Cruise Critic Community
set718

Dolphin Encounter at Ocean World

I am wondering the same thing. We are signed up for this next month, and I'm curious how much the pictures and video cost. Any info is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I’m sorry to be ‘that person’ but - these animals are usually taken out of the wild, away from their pods and not able to migrate, play, communicate, or breed with other dolphins ever again. Illness and early death are common. They are depressed and being forced to perform for you.

Just imagine being taken from your family, never have human interaction again, being kept in a tiny room, and being forced to let someone hang all over you regardless of your mood or health.

I love animals and I definitely wish I could interact with them, but wild animals are not toys.

Sorry if it feels like a lecture, but just please consider.

I’m sorry to be ‘that person’ but - these animals are usually taken out of the wild, away from their pods and not able to migrate, play, communicate, or breed with other dolphins ever again. Illness and early death are common. They are depressed and being forced to perform for you.

Just imagine being taken from your family, never have human interaction again, being kept in a tiny room, and being forced to let someone hang all over you regardless of your mood or health.

I love animals and I definitely wish I could interact with them, but wild animals are not toys.

Sorry if it feels like a lecture, but just please consider.

Your lecture was not helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Your lecture was not helpful. Thanks for sharing.

I too would like to know about this excursion. Signed up for it on our cruise next week.

Edited by Doglovertoo
typo

Just got back from our cruise. We did the Swim with the Dolphins - not the encounter. It was wonderful! Worth the price!

We are signed up for the swim with dolphins in Amber Cove.  Can you tell me about your experience doing this? Is the water clean?