Cruise Critic Community
kg4pit

Double-decker bus?

Is the double decker bus tour in Progreso or Mérida? We are looking at seeing Mérida on our own and not book an excursion. I’ve seen people talk about the double decker bus. Anybody have suggestions about what to do in Merida.. thanks!

Is the double decker bus tour in Progreso or Mérida? We are looking at seeing Mérida on our own and not book an excursion. I’ve seen people talk about the double decker bus. Anybody have suggestions about what to do in Merida.. thanks!

I know that there is a double decker bus tour in Progreso. They may have them in Merida as well, but I haven't heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The open air double decker bus tour people refer to is in Progreso, available right after you get off the free shuttle bus from the port.

As for Merida, you can take a cruise line excursion or a private company tour there .Or rent a taxi for the day from the port. I believe the city is about a 30 or so minute drive from Progreso. They do have frequent public buses that runs from Progreso to Merida and back also.

There are two double decker bus companies in Merida. One is called Turibus and operated by ADO, the big regional bus company. I think Turibus has a stop on street beside the cathedral. The other bus starts and finishes on Calle 55 across the street from Parque Santa Lucia. I think their name is Carnavalito.

Anyone know the cost of Progreso open air bus? It used to be $2 pp

I thank everyone for your posts. We are in a group of people on the Carnival Valor on October 1, 2018. Most are doing Merida but the wo of us have done that before so the double decker bus fits our needs. I have mobility issues so we will sit on the first floor. The only question I have is, can we hop on and hop off?

This sounds like it's still there!  WONDERFUL to know!!  We'll be there in December and with new cruisers, I want to show them this tour!!

Someone told me it's $5...  so maybe that's what it is!