Johnny Rockets now $9.95 cover charge.

That is pricey for Johnny Rockets considering it's on a cruise. Kind of a shame. First Sabor, and now JR. Not good. But I guess it's not outrageous and in line with similar places like Margaritaville on NCL Escape.

Ugh, whatever happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I know a lot of cruise lines have turned to nickel and diming their passengers lately, but it seems like Royal has been especially proactive in pissing off their loyal passengers with extra fees. I'm not too much of a fan of Carnival, but at least they have more complimentary dining options...

Love this line, bolded. Wouldn't look at JR's for $6.95 and won't now. The rule of thumb we have is its a franchise on land won't touch it at sea(the exception would be if I was on an NCL ship with Margaritaville)

What? Never! He likes Fox news.

I’m not sure I like any TV News. I do prefer some over others. It’s no longer news but personal bias and opinions. I like to try to get as much information online and make my own opinion. Too many take the word of certain stations and treat it as fact. Very one sided. Only covers the information or facts that fits with their political beliefs and agenda.

FAKENEWS includes only reporting one biased side and not both or all the news. To only cover and report what benefits ones agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not sure I like any TV News. I do prefer some over others. It’s no longer news but personal bias and opinions. I like to try to get as much information online and make my own opinion. Too many take the word of certain stations and treat it as fact. Very one sided. Only covers the information or facts that fits with their political beliefs and agenda.

FAKENEWS includes only reporting one biased side and not both or all the news. To only cover and report what benefits ones agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our daily newspapers are very biased towards Conservative or Labour political parties.

Ugh, whatever happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I know a lot of cruise lines have turned to nickel and diming their passengers lately, but it seems like Royal has been especially proactive in pissing off their loyal passengers with extra fees. I'm not too much of a fan of Carnival, but at least they have more complimentary dining options...

I feel the exact same way. Took my first Carnival cruise a couple years back (after a dozen or so on RCCL and Celebrity) and was pleasantly surprised at their included options - Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana may not be quite as extensive menu wise as JR and the Mexican place I can't recall the name of, but they definitely beat any of the included options on Royal.

Back on Royal this year, but will definitely cruise on Carnival again if the price and itinerary is right. Even if it means no Diamond happy hours [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

$10 for grilled cheese, oh my. I would request it in the dining room as they probably make it the same way.

Well, I respectfully disagree. I think the MDR has gone down hill from our first cruise in 1997. We eat there once or twice on a cruise. And it's not just for grilled cheese, there are sides as well. But I respect your opinion.

People will still pay it for various reasons. My family of 4 will be cruise later in the year. We already picked a night the Mrs and I will be going to Giovannis and the teens were told they were going Johnny Rockets, so I will pay it. And if I feel like a burger at some point, I/m not going to let 3 or 10 dollars stop me.

In Canada our burger chains charge that much anyway. I agree if I want a burger a loonie or twoonie more is OK - it is vacation time. ps - loonie is a$1.00 coin - twoonie a $2.00 coin

Is this for breakfast too? I heard Windjammer on Oasis does not have made to order omelets, but Johnny R does as part of their free breakfast.

Breakfast is still free at JR on Oasis class ships. There is no breakfast at JR on non-Oasis class ships.