Book Now or Book Onboard?

3dogmom

I want to book a cruise that was just released, but wondered if the perks are worth it to wait until I cruise in March. I see that the OBC offer from CruiseNext must be used on the current cruise you're on, which for me on a 4-night cruise that I already have the UBP and dining isn't that much of a perk.

Any other perks I'm not aware of?

I want to book a cruise that was just released, but wondered if the perks are worth it to wait until I cruise in March. I see that the OBC offer from CruiseNext must be used on the current cruise you're on, which for me on a 4-night cruise that I already have the UBP and dining isn't that much of a perk.

Whilst the OBC on cruisenext has to be used on the current cruise you will have no problem spending it.

In order to earn that OBC you need to spend at least $250 that it can be used against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst the OBC on cruisenext has to be used on the current cruise you will have no problem spending it.

In order to earn that OBC you need to spend at least $250 that it can be used against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! So I'd have to put down $250 in order to receive the $100 OBC?

Hmm....there's a $50 deposit special right now.....

You could book now for the $50, then purchase the Cruise Next certificates onboard to get the discount thru OBC. When you return, just call NCL and have the certificate(s) applied to your booking.

You could book now for the $50, then purchase the Cruise Next certificates onboard to get the discount thru OBC. When you return, just call NCL and have the certificate(s) applied to your booking.

What perks would then be applied for using the certificate?

What perks would then be applied for using the certificate?

If you purchase 2 certificates, you are charged $500 for them in your onboard account. However, you also receive $250 OBC in your onboard account, which means the actual cost $125 each ($500 - $250 = $250/2 =$125).

When you apply the Cruise Next certificates to your booking they will be worth $250 each, so essentially you save $125 off your next cruise for each certificate.

Also, you can use 2 certificates per balcony stateroom (or higher) if your cruise is more than 6 months in the future.

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

That can vary. It seems that usually it's an in-category upgrade (book a BA balcony, get a BA balcony).

At least that was what I got on my last cruise.

True if you do initial booking onboard :D This doesn’t apply if you have already booked or want to wait to book later.

If you purchase 2 certificates, you are charged $500 for them in your onboard account. However, you also receive $250 OBC in your onboard account, which means the actual cost $125 each ($500 - $250 = $250/2 =$125).

When you apply the Cruise Next certificates to your booking they will be worth $250 each, so essentially you save $125 off your next cruise for each certificate.

Also, you can use 2 certificates per balcony stateroom (or higher) if your cruise is more than 6 months in the future.

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

I only need one certificate per stateroom, correct? I will book an inside cabin for 2 people.

So to wrap my brain around this, I'll book an inside cabin now with a $50 deposit. When I cruise in March, I'll buy 1 certificate for $250 and spend the $100 OBC on that cruise. When I return home, I'll call NCL and have them apply the certificate to my booked inside cabin. If they offer any other perks when I call, great. If not, $300 total has been applied to the balance of the cruise.

If I'm wrong in this, please let me know!

I only need one certificate per stateroom, correct? I will book an inside cabin for 2 people.

So to wrap my brain around this, I'll book an inside cabin now with a $50 deposit. When I cruise in March, I'll buy 1 certificate for $250 and spend the $100 OBC on that cruise. When I return home, I'll call NCL and have them apply the certificate to my booked inside cabin. If they offer any other perks when I call, great. If not, $300 total has been applied to the balance of the cruise.

I hope others can weigh in. My understanding is that you can use the CruiseNext on a future booking - not on something you have already booked. I could very well be wrong. Anyone with experience of this?

I hope others can weigh in. My understanding is that you can use the CruiseNext on a future booking - not on something you have already booked. I could very well be wrong. Anyone with experience of this?
I have used a Cruise Next certificate on a previously booked cruise instead of using the certificate as the initial deposit.

Yes the total deposit figure would be correct. I have never heard of being offered a perk for redeeming your certificate. The only perks I have seen are at time of purchase.

Just used two certificates on a previously booked cruise. First rep told my travel agent no. She asked for a supervisor who said yes. So it can be done.

If I'm wrong in this, please let me know![/quote

Just to clarify you would be charged $250 for the certificate and then get a credit of $100. So you actually just pay $150. No need to try to fine things to purchase with OBC. It is used to pay for the certificate. They are great at saving money on your cruises.