oakvillemom

National Aviary of Columbia

Does anyone know if there is a gift store at the aviary? Also would be interested in whether you enjoyed the aviary.

MJ

Actually visited there last week. We really enjoyed the birds. It was really hot but we had lots of time to explore and take pictures. We stopped along the trail for a drink at a little snack bar.

Thank you all for sharing your comments. We plan to visit here in December while in port and are excited about doing this excursion.

Actually visited there last week. We really enjoyed the birds. It was really hot but we had lots of time to explore and take pictures. We stopped along the trail for a drink at a little snack bar.

How did you get there? Did you take a tour?

How did you get there? Did you take a tour?

Yes we did through the ship was the only tour offered.

MJ

Thank you, I was hoping there was a private tour. It is quite expensive through the ship. Did you also see the mini zoo at the pier? Just wondering if it compares at all.

Thank you, I was hoping there was a private tour. It is quite expensive through the ship. Did you also see the mini zoo at the pier? Just wondering if it compares at all.

Doesn't really compare. We had been to Cartagena the year before so had seen the city. Took the tour from the ship because it was a fair way out of the city and if you are a ship tour and are late they wait for you. we had no trouble getting back in time though and had time to shop at the store by the pier. My husband got some fantastic pictures.

Thanks, we will still consider the ship tour, since it is my DH birthday.