Help with WIFI plan

mafiadon

I just purchased the value Wifi plan on my sailing as I need to keep in contact for info on my mom. What do I have to do once I get on the ship to activate it, as I have never used the wifi from the ship and don't know what to do. Thanks for any help

I just purchased the value Wifi plan on my sailing as I need to keep in contact for info on my mom. What do I have to do once I get on the ship to activate it, as I have never used the wifi from the ship and don't know what to do. Thanks for any help

Simple. Connect to WiFi network (there’s no password). Go to carnivalhub.com. There, it will ask for your folio (on your room key) and date of birth. You’re logged in

Simple. Connect to WiFi network (there’s no password). Go to carnivalhub.com. There, it will ask for your folio (on your room key) and date of birth. You’re logged in

Is the carnival hub the wifi plan or just the Carnival Hub for $5, as I purchased the $82 dollar package for the week

Is the carnival hub the wifi plan or just the Carnival Hub for $5, as I purchased the $82 dollar package for the week

That is just the website you use to log in your WiFi plan. The carnival hub app shows you schedules of what’s going for free. It costs $5 to use the chat feature with other guests on the ship

This may go without saying, but it never hurts to repeat. Put your phone into airplane mode, then enter the settings and turn the wifi capability back on. Connect to Carnival wifi. Open the HUB app. Enter the information requested on the app for the internet access. You are good to go.

This may go without saying, but it never hurts to repeat. Put your phone into airplane mode, then enter the settings and turn the wifi capability back on. Connect to Carnival wifi. Open the HUB app. Enter the information requested on the app for the internet access. You are good to go.

OP, this is a very confusing post, the Hub App and the wifi are completely different. As people said, open any browser, the wifi options will appear, pick your option, enter folio and last name and you are logged in. The Hub App you download from the App Store and is free.

It is good to remind everyone... cell phone service must be off when you leave your home port, or you could be charged a boatload. The exception is if you are in a USA port like St. Thomas or San Juan, but you still need to make sure you don't accidentally connect to the ship's cell tower. You can confiscate the kid's SIM cards before the cruise if they will get to keep their phone.

Anyone know how good the premium and value plans are? worth it? I'm VERY used to being connected. Thank you.

They aren't. Value was so slow I upgraded to the Premium onboard and it wasn't any better so I got my money back on the upgrade. When everyone is onboard it is bogged down and almost unusable at times. Don't expect to stay glued to your device like at home. Go out and enjoy being on a cruise. If you need to get your fix I suggest when you're in port and people are off the ship or in the middle of the night.

They aren't. Value was so slow I upgraded to the Premium onboard and it wasn't any better so I got my money back on the upgrade. When everyone is onboard it is bogged down and almost unusable at times. Don't expect to stay glued to your device like at home. Go out and enjoy being on a cruise. If you need to get your fix I suggest when you're in port and people are off the ship or in the middle of the night.

Hmmm. Not bad idea, esp if service is not good.

• 2 months later...
wifi package with two teens. confused by one device rule. help!!!
If you want both of your kids to be able to use the on board wifi plans (Social, Value, Premium) at the same time, then you'll have to purchase each of them their own plan. If you purchase just one of those plans, and want to use it on more than once device, you'll have to logout of one so the other can login.

The Carnival Hub app is different. It is a smartphone app downloaded from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android). It's free to download and free to use almost all of its features. It has a digital copy of the Fun Times, deck plans, you can see your S&S account balance, food venues & menus, etc. It also has a chat feature that lets you message people you're with or others on the ship. This feature costs $5 per device and lasts the entire cruise.

If you want both of your kids to be able to use the on board wifi plans (Social, Value, Premium) at the same time, then you'll have to purchase each of them their own plan. If you purchase just one of those plans, and want to use it on more than once device, you'll have to logout of one so the other can login.

The Carnival Hub app is different. It is a smartphone app downloaded from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android). It's free to download and free to use almost all of its features. It has a digital copy of the Fun Times, deck plans, you can see your S&S account balance, food venues & menus, etc. It also has a chat feature that lets you message people you're with or others on the ship. This feature costs $5 per device and lasts the entire cruise.

my kids want their own. can i do a plan for each teen???

my kids want their own. can i do a plan for each teen???
Yes, everyone can have their own. You can login to your Cruise Manager account and pre-purchase the plans ahead of time from the Fun Shops (at a slightly discounted price) or wait until you're on board the ship. Here's the info about each plan and their prices:

Social Wi-Fi Plan

Access the most popular social websites and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites. Does not include access to most websites and email. Does not support access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora), iMessage or Skype. Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $4.00 USD per day | Onboard price: $5.00 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: not applicable.

Value Wi-Fi Plan

Access popular social websites, email and applications including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, SnapChat and the most popular airline sites as well as news, entertainment (not including streaming sites), sports, weather, banking and finance. Post pictures of your trip and make your friends jealous. Faster speeds than the Social Plan. Does not support Skype or video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $10.25 USD per day | Onboard price: $12.00 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: $16.00 USD.

Premium Wi-Fi Plan

Our Premium Wi-Fi plan provides you access to all sites under the Social and Value Plans at the fastest possible connection on board (3 times faster than the Value Plan). Our Premium Plan also supports Skype calling where coverage allows. Does not support video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora). Cellular-network-dependent Wi-Fi calling and Facetime services are also not supported. Prices are based on cruise-long plans and are subject to change without prior notice: Pre-Cruise price: $14.88 USD per day | Onboard price: $17.70 USD per day | Onboard price for 24 hour plan: $25.00 USD.

OP, this is a very confusing post, the Hub App and the wifi are completely different. As people said, open any browser, the wifi options will appear, pick your option, enter folio and last name and you are logged in. The Hub App you download from the App Store and is free.

The Hub App is a free app you can download before getting to the ship. During this time it is a countdown clock, and you can set up an avatar if you want.

Once you are on board you can log in to Carnival wi-fi (it instructs you to turn airplane mode on), which gives you access to the digital fun times, account folio charges, and other free items.

You can also pay $5 per folio (for the duration of the cruise) for the Hub chat feature. This allows you to 'chat' with other passengers, but is only for use on the ship. You can only be signed into one device at a time per folio - if you try to sign in on another device with the same number it will kick you off the other device. Each cruiser has their own number (on the sail and sign card). I think this is the same rate on board or pre-pay.

If you want one of the data services to be able to communicate with a site or person not on the ship that is when you get a data plan, which charges per day. The cheapest plan must be bought for the whole cruise, but the higher levels can be for one day only. There is a discount if pre-purchased.

tl;dr:

Hub App - on board info only, free

Hub App with chat - Hub app, plus on board communication

Internet Plans - allows access to certain off-ship communication based on the level purchased

Hope that helps:)