Electrical outlets

The K-Dam is a new HAL ship, and they may have made changes. But all HAL ships that I have sailed on only have electrical outlets at the desk, and shaver-only outlets in the bathroom. The desk outlets are 120 volts and 220 volts. They have US-type outlets with 120 volts, and 220 volts outlets with European round prongs. I think all CPAP machines, and the one that I have, will work from any voltage from 100-240 volts. People who use CPAP's onboard will bring a 12 ft extension cord to reach the bedside table. You can also request an extension cord from Guest Services. I think the only power near the beds are USB charging outlets for cell phones. You can also get gallon jugs of distilled water for $2.95. Order it online, in advance, and it will be in your cabin when you board. Or you can request a jug when you get onboard.

I believe all Koningsdam cabins have 120 volt U.S. style plugs and USB ports on both sides of the bed. As the other ships are updated, plugs and USB ports are being added. We were just on the Oosterdam, and our updated cabin had that design. Just a heads up on extension cords and multi-plugs. I use a CPAP machine. On our cruise 2 weeks ago, they confiscated my multi-plug extension cord that merely had an on/off switch. In the past, they were acceptable, so long as they did not have a surge protector. The security told me they would not keep it for me - it would be destroyed. Wow, I was just trying to follow the rules. Well, our cabin was the updated, plugs by the bed design, so I didn't need my plug. And it WAS returned to me at the end of the cruise. But I have also had plain extension cords confiscated in the past. The ship was insisting I use their cord. Avoid all this hassle and contact HAL directly with your question. They are very accommodating.

Having to use a CPAP machine, I am wondering if there are electrical outlets close to the bed. Sailing on the Koningsdam

We have sailed on the Koningsdam three times, and use a cpap. You will be fine. There is an electrical outlet on each side of the bed and also a USB port on each side. (we were in a balcony cabin each time). Distilled water was $2.95 a gallon. There are also electrical outlets and a USB at the desk.