Live Trip Report - Celebrity Equinox - Jan 27 thru Feb 3

clj7181

You may have mentioned it and I missed it, but what cabin were you in? The view looks similar to what ours will be in July from room 2106.

We were in 1044 - it was a concierge class, deck 10 on the front hump - I really liked the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have all my pictures saved on my computer now that I am home so going back through the review and adding a few that I missed earlier on. Back to our 1st day and a few of my sail away pictures from the helipad:

sail-away-miami-4.jpg

sail-away-miami-3.jpg

sail-away-miami-2.jpg

sail-away-miami-1.jpg

Thanks so much for this review! Could you tell me if this cruise has guests of all ages or mostly an older crowd and if there are many children on board? Our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit had passengers of all ages and activities for everyone and we really enjoyed it. However, when we went on the Reflection to the Caribbean 2 years ago the cruise had mostly older guests and the activities were very limited.

I would say this cruise was an older crowd - someone said there were 35 kids on board. Being the last week of January all of the kids are back in school, meaning you lose that family element. Also there was a Polka group on board - I think someone said 700 people which I feel was an older crowd also.

Here are a few images I got during the Heart of the Operation Tour which took place on the 1st Sea Day. It was interesting to see the kitchen, but not that long of a tour - probably a lot to do with how many people take the tour.

gt-1.jpg

gt-2.jpg

gt-3.jpg

Thank you so much for such a fun, informative review!

We'll be on the Equinox on March 3rd as well and I cannot wait! I've sailed on the Reflection twice and thoroughly enjoyed them both and am expecting the Equinox to be as good! My birthday is the 4th, so I'm doubly excited to spend my birthday on the ship!

Kateri

Edited by katmandu2

We are on the Feb 10th trip, can't wait to see your report.

We are on the February 10th sailing as well! Haven't cruised since 2006 (Royal Caribbean) and are very much looking forward to sailing on Celebrity. For planning purposes would love to see what the daily newsletters 'Celebrity Today' look like - wondering which nights are the dressier 'formal' nights (and how dressed up travelers tend to go with).

I have a question. I'm getting on the ship March 3, and I'm trying to schedule our dining. On the website, it appears that the same food is served every night for Celebrity Select dining. I've never done Select before, just Main Dining. Are the Main Dining menus available for Select seating? I can't imagine that they wouldn't be, but I don't understand why a menu is visible that isn't specifically labelled "sample" menu.

I have a question. I'm getting on the ship March 3, and I'm trying to schedule our dining. On the website, it appears that the same food is served every night for Celebrity Select dining. I've never done Select before, just Main Dining. Are the Main Dining menus available for Select seating? I can't imagine that they wouldn't be, but I don't understand why a menu is visible that isn't specifically labelled "sample" menu.

I don't know how you got the idea that Select diners have the same food every night, but don't worry, Select and Traditional diners both use the same MDR menu.

Thank you so much! Silly question but we’re you given the invitation for the sailaway at the lunch or was it in your stateroom?

Thank you for the great live report! I am really enjoying it! We sail in a 'C' class all the time and always go to the buffet after boarding. Is the Concierge lunch in the dining room and do they seat you with other passengers?

So glad you received an invite for the helipad! We have sailed 8 times with Celebrity and have not been that lucky.

Everyone gets the same menu in the MDR :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sail in a 'C' class all the time and always go to the buffet after boarding. Is the Concierge lunch in the dining room and do they seat you with other passengers?

The Concierge Class lunch is in the main dining room. You can sit with other passengers or ask for a table for just your party.

I really enjoyed reading your cruise review as I was on the same cruise. It is always interesting to read someone else’s perspective.

I, too, have never been a big fan of Richard Spacey. I hate the “I love you” routine. But I changed my opinion on this cruise. He was very good at getting people engaged in activities. I had the chance to compare him to the CD on the Silhouette, as I was on that ship the following week. Spacey was far superior.

It was interesting that on the Equinox, there were no tables set outside the shops. Even on the big sale day, everyone had to squeeze into the shops. I expected the same on the Silhouette, but they had the usual setup. I was told that Celebrity tests things out first on the Equinox.

I noticed a huge cutback in the pressure selling of specialty restaurants on both ships- yeah!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

About select dining: I knew it was a silly question, but if you go to make your nightly dinner reservations on Celebrity's site, you can see a menu and it's the same each night. We normally do the main dining and have never done Select, so I was terrified it was different, lol. I don't know why they don't indicate it's a "Sample" menu, which would be infinitely clearer. The way they have it set up, it appears it's the same menu every night.

Select dining on this Equinox cruise was very poorly managed. I had booked a table for four at 6:45 for every day well before the cruise. The first night we waited an hour and a half to get our table! The second night, it was an hour delay. We finally decided to omit a pre-dinner drink and head to the MDR at 5:30 to avoid having to wait. On the Silhouette the following week, our reservation was honoured and we got in on time every night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums