RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I have 2 questions; 1st time on the BRILLANCE

1. Where is the Diamond Lounge on the Brillance & is it able to hold a crowd or do they put the overflow somewhere else.

2. As a D+ can I go some where else for a cocktail hour if it is crowded?

3. Can I use my 3 drink in the mauin dinning room?

THANKS YOU

george35

Overflow is held in the VCL as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I don't think you are alone...and ideally you should not get abuse for just voicing your opinion. That is what these boards are for! :confused: Shame on the ones that did that. :(

I agree with your thinking, but would tweak it to be SL for full suites only, and CL (Or C&A lounge) for D+ and Pinnacle. The Pineapples won't like it, (sorry guys :o) but I look at it as a Suites thing and an upper tier C&A deal. D's get the drink vouchers. Plus suites guests should never have access to an upper tier lounge...unless they have made it that level.

Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Set fixed number of FREE drinks period. Limit it too two in DL. That would free up seats. If your two are used up in DL, then you can’t use in Dinning areas.

If you drink outside of DL, set to 3 on Pass But drinks in DL count towards the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Then why even bother having a DL?

Hope your MJ cruise is fantastic too,it is one of the few RC ships we haven't been on.

We are looking forward to Mariner coming to CC which is the easiest US port for us to get to.

Thanks! :) The crew is what really makes it, as they did when we enjoyed departed sister Monarch too. Otherwise not really my favorite class of ship.

I love Mariner! :hearteyes: She was my very first RCI cruise. :D Will be good to have her here in PC, and also will be nice to see our sweet Enchantment again (even though only briefly). Already booked on both. :cool:

So, in addition to more FREE drinks, you want to take up more revenue areas and turn it into lost revenue?

You sound like a RC company man.

I have regularly posted that we drink very little alcohol so no extra free drinks is not a driving force for me.

1. Where is the Diamond Lounge on the Brillance & is it able to hold a crowd or do they put the overflow somewhere else.

THANKS YOU

george35

We were on Brilliance TA this Fall.....DL is up next to Viking Lounge -VERY small - even for breakfast..BUT they used the Colony Club for the Happy Hour as there were in excess of 1100 Diamond and D+ on that cruise (as is true with most TAs). The service and apps in the Colony were great and I am assuming that some of the food & beverage personnel will still be around next Fall They were very accomodating on the ship last Fall, we were able to use the sea pass chits in the MDR and at other bars around the ship.

THANKS YOU

george35

Just off Brilliance last month. There were over 200 Ds, 400 D+, and 40 Pinnacles! :o

The Diamond Lounge is directly across the hallway on the VCL (Viking Crown Lounge) deck from the Concierge Lounge. On our cruise, due to the large number of D's, they opened up the entire VCL during cocktail hour, with no access to the keyed entry door during the that time. Crew member checking sea pass cards at the regular entrance to the VCL.

We tried twice to get a drink in there with no results. Too many people and not enough servers. Even the line at the bar was unreal. Gave up and just used the Concierge Lounge which always emptied out just after first seating.

Yes, you can use your three drink vouchers at the other lounges.

I never tried to use the drink vouchers in the dining room, as we simply walked in with a glass in hand.

DL on Brilliance is up in Viking Crown, right off the elevators. Currently, D+ on Brilliance can also use the Concierge Lounge, also up in Viking Crown. Don't know about the MDR use of vouchers.

On Brilliance last month, it was called StarQuest. The bar in StarQuest Rotates.

Unless of course it’s the VC and has 3 parts, DL, CL, and StarQuest. I thought it odd no VC.

Overflow is held in the VCL as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Don’t think Brilliance has Viking Crown. They call it StarQuest or Star Quest. Rotating bar.

I know the deck plans show a VCL but I believe it is all part of the StarQuest???

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

You sound like a RC company man.

I have regularly posted that we drink very little alcohol so no extra free drinks is not a driving force for me.

Well, I can tell you Royal is not likely to give up any revenue producing area for a loyalty Lounge. Just doesn’t make good business sense.

You are welcome to your opinion but if you don't like the thread no one is forcing you to contribute.

Thanks captain obvious.

I like to remind people of the trivial and unfactual nature of the path these threads always go down. Hello Alice good to see you again.

JC

Not a matter of if - just a matter of when, and what. Changes are coming.

Which people have been saying for years, now. I think these predictions only become meaningful if these predicted changes 1 Occur and 2 Occur in the reasonably near future. For example in 100 years which of us will be around to discuss when the change occurred. Heck, half this forum may not make 10 years.:evilsmile:

JC