Tipping and price matching

Netosha

I just booked my family a cruise for March! I am super excited!! We haven't been on one in 5 years.

I have a few questions.

If you add tip to your bill, does that cover everyone? Or do I need to bring cash to tip while on board? Like roomservice?

Before when I booked our cruise the price kept dropping and I called to have it adjusted. Do they still do this?

You have the option to prepay your gratuities...or it will be added onto your account by day 2 or 3....$12.50/pp per day. If you do not have one of the drink packages.... the gratuity is added automatically to each drink. Other tipping is discretionary.. For Room service I usually tip the deliverer with cash...so you may want to bring a stack ot 1's and 5's with you for those type of situations...plus bills in smaller denominations comes in handy at ports

We are pre paying gratuities, and that covers almost everyone. Some $1 bills are handy for room service delivery people, and small purchases on shore.

You won't need to tip any bartender, since CCL always adds a generous tip to the bill for you. Personally I don't care if the bartender gets the money from CCL or not... I know I tipped a fair amount and what they do with the money is not my business.

If someone truly does something extra ordinary, an extra tip is a nice gesture, but I don't recall too many cases where staff did above and beyond the call of duty for us.

They will adjust the cruise price if it goes down, but my experience is after final payment date, the prices usually go up a tiny bit. As for tipping you can pay everything with your sign and sail card. Even room service that is free will have a slip you can sign to add a tip. Off the ship you will need some small bills for tips. I carry $2 bills. Servers are more likely to remember you because they don't see them often, if at all.