Brazil E visa is live for USA

dolfndreams

Heard back from visa site.y passport page photo was not good enough so I had to send another upload.

Waited one day and heard back today that it was acceptable and now I just wait for my eVisa.

So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I uploaded my photo and first page of my passport I received an email stating that they could not read the passport page. The email; also provided an email address to which I could send the scan instead of trying to upload it again.. I sent it to the email and had my visa a couple of days later.

After I uploaded my photo and first page of my passport I received an email stating that they could not read the passport page. The email; also provided an email address to which I could send the scan instead of trying to upload it again.. I sent it to the email and had my visa a couple of days later.

Wow, that's a great option! I don't know if that has always been an option - I know lots of people have struggled with uploading photos, so I wonder if they recently added that due to all the difficulties. But thanks for letting me know! I'm in a roll-call thread for our upcoming cruise, which starts in Brazil, so I've been advising them all on how to get their visas. I'll let them know this is available. I'm sure they'll be happy to hear this!

It's only an option if you fail at uploading one of the required documents on your application. On the application piece, you ONLY have uploading the picture to their little template. If you fail to upload properly and submit anyway, they will send you an email and it's THERE that you have the email attachment option.

I think someone on their end manually fits the attached photo you send into their template, and it delays the whole process, but at least it works.

I started my process on Monday and even with the upload problem and waiting for emails from them, I still had my eVisa yesterday. So, a week. I'll take it. Beats the alternative of the old visa process where you had to send in your passport, etc. and then wait.

It's only an option if you fail at uploading one of the required documents on your application. On the application piece, you ONLY have uploading the picture to their little template. If you fail to upload properly and submit anyway, they will send you an email and it's THERE that you have the email attachment option.

I think someone on their end manually fits the attached photo you send into their template, and it delays the whole process, but at least it works.

I started my process on Monday and even with the upload problem and waiting for emails from them, I still had my eVisa yesterday. So, a week. I'll take it. Beats the alternative of the old visa process where you had to send in your passport, etc. and then wait.

Thank you for this information it really helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this invaluable information! It will definitely save me some unnecessary aggravation. What other type of photo needs to be uploaded other than the first page of the passport?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if the Brazil.vfsevisa.com site still works? I have been trying for three days on my iPad Pro and it stops after I enter my passport information. I kicks me back to the “apply” page. Any advice is welcomed. 

On 11/29/2018 at 4:37 PM, Trend said:

If I remember calling them they said it does not work through Safari you need Goggle Chrome

I didn’t get to speak with anyone... but you are right.. I have Apple EVERYTHING and until I downloaded Google Chrome to my iPad, I was spinning my wheels for  about three weeks. The problem is with Safari, it allows you to go so far and then it gets loopy “literally” keeps taking you in a loop back to the “apply” page. After downloading Chrome, I finally uploaded my photos through trial and error , paid my fee and now waiting in hopes everything is accepted. Thanks everyone for the advice and information. 

On 12/2/2018 at 12:04 PM, Wayfairers said:

It worked for me in Safari with no issues.  One of the easiest visa processes I’ve done - so glad they changed it to an eVisa.  I was dreading it when we first signed up for the cruise requiring a Brazilian visa.

I’m very happy Safari worked for you. Not sure why it didn’t work on my iPad. I didn’t attempt it on my Mac though.  Although, I can’t say it was super easy.... I am thankful it was changed to an eVisa also. 

I have just completed and sent off application.  The website has been a real hit and miss over the last few days and is up and running again today.  Had problems trying to upload photos until I saved my photos in 'paint', resized according to their pixel suggestion and was then able to upload and fine tune in their template.  Next problem was with application details and wanted a date 1 month after expiry date. Waited another day and boom boom, site is working again, quickly finished off application, paid my $$ and now will wait and see.  

Suggest if having probs trying to upload to their template, save your photo in 'paint', resize and all should be good.  Cheers

20 hours ago, 3onTour said:

I’m very happy Safari worked for you. Not sure why it didn’t work on my iPad. I didn’t attempt it on my Mac though.  Although, I can’t say it was super easy.... I am thankful it was changed to an eVisa also. 

I did mine on my iPad - I don’t own a computer anymore.  It was a few weeks ago...I’m wondering if maybe something was updated in either Safari or on Brazil’s side that made it no longer work.   Happy you finally got something to work fo you.