After the 15 drink limit?

Beachfrog

My DH and I were looking at the drink packages for our Alaskan cruise on HA June, 2019. What is HA's policy if you go over the 15 drink limit? Are you still able to purchase more on your own? If so, would it be beneficial to purchase drink cards or just have the beverages charged to the room? Thanks!

Sorry, I was referring to Carnival's statement for alcoholic beverages. When I told my DH about the limit, he said (joking of course) "what am I supposed to do after lunch?"

From their website:

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

Sorry, I was referring to Carnival's statement for alcoholic beverages. When I told my DH about the limit, he said (joking of course) "what am I supposed to do after lunch?"

From their website:

• Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

Considering that Carnival was limiting it to alcoholic drinks, they do have a point. I'm trying to visualize someone having had that many drinks in that space of time.

A woman asked consumer advocate Christopher Elliott to get involved when Princess set a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day on their alcoholic drink package. Apparently they’d been advertising it as unlimited, and she was furious with the limit. He didn’t get involved...

I would like to point out that the 15 drink limit is for 15 drinks. Not 15 alcoholic drink. This limit includes bottled waters (plain and sparkling), Speciality coffees, sodas and non alcoholic drinks. Many get hung on not being able to drink 15 alcoholic beverages and refuse to even consider the package and then pay by the beverage. Plus you don't have to sort and save a bunch of receipts and argue with the Front desk when you find a bogus charge for drinks you did not make.

Dan

I would like to point out that the 15 drink limit is for 15 drinks. Not 15 alcoholic drink. This limit includes bottled waters (plain and sparkling), Speciality coffees, sodas and non alcoholic drinks. Many get hung on not being able to drink 15 alcoholic beverages and refuse to even consider the package and then pay by the beverage. Plus you don't have to sort and save a bunch of receipts and argue with the Front desk when you find a bogus charge for drinks you did not make.

Dan

I have thought about HA, but I think that we will stick with Celebrity. At our age, we don’t need to count.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. If I had 15 alcoholic drinks, the only place you'd find me is the infirmary!

My cousin “heroically” downed 21 drinks at my wedding in a little over an hour (he was 19 and it was many years ago) to the great annoyance of my father in law; I had a picture of him later that night looking very green and sick. It pretty much cured him of any desire to drink. The wedding picture mysteriously disappeared from our album some time later.

I’ve seen people on cruises pretty much glued to their seats at a bar, but never chugging drinks like that.

Edited by sandbag7
Spelling

Very few people would want to use up any part their 15 drink entitlement on $2 soft drinks rather than the $8 alcoholic beverages for which the purchase the package.

Maybe you do not want to use your 15 drinks on non-alcoholic beverages, but my experience on my recent cruise shows the majority of passengers feel otherwise.

This question was all hypothetical. Fifteen alcoholic drinks, especially at our age, would kill us! :) The answer I was looking for was would HA cut a person off of all alcohol after 15? Which is what Carnival (and maybe other cruise lines) does.

This question was all hypothetical. Fifteen alcoholic drinks, especially at our age, would kill us! :) The answer I was looking for was would HA cut a person off of all alcohol after 15? Which is what Carnival (and maybe other cruise lines) does.

This is actually all the OP wants to know. If, in some instance, someone orders their 16th alcoholic drink in a 24 hour period, do they get cut off or are they allowed to purchase it. The OP isn't saying that he/she wants or will drink 16+ drinks, they just want to know if HAL has a limit like Carnival. That's all. Maybe someone out there has the answer to their question....hopefully.

Here's what I could find - put out by HAL:

Signature Beverage Package.

The package includes a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including nonalcoholic), sodas and coffee, up to 15 beverages (of any kind) a day. The cost is $44.95 per day, per person for the entire sailing and must be purchased on the first or second day of the cruise. A 15 percent service charge is not included in the base price and will be automatically applied to the purchase.

If I drank 15 drinks of any kind in a day I would have to haul a port a potty along with me.

At least you wouldn't have to fight for a bar stool ... But you would have to ensure you didn't just go mad and splash out without a care in the world ... :evilsmile:

Very few people would want to use up any part their 15 drink entitlement on $2 soft drinks rather than the $8 alcoholic beverages for which the purchase the package.

We don't hit the 15 drink limit and actually get a couple of bottles of water daily.

Dan