Keep up the good work and have a ball..

Radio -- do you know if this is Captain Thor's last cruise before he goes on vacation. The list of Captains on the RCCL board has Captain McDonald taking commmand on Jan. 14. The thread on the cruise directors had Simeon Baker for our cruise (1/14) just as you said.

Hi Radio, thanks so much for your report, makes us feel like we are right there with you!

I'm the one that asked about Wifi. I was wondering if you did get that Cybercabin working? Is that what you are talking about being the slow speed?

I'm going next month on the Explorer and plan to use the Wifi, even though I've heard it doesn't work well in the cabin (only specific places on the ship).

I was just wondering if you had talked to anyone on the ship that is using WiFi? Just curious, as to the speed.

Enjoy your cruise, and don't worry about answering my question until you return. Have a wonderful time! (We are so jealous, especially after seeing that wonderful shot of Key West!)

Hello Everyone...Today was a great day in Key West. It was sunny and warm...but not the 90 plus temps I have been used to. Today was much better.

I have been to KW many times...so I walked around and shopped for about 4 hours, It was very pleasant, and lots of people today. There were 3 other ships in KW today. The Costa Mediterrania, Seven Seas Mariner, and the World was at anchor.

Tonight is the Magic show with Drew Thomas, and the Welcome Aboard reception with the Captain (Formal Night).Battle of the Sexes is also tonight in the Safari Club, and Tribute to the 70's in the Vortex.

Connection has been terrible so i hope to post a few pics with this post, but we'll see what happens.

Tomorrow is Cozumel, and I am concerned of what I will see since Wilma devastated the island. There are tons of excursion there tomorrow. The Piers have all been destrowed, but I heard we will Tender in to where the International Pier was....

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

55287573-985b-02000180-.jpg

55287527-576d-02000180-.jpg

Tribute to the 70's is the one night we closed the Vortex at 4:00 a.m. :D

I would love to be sitting at one of those tables having a cocktail....heavy sigh

Thank you sooo much for taking the time out of your vacation to post for us.

Thank you from a cold and wet Scotland. We are counting the days (just over 50 now) till we are on the jewel, and lucky to be doing a B2B on her. Just reading your report and looking at your great photos...has me sooooooo excited.

Thank you for taking the time from your Vacation to do this for all of us fellow Jewellers, I for one really appreciate it. I look forward to the next instalment.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and happy and safe sailings.

Happycruzer

Radio....Great pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing.....you made my day....I actually was thinking about it and anxious to get home and on the computer to see what you had posted! Weary, I agree exactly with your post. Patricia, hello to you and Nomie too!

Radio....when I was in Cozumel and Grand Cayman last Jan. about this time, Cayman had been hit by the hurricane that fall and it was so sad to see but things were building up so fast. But this one that hit Cozumel was much bigger and I just can't imagine that pier gone...I've seen some photos and it's so sad, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you post tomorrow and how they're doing there.

And, the half and half....I hunted for that and it's tough to find....usually in the morning in the Windjammer but that's it....and it makes a difference! I kept coming upon that container of warm milk.....ick!!!:p And the coffee later on at night in the Windjammer area, was always awful....people kept looking for good stuff but it was never there....that's probably my only disappointment. I found on the Radiance it wasn't that bad.

Diane

Radio,order some coffee in your cabin for the morning and write in half and half. Like 12 of them. You should get it. We ordered coffee and muffins most mornings and then went up to the buffet if we felt like it. Just love the pics. Hi Din and Patricia and Weary!

Archived