Liqour In Grand Suite?

pingpong1

My DW and 5 of her longtime college buddies (who have a reunion somewhere in the world every fall) will be on the Adventure of the Seas 10-day cruise from NJ to Quebec this coming Sept 7-17. They will all be staying together in a 2-bedroom Grand Suite on the Deck 8 fantail. All of our past cruising has been on Regent Seven Seas, where all drinks/liquor are "included" in the fare 24/7, anywhere on the ship, including full requested bottle set-ups in all suites along with any requested mixers.

DW is a complete "newbie" to a mass-market cruise line like RCI, where there seems to be a separate charge for just about everything and anything. So my question is, how does one get full bottles of liquor (legally) bought and brought to or stocked in one's stateroom onboard RCI ships? ((On Regent, they simply bring you whatever you ask for and have it already stocked in your suite when you come onboard and they replenish/restock automatically for the duration of the cruise))

All 6 ladies in the Grand Suite will have the pre-purchased Deluxe Liquor Package. Can you get pre-requested/purchased liquor set-ups, and/or bottles of champagne and other wines delivered to their Grand Suite upon their arrival? During the cruise can you get more bottles of liquor with fresh ice, glasses, lime/lemon, snacks, etc. brought on demand or just automatically re-stocked? How does it get paid for and are the costs exorbitant or "reasonably priced"? Surly, one doesn't have to walk to the nearest bar to get a drink, right?

Any info for this "newbie" would be much appreciated. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the cruise approaches. Best Regards to all

You've got to be kidding, me?! So they can order dinner for 6 brought to their room and set up/served out on their balcony, but they can't also have a couple of bottles of wine and/or some cocktails brought along with that dinner?

You've got to be kidding, me?! So they can order dinner for 6 brought to their room and set up/served out on their balcony, but they can't also have a couple of bottles of wine and/or some cocktails brought along with that dinner?

No bottles of anything. You can order individual drinks at the prevailing bar prices.

No bottles of liquor allowed, either brought on by passengers or purchased on board. If you do purchase on board in the shops, or in the ports, the ship will keep those bottles until disembarkation and then turn them over to you to take home.

No set ups, no bars, no nuttin'.

They have the drink package: They must get their drinks at the bars. They can then drink them wherever they want. Room service is not included. (there are no long stocked mini-bars in the staterooms, so that's no longer an issue, but that wasn't included either)

There are no butlers or genies on the Adventure, but the cruisers will have the services of the Suite Lounge Concierge. He can help them make reservations and such. There should be a DVD player in the living area of their suite, and the Concierge will have a supply of DVDs that they can borrow.

In addition to their Deluxe Drink Package, there is a "happy hour" of three and a half hours each evening in the Suite Lounge, where there are hot and cold hors d'oeuvres plus drinks from a limited list.

There is a continental breakfast there each morning as well, plus a fancy coffee machine that makes lattes and such that they can use 24/7. The Lounge is accessed with the SeaPass card.

You can order those things, but they are not covered by the package.

The package does give you a discount off bottles of wine, but you must purchase them yourself at a bar or restaurant. THOSE you can take away with you.

pingpong, Royal Caribbean is NOT Regent. Nowhere near. Please note the difference in price. The extra money that you pay on Regent gets you those things that you are asking about.

I hope that the six ladies are aware that the sleeping arrangements for six are NOT equivalent. Two are in the nice "master bedroom" with a private en suite bathroom and a window onto the balcony.

The other of the two bedrooms is "interior" with no window. It has two twin beds and two pullman beds. Two, three or four can sleep there.

If two sleep in the interior room, then two would share the sofabed in the living room.

Merion Mom (and others) - Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Yes, I fully realize that RCI definitely isn't Regent. Believe me, it wouldn't have been my choice! Fortunately, I won't be with them. The main reason we didn't book the cruise on Regent for the group of 6 was because it was a bit beyond the price "comfort range" for a couple of the ladies attending. So we "defaulted down".

But it never even occurred to me that getting drinks served in your room (vice a bar) would be a problem. As long as the guests are willing to pay for it all (and they are), and RCI "gets their money" for the bottles/liquor purchased - what difference should it make as to whether the product is "delivered" in a bar to the guest or to their suite?

So if I understand correctly, full unopened bottles of wine could be purchased in a nearby bar (with the discount that comes with the deluxe drink package) and then be brought back to their suite for consumption by everyone? Sheesh - I think I'm back in high school!

2 ladies will be in the MB, 2 in the 2nd BR, and the other 2 will be out on the sofa lounge. Regards to all. Thanks for the info.

Unless things have changed they should have sailed Celebrity. Our suite butler kept our bottles of liquor full and ice and mixers too. We have not sailed Celebrity for a few years so maybe they no longer offer that awesome service.

ColdTurkey - Yup! That would be perfect! Money isn't the object. They Just want to be able to mix some "adult beverages" in their Suite. How would they order that "booze & mixer" package? Is it ordered through room service or the concierge? Does it just go on one of the 6 lady's cruise tab and paid for at the end? Thanks much for the info

ColdTurkey - Yup! That would be perfect! Money isn't the object. They Just want to be able to mix some "adult beverages" in their Suite. How would they order that "booze & mixer" package? Is it ordered through room service or the concierge? Does it just go on one of the 6 lady's cruise tab and paid for at the end? Thanks much for the info

There are three (overpriced) packages that you can order to their suite. This is the link. Please note that the liquor bottle is 375 ml, half the size of a regular bottle of booze.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/other-packages/

Cold Turkey/ Merion - Thanks so much for providing this info so quickly. Of course, we know every D--n thing on a cruise ship is "over-priced"! That's why we "save up" all year to be able to afford this cruising experience! I wonder why it would take "up to 48 hours" to deliver a small bottle of booze and 4 cans of coke to a suite that's "just down the passageway"??

Maybe I'm really "pushing the envelope" here, but do you also happen to know if friends, husbands, boyfriends, relatives, etc. can arrange beforehand (and pay) the ship, or RCI directly, to have a chilled "Bon Voyage" bottle of champagne and glasses waiting in the Suite for departing friends, honeymooners, wives, etc. on the first afternoon or evening of departure? Or is that simply a "bridge too far"? Sorry for all the questions.

Cold Turkey/Merion - I might have found something under "romance packages" in the same link that might work. they can skip the rose petals but they will deliver a bottle of Champagne. Just not sure about the timing for paying from afar and having it delivered on the first day of boarding. Thanks again for all the help.

Cold Turkey/ Merion - Thanks so much for providing this info so quickly. Of course, we know every D--n thing on a cruise ship is "over-priced"! That's why we "save up" all year to be able to afford this cruising experience! I wonder why it would take "up to 48 hours" to deliver a small bottle of booze and 4 cans of coke to a suite that's "just down the passageway"??

Maybe I'm really "pushing the envelope" here, but do you also happen to know if friends, husbands, boyfriends, relatives, etc. can arrange beforehand (and pay) the ship, or RCI directly, to have a chilled "Bon Voyage" bottle of champagne and glasses waiting in the Suite for departing friends, honeymooners, wives, etc. on the first afternoon or evening of departure? Or is that simply a "bridge too far"? Sorry for all the questions.

Sure, but you have to order in advance in the cruise planner

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, just call Royal with their reservation number and you can pay for anything listed.

Thanks, Ken (Ourusualbeach) - Everyone on here has been very helpful. I really appreciate everyone's input and advice. I might have additional questions for you all over the next few months. I'll start new threads by topic. Thanks in advance for the help! While DW and her buddies are off having a blast on Adventure, I'll be home taking care of the (7) kitties! I know, I know, "OMG"! Best Regards to all.

Do you have a travel agent. If so they can have bottle of Champagne waiting for your wife’s group. You can also make the payment before the wife sails. If you don’t have an agent call Royal directly. They will be able to take your payment and makes all this happen for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The delay is due to some ports alcohol laws that prevent supplying non-taxed alcohol until leaving their waters.

I think the 48 hours it to cover all contingencies.

I have heard of suite guests hosting cocktail parties with alcohol and snacks. Not sure how that works.

But before the cruise, you will probably be contacted by the suite concierge,so reply and ask about this.

While the prices of the half-bottle setups look expensive, they really aren't when compared to single drink prices. You get about 8 single shot drinks per package. That averages to $6+/- per drink...much cheaper than when purchased at a bar (although admittedly more than "free" if you have a drink package). It's nice to have this available in your room. My issue is more with the limited mixers. Love me some rum, but with fruit juices, not Coke.