CambsCruiser82

Slightly OT: Restaurants in Southampton

Apologies for the off topic query.

We’re travelling down the day before our QV cruise (France and Spain) in April and we were wondering what restaurants you would recommend when in Southampton the evening before your cruise?

I recommend The Jetty at the Southampton Harbour Hotel for a quality evening meal. We loved the HarBAR on the top floor of the hotel for pre-dinner drinks; it is a great atmosphere. We had a lovely time there prior to our QE Christmas cruise.

https://www.southampton-harbour-hotel.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apologies for the off topic query. We’re travelling down the day before our QV cruise (France and Spain) in April and we were wondering what restaurants you would recommend when in Southampton the evening before your cruise?
There is wide choice on Oxford St around the White Star Hotel/Bar/Restaurant (which I love). Have a look on Google Streetview.

(Not that it is important, but the street is close to the Dock Gate).

I always look in Oxford St because of the great choice, all close to each other.

Bon Voyage! :-)

Edited by pepperrn

I would agree the Jetty at the new Southampton Harbour Hotel is pretty good. There is also Oxfords in Oxford St, Ennios (Italian), or if you like Indian - Katie’s in Oxford St is good as well.

Apologies for the off topic query.

We’re travelling down the day before our QV cruise (France and Spain) in April and we were wondering what restaurants you would recommend when in Southampton the evening before your cruise?

Do you wish to spoil yourself? Take the tasting menu with wine at Quay15. Do it at least once.

Edited by Host Hattie

We don't usually stay in Southampton itself but we had a nice meal at the Oxford Brasserie on Oxford Street as peppern suggested.

I recommend The Jetty at the Southampton Harbour Hotel for a quality evening meal. We loved the HarBAR on the top floor of the hotel for pre-dinner drinks; it is a great atmosphere. We had a lovely time there prior to our QE Christmas cruise.

https://www.southampton-harbour-hotel.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree completely.

Having wondered round Southampton once last year of an evening the most up market place to eat I saw was McDonald's

Perhaps you should have started a thread like this one, then.

if you like Mexican, then there's Chimichangas on Oxford Street.

Now that the new development at West Quay has opened, there are many venues to try.

Many national chains, including, but not limited to

Wahaca

Carluccios

Cabana

CAU

Thaikhun

Pizza Express

Zizzi

https://www.west-quay.co.uk/dining

Having wondered round Southampton once last year of an evening the most up market place to eat I saw was McDonald's
Well I have to suggest you didn't look too hard around your environment nor did any research prior to your visit :)