amsred2

Looking forward to the new late night room service!

I know I'm in the minority here but I am excited for the new room service menu. I have never before ordered between those hours but now, after looking at the new menu, I'm gonna have to start. I used to look at the old menu and those stale, cold (even when they were toasted) sandwiches never looked good. I ordered my first (daytime) room service on my last two trips (AFTER they added the tasty pay-for hot items) and loved wings and fries. Now they have added a few new yummy looking items, including omelettes (YAY) that I will gladly pay for.

I've never ordered from it. If I had gotten hungry, I would just go up and grab me something. I know they had wings before but I had never tried them. I wonder how good they are? I may give 'em a try.

I'm excited too! I always enjoyed the sandwich but I'm super-excited to try some of the hot items!

We're just disappointed that they no longer offer cheesecake after 10pm. That's something I would gladly pay for, ha.

I'm excited too! I always enjoyed the sandwich but I'm super-excited to try some of the hot items!

We're just disappointed that they no longer offer cheesecake after 10pm. That's something I would gladly pay for, ha.

I'm sure they will sell you a slice.

After seeing the menu, I definitely agree! If nothing else, maybe fewer people will be ordering and the food will show up sooner in the late night/early morning hours! I'll happily pay a few bucks for the food to get there faster...

After seeing the menu, it might not be so bad. Does anyone remember the charge after 10 pm??

Karen

After seeing the menu, it might not be so bad. Does anyone remember the charge after 10 pm??

Karen

I don't believe there's a delivery fee - just the cost of the items listed on the menu

Wings! Yum! Only $5! Heck yes I am getting some wings! And service must be quicker than in the past. Banana split anyone? Yes please!!!

Another one. Wanting to see new menu. Leaving next Sunday

we got back yesterday from the fantasy and did not see or know about the new menu! is it on just a few ships or fleet wide.

maybe our room steward didn't leave us one! she was not the best!

I would NOT pay for food when my fare includes meals. Remember when the brochures boasted about 8 "meals" a day and was in the WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR FARE column?

I would NOT pay for food when my fare includes meals. Remember when the brochures boasted about 8 "meals" a day and was in the WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR FARE column?

Room service is not categorized as ordinary meals/food, it is offered as "other" alternatives etc.. It is also not changing for 16 hours of the day, so it is still an option on the ship. Maybe cruising is no longer a vacation that fits your lifestyle or budget as the complaints about this is purely amazing and amounts to whining (about nothing basically).

I suppose you also remember the Titanic, prizes of substance in a box of Cracker Jacks and when full service gas stations were the norm (just to name a few).

Just another geezer whining about “the good old days”.

Many like the OP are looking forward to a revamped room service menu for a variety of obvious reasons that some should put their bifocals on to read about before spouting off about how unethical this change is after having made final payment and can’t cancel (like anyone would, but it does make for excellent pot stirring).

I for one applaud the change and will say so before, during and after the half-dozen cruises I have booked. The hotel directors always appreciate the feedback, especially from others with lifetime experience in the hospitality industry.

Just another geezer whining about “the good old days”.
Please understand that there are some of us geezers who are adaptable and ready to move forward into the future. We're all not whining about the good old days.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I don't know why the posted menu doesn't have the prices. The same one John Heald posted did have the prices but was super tiny and almost impossible to read.

Not looking forward to it, but will adjust of course. My kids love ordering room service. Hope they have enough staff to cover the hour or two before the charges start @ 10pm.

The cheesecake is on the new menu, under desserts.

The cheesecake is on the new menu, under desserts.

Edit: my mistake, I see it’s still on the daytime menu but not the new late night menu.

I used to think that way about add ons "fee based" items on the cruises but the more I cruise, the more I am able to see some benefits of being offered additional options. I never wanted to pay extra to go to the steakhouse, and really, if you don't want to, you get perfectly good food without paying additional. But if you want to get more experiences, you might try it out. Just like buying a car, the regular items that come with the car, radio, tires, options for electric seats, Windows, etc are included in the car and are perfectly fine, but if you want other options, you pay more and upgrade to those. There are times that my budget does not allow me to buy pictures on the ship, for those cruises, I am happy to use my own camera and phones and take my own. Other times, I will pay for the professionals . I like cruising because you don't have to buy any of the additional items if you don't want to. And I like the option of being able to choose. With any other business, if there is an opportunity to make money on additional options or incentives, a good business will try those options because they add value to the experience of the folks using and also adds increased revenue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm with you! We always order room service after the club closes. Hubby ordered the wings numerous times and they are delicious! The new menu looks great and we can't wait to try it out. Like others stated, I think this may help the wait times in getting the food which is a plus in itself.

I do not mind paying 5 bucks for room service items... i will also be trying some new stuff out on their menu.

we got back yesterday from the fantasy and did not see or know about the new menu! is it on just a few ships or fleet wide.

maybe our room steward didn't leave us one! she was not the best!

Room service menu and you order on the tv You do it this way on The Breeze

Like several others, I'd love to see a version that has prices. I did see the one that John Heald posted with prices but I couldn't save it so I couldn't make it big enough for these old eyes to read well!!!

If anyone finds a version with the prices, we'd be grateful!

It appears everything will cost money after 10pm. The prior menu had many of the same pay options, but also allowed the free items 24 hours, not just from 6am-10pm.

It appears everything will cost money after 10pm. The prior menu had many of the same pay options, but also allowed the free items 24 hours, not just from 6am-10pm.

If you look at the menus, the late night is a little different. Can you say OMELETTES!

Wings were good but a liit'e on small side. Enjoyed grilled cheese, veggie bowl, and Caesar salad as well. Hopefully we can still order after 10. Changes after 10pm are vague.

Wings were good but a liit'e on small side. Enjoyed grilled cheese, veggie bowl, and Caesar salad as well. Hopefully we can still order after 10. Changes after 10pm are vague.

In all of my cruises, I have only ordered from room service on two occasions. It seems to me that the times I did order, it took quite a long time before my order arrived. I wouldn’t order room service during the day, as I don’t spend much time in my room, and there is plenty of food available during the day. I usually stay out and about on the ship until I’m too tired to do anything else, then head back to my room. Once I get back to my room, I’m usually in bed and asleep in a very short time. For this reason, I’m not bothered by the changes at all.

Glad the Firecracker Shrimp are still available after 10 pm, one of my fav's! Will also try the Philly cheesesteak for a late night munchie :)