Princess "Secrets" 2018

barbpretz

Just reading about obc for veterans. I have the dd214 in hand but sail in 2 days. Is it likely that i can take a copy onboard with me and get the credit? Suggestions?

Thanks, Terry

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just scan the application and dd-214 and send right away via email as a pdf if possible.. we got processed within hours on a weekday. a personal note wouldn't hurt either.

I think the time limits are just to discourage them getting swamped at the last minute.

Taking a photocopy onboard wouldn't hurt either just in case. I've read several reports of the vet obc being credited that way. just a bit of a hastle for the staff, that's all.

What ever you do they may not tell you it's been OKed. just keep checking the online princess cruise personalizer for the credit being applied.

Just scan the application and dd-214 and send right away via email as a pdf if possible.. we got processed within hours on a weekday. a personal note wouldn't hurt either.

I think the time limits are just to discourage them getting swamped at the last minute.

Taking a photocopy onboard wouldn't hurt either just in case. I've read several reports of the vet obc being credited that way. just a bit of a hastle for the staff, that's all.

What ever you do they may not tell you it's been OKed. just keep checking the online princess cruise personalizer for the credit being applied.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm just finding out about the obc for veterans. I have the dd214 in hand, but our cruise starts in 2 days! Any chance we can get the credit of we just take a copy on board with us? Suggestions?

As others have said, submit the paperwork regardless of how late it is, the worst that cnhappen is it won't get accepted in time and there is always the chance that it will make it. One thing to remember in the future is that that benefit will be linked to your Captain's Circle number which you will get assigned at the end of your first cruise (assuming you are going on your first Princess cruise and don't already have a CC number). If you ever schedule a cruise through a travel agent, make sure that the agent attaches your CC number to your cruise reservation as that will get your vetrans OBC assigned to your cruise. If they don't assign that CC number you won't get the OBC.

Tom

Just got off the Princess Caribbean. We had anytime dining and would go around 7:00 to the dining room on Deck 5. Usually there was a line. Sometimes just a few minutes even though they would tell you 20 minutes or so, sometimes no wait. If there was a wait,. we would get a beeper just in case our strategy failed to go up one deck to the dining room up there which is traditional until 7:30. However, around 7:10 they would start seating you and the place was empty so easy to get a table for however many you wanted. We even got seated over in the Club section a couple of times even though there were plenty of tables available between the door and that section. We would turn the beeper in and tell them we didn't need it.